Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cmon Jimmy. You really aren’t going to die on this hill are you? I’m still catching up on this thread but if I keep scrolling I’m sure my brother @TheOriginalCane or someone else will have addressed this. I mean heck, even @Cribby just addressed this for you. Yet you still don’t believe it. It was discussed plenty of times as well last year after it was over. His goose was cooked before the end of the season and even before FSU.

It’s like the Gattis thing all over again here.
HE’s StiLL HeRe

Advertisement
I hate these key words, suggestive phrases, talking in code, hinting around BS.

So whadda we got?

He banged someone? Recruit? Recruit Mom? Recruit Dad? Coaches wife? Daughter? Neighbor? Fellow employee? Farm animal - with photos? Two-Beer Cindy? Who? Female? Male? Trans?

Or was he working for the Russians? Possible . . . it's always the Russians. Except when it's the Chinese . . .

C'mon somebody! Throw us a bone!
Bones are potentially the issue it seems

Advertisement
That’s a bold call…. If he stumbles again in 2023, the 2024 schedule has people nervous… a bad 2024 would mean Mario is an epic failure…
Agreed. Hopefully not the case…. But if he hires Arroyo as his next OC after already failing year one, then he’s on his way. I don’t think it’s an exaggeration to say this might be the most important hire in Mario’s career. Here’s to hoping he hits it out the park.

Seems it might be useful to clear up what "firing for cause" means and how it can happen.

1.) The law throughout almost the entire United States is that employment relationships can be ended at any time for any reason by either the employer or an employee unless there is a long-term contractual agreement between the parties that says otherwise.
2.) If there is a long-term contractual agreement for the employment relationship, that agreement essentially governs the entire employment relationship as if it was the law itself
3.) What allows an employer to "Fire for cause" is completely determined by the parties themselves when they draft the long term contract. The parties define for themselves in the contract what the employee's duties are and under what circumstances can the employee be fired.
4.) "Firing for cause" has no standard meaning or definition, which is why there are pages of people disagreeing with one another about what would be bad enough to count.
5.) If you have not read the employment contract between Joshua Gattis and the University of Miami that was signed in February of 2022, you do not know what conduct would or would not allow firing for cause.

Advertisement
Advertisement
bulletproof machine gun GIF by Warner Archive

Your weapons of truth are useless against Gattis. He is bulletproof. He need not recruit his position of WR. He need not improve play-calling. His contract is ironclad. His vest is made of pure Broyle’s award.

Anyone have a synopsis on the current situation?

Gattis ****ed up somewhere and we're trying to fire him for cause which avoids a buyout, but UMs not going this route to specifically avoid the buyout?

Is this about it?

Advertisement
Seems it might be useful to clear up what "firing for cause" means and how it can happen.

1.) The law throughout almost the entire United States is that employment relationships can be ended at any time for any reason by either the employer or an employee unless there is a long-term contractual agreement between the parties that says otherwise.
2.) If there is a long-term contractual agreement for the employment relationship, that agreement essentially governs the entire employment relationship as if it was the law itself
3.) What allows an employer to "Fire for cause" is completely determined by the parties themselves when they draft the long term contract. The parties define for themselves in the contract what the employee's duties are and under what circumstances can the employee be fired.
4.) "Firing for cause" has no standard meaning or definition, which is why there are pages of people disagreeing with one another about what would be bad enough to count.
5.) If you have not read the employment contract between Joshua Gattis and the University of Miami that was signed in February of 2022, you do not know what conduct would or would not allow firing for cause.

Look, nothing you've written is incorrect. And you give a great 1L Contracts class answer.

But unless you think we hired a cannibal, and had to include special dietary clauses limiting what Gattis could and couldn't eat, then we did not draft some highly unique and specific contract just for Josh Gattis.

And given the industry and the workplace, I'm sure we included the same types of clauses and "for cause" reasons that we did for every other coach.

Why is it such a secret in terms of what the problem is? Meaning, it seems like there are some guys on this board who know more specifics. Or maybe they don’t? I don’t know. If so, why is it such a secret? Once it is all revealed, will it be obvious why it is being carried that way? I am just real distrustful right now. None of this is making sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back