Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Honestly is our OC job even desirable? Really Rhett Lashlee is the only OC to have success here since Jedd Fisch like 10 years ago.

Josh Gattis came here as literally the broyles award winner. After one season he's probably set his career back 5 years and will be lucky to even get a Non play calling CO-OC gig.

Dan Enos came here as one of the top QB coaches in college, if he stayed at Bama he was in the running for a OC job. He came here, failed and had to take a RB coaching job at Cincinnati the following season.

James Coley came here as one of the hottest OC candidates in college football. He was FSU OC under Jimbo Fisher who was viewed as one of the top offensive minds in college football and many teams wanted him as OC. He had somewhat success early on but like the rest on this list he had to take a demotion when leaving and went to Georgia as WR coach.

You pair that with having to work for Mario Cristobal whose one of the most difficult coaches to work for in college. We all have heard the reports that Gattis wasn't Plan A,B or C and thats when Miami had some juice with TVD which they no longer have.

I'm sorry that Mario doesn't move on the timeline that your smooth little brain can accept. He isn't unlike 'the rest of college football' but choose whatever narrative you'd like to believe.

Again, Mario had big money to put together a staff and completely flubbed the OC/QB coach hirings. Running both of those guys off Trump in the Apprentice style would only compound how poor the optics are. Coaching, especially in college, is a fraternity, and there is a right way of doing things and a wrong way of doing things. You clearly aren't paid to make important decisions so I can't expect you to understand any of this.
Did Manny make the wrong decision by firing Enos year 1, almost immediately after the last game? I dont think so. With that said, I somewhat agree with you. Every situation is not the same and I am sure there are circumstances that warrant handling this situation in this way, but to act like it is right or wrong for every situation is not accurate either.

The optics also dont look good if this drags out into mid February.

Just because you can't understand the motives or rationales behind the situation does not mean that it must be a certain way. Also, you don't know why Ponce left. Maybe he wanted out, maybe he wasn't given the option to come back.

Miami has gone from a leaking sieve (under Diaz) to **** near a nuclear submarine when it comes to information getting out to the public. We used to know what time players ate their morning breakfasts to almost no information getting out.

P.S @WaterburyCane are you still maintaining and updating "the list"?

Kate Mckinnon Flirt GIF by Saturday Night Live

Advertisement
Honestly is our OC job even desirable? Really Rhett Lashlee is the only OC to have success here.

Josh Gattis came here as literally the broyles award winner. After one season he's probably set his career back 5 years and will be lucky to even get a Non play calling CO-OC gig.

Dan Enos came here as one of the top QB coaches in college, if he stayed at Bama he was in the running for a OC job. He came here, failed and had to take a RB coaching job at Cincinnati the following season.

James Coley came here as one of the hottest OC candidates in college football. He was FSU OC under Jimbo Fisher who was viewed as one of the top offensive minds in college football and many teams wanted him as OC. He had somewhat success early on but like the rest on this list he had to take a demotion when leaving and went to Georgia as WR coach.

You pair that with having to work for Mario Cristobal whose one of the most difficult coaches to work for in college. We all have heard the reports that Gattis wasn't Plan A,B or C and that when Miami had some juice with TVD which they no longer have.
We’ve been very mediocre for a long time offensively. Both on Saturdays and guys making it on sundays.

If I was an oc I see a tremendous opportunity here. It can’t be worse than last year so it should be an automatic bump in production to throw on the resume at the very least. And I also think it’s a solid group to take over personnel wise

Qb play is upper echelon whether tvd stunk last year or not. He has elite traits. Brown has massive potential for 5-10 snaps a game with clever wrinkles to keep defenses honest

Rb room is loaded with potential and solid production.

Receiver room- Meh. Nothing more to say than that

TE room- loaded with potential and solid production

O-Line: loaded with nfl prospects and returning production. Don’t know how they will gel but if they do has big time potential

Honestly is our OC job even desirable? Really Rhett Lashlee is the only OC to have success here since Jedd Fisch like 10 years ago.

You pair that with having to work for Mario Cristobal whose one of the most difficult coaches to work for in college. We all have heard the reports that Gattis wasn't Plan A,B or C and thats when Miami had some juice with TVD which they no longer have.
Def a valid question. You’re about to get spazzed on for asking it tho 😂

You are really committed to your charade because there is absolutely zero chance a sane person believes an iota of this drivel you just spewed

Yeah, coincidentally Lashlee is the only OC that actually played to our strengths.

Telling by how Michigan treated him, reports about Weiss taking a lot of control of the offense after two bad years, it may not have been Gattis' trophy to win.

I mean his offense here can barely function at a rudimentary level. I don't see how a great coordinator lets that happen given any variable honestly.

Dan Enos went away from the heavy RPO Locksley stuff and reverted to his 90's UNDER CENTER bull****...

We had a **** O-line but the man was out there with a limp play sheet calling long developing pass pays from under center... Yeah that's not on Miami.

He was never considered some great offensive mind. He was an elite recruiter, with an OC facade because Jimbo handled the offense. He failed as OC at Georgia with all the talent in the world at his disposal.

You pair that with having to work for Mario Cristobal whose one of the most difficult coaches to work for in college. We all have heard the reports that Gattis wasn't Plan A,B or C and that when Miami had some juice with TVD which they no longer have.

Other than preferring OCs that run less Air Raid elements, is there any actual evidence that Mario hamstrings his coordinators?

Advertisement
Def a valid question. You’re about to get spazzed on for asking it tho 😂
It's an invalid question because there is zero perspective. Golden didn't have the budget for a top OC and the D was horrendous. Fisch was a diamond in the rough but Coley was brought in for recruiting juice and not because he was a 'top offensive mind' like MackBammer wants you to believe. Uncle Jimbo has been carrying the guy his entire career.

Richt refused to fire his son and the Enos hire failed because the QB room had literal potatoes in it. Lashlee was the only marquee OC hire that Miami has made in nearly 20 years leading up to the Gattis hire, and a lot of Rhett's success was in part due to getting King here and then TVD salvaging what was likely going to be a doomed season in '21.

Coley's time at FSU was a mirage, he never called plays and he's failed EVERYWHERE where he has called plays.

Looking backwards isn’t fair.

Reduced money for coordinators
Crappy Admin at the top
Manny wasn’t going to attract top options by nature of him being a green HC

The landscape of Miami has changed, and being able to pay an OC $1.8mm will provide slot of options

Advertisement
bRAIN DED PORSTER HERE.

gATTIS STAYING.

No information, no examples, just my take.

Wanna be wrong, so wrong. Read every Cribby post drooling.

I think he's stayin and we aren't gonna be happy.

Will eat my **** sammich if/when we get the good news

We’ve had one OC be successful and he became an HC because of it. If I was a rising OC and saw the OL class Mario just signed, the decent stable of backs and getting a QB with TVD’s raw talents it’d be foolish not to throw your hat in the ring.

The bigger issues isn’t who wants the job. It’s who Mario wants for the job.

Advertisement
Also it Gattis is gone why can’t they just put out Miami and Gattis has decided to part ways..no firing and it’s clear we are looking for an OC..I don’t get why Mario let’s it happen the way he is..if Gattis doesn’t find a landing spot does that mean he’s back and if so we will do this all over again next offseason..that’s not a leader of an organization that’s some soft friendly ****

parting of ways while one falls off the cliff? Parting of ways happens once a destination is in place like with Ponce.

bRAIN DED PORSTER HERE.

gATTIS STAYING.

No information, no examples, just my take.

Wanna be wrong, so wrong. Read every Cribby post drooling.

I think he's stayin and we aren't gonna be happy.

Will eat my **** sammich if/when we get the good news
Ah, classic CIS hedging. The 'I'd love to be wrong brigade'. Put your nuts on the table and call your shot. The writing is and has been on the wall and plenty of folks in the know are all saying the same thing. Clearly not good enough for some and I truly apologize that this isn't moving along fast enough for you.

It's an invalid question because there is zero perspective. Golden didn't have the budget for a top OC and the D was horrendous. Fisch was a diamond in the rough but Coley was brought in for recruiting juice and not because he was a 'top offensive mind' like MackBammer wants you to believe. Uncle Jimbo has been carrying the guy his entire career.

Richt refused to fire his son and the Enos hire failed because the QB room had literal potatoes in it. Lashlee was the only marquee OC hire that Miami has made in nearly 20 years leading up to the Gattis hire, and a lot of Rhett's success was in part due to getting King here and then TVD salvaging what was likely going to be a doomed season in '21.
Asking if the OC job here is currently one of desirability is absolutely valid, for where the program currently is. When you consider last season, the overall lack of success from the program in decades, and the lack of career upgrades from previous OC’s not named Rhett, it def isn’t a silly question.

I’m not co-signing all the OC’s he mentioned and why they didn’t succeed here but I also wonder if established OC’s with proven reps want to risk it coming to Miami

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back