Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Tom Cruise Hide GIF

Why is it such a secret in terms of what the problem is? Meaning, it seems like there are some guys on this board who know more specifics. Or maybe they don’t? I don’t know. If so, why is it such a secret? Once it is all revealed, will it be obvious why it is being carried that way? I am just real distrustful right now. None of this is making sense.

I think it will eventually make sense. But it's possible that the specifics are delicate and private, even if the impact is obvious.

Remember, when Weiss at Michigan was first arrested and put on administrative leave, nobody knew why. But everyone knew it was serious.

Look, nothing you've written is incorrect. And you give a great 1L Contracts class answer.

But unless you think we hired a cannibal, and had to include special dietary clauses limiting what Gattis could and couldn't eat, then we did not draft some highly unique and specific contract just for Josh Gattis.

And given the industry and the workplace, I'm sure we included the same types of clauses and "for cause" reasons that we did for every other coach.
1L Contracts still gives me nightmares lol

Advertisement
Why is it such a secret in terms of what the problem is? Meaning, it seems like there are some guys on this board who know more specifics. Or maybe they don’t? I don’t know. If so, why is it such a secret? Once it is all revealed, will it be obvious why it is being carried that way? I am just real distrustful right now. None of this is making sense.
That's fair. I can't disagree with that.

Mario set out the chopping block with the automatic timer

It’s in Gattis to move himself in time

Advertisement
My opinion we are better off woth gattis then arroyo . Please dont do this mario
No the ****, we not!!! Arroyo aint a home run, but he's a solid double. Gattis is a bunting pop up, to the catcher.

Advertisement
Advertisement
With the Barry Jackson article and now the QB recruit Moga's comments both showing that Gattis moving on is becoming openly talked about more publicly, figured it'll be time very soon to move on.

Seems it might be useful to clear up what "firing for cause" means and how it can happen.

1.) The law throughout almost the entire United States is that employment relationships can be ended at any time for any reason by either the employer or an employee unless there is a long-term contractual agreement between the parties that says otherwise.
2.) If there is a long-term contractual agreement for the employment relationship, that agreement essentially governs the entire employment relationship as if it was the law itself
3.) What allows an employer to "Fire for cause" is completely determined by the parties themselves when they draft the long term contract. The parties define for themselves in the contract what the employee's duties are and under what circumstances can the employee be fired.
4.) "Firing for cause" has no standard meaning or definition, which is why there are pages of people disagreeing with one another about what would be bad enough to count.
5.) If you have not read the employment contract between Joshua Gattis and the University of Miami that was signed in February of 2022, you do not know what conduct would or would not allow firing for cause.
Very true ... however ... "firing for cause" is generally tied to some sort of behavior that is defined as "unbecoming" whether a crime or simply some action that could damage the reputation of the university.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back