Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Confused Joke GIF

Hey its the Angry Video Game Nerd! Always enjoyed his reviews. Well at least this post made me smile today.

Advertisement
I think we are talking in circles but trying to say the same thing. Yes, Coach Cristobal may be waiting on an OC before firing Gattis but if that’s even the case (which we don’t truly know), then that’s the problem. 6 weeks to find a new OC with all of this money and hundreds of options out there? That’s a whole different issue in itself. If that is the case then he definitely struck out on someone, probably more than one…which just brings us right back full circle to last cycle. His process, his need to micromanage and have his hands on the offense, and many more things all makes things much more difficult for him and he needs to re evaluate. This is a make or break off season for him in terms of this hire/what he does with the offense. He better get it right or he thought this season was bad? Hah.
Agree!

Also know it won’t be Mullen because he’s been unemployed and available and he would be my choice as OC

Like you said, Mario had 1.5 month head start on Dabo and look how that’s turned out.

It’s flat out crazy. I sure hope it’s not some NFL guy in the playoffs. We will be waiting a long time especially if it would be the Eagles QB coach (which I don’t ever see that happening).

The frustrating wait continues.

Advertisement
Idk it's pretty simple, hopefully we get a new OC and WR coach. But if Gattis returns, I really hope the issue was injuries and just lack of OLine talent. If we can stay healthy, this OLine looks like it is going to be far superior than the unit last year. I definitely won't be hoping we suck just so Gattis will be fired. I hope if he stays it turns out he is a great OC but was just dealt a **** hand yr1.... Though even if that is the case, the poor WR recruiting is inexcusable still..

Advertisement
Idk it's pretty simple, hopefully we get a new OC and WR coach. But if Gattis returns, I really hope the issue was injuries and just lack of OLine talent. If we can stay healthy, this OLine looks like it is going to be far superior than the unit last year. I definitely won't be hoping we suck just so Gattis will be fired. I hope if he stays it turns out he is a great OC but was just dealt a **** hand yr1.... Though even if that is the case, the poor WR recruiting is inexcusable still.
he wasn't good at Michigan

I’m sorry I think this just leads me to believe he’s leaving more. Like stay away from this recruit so you don’t **** it up. If you’re OC + Wr coach is staying, how are you gonna let him out on the road the day your #1 WR portal target comes into town. Don’t you think that kid would want to talk to the OC/Wr coach? **** makes no sense
unless he’s on the road actually interviewing

Advertisement
Advertisement
The timeline is already a disaster, no changing that. Even if beyond all reason Mario believed the failures were not Gattis fault, there comes a time where overwhelming negative sentiment make it impossible for even a competent person to succeed and the only option is going separate ways. We are past that point. If Mario cant see that #1 he had the wrong OC and #2 the situation is no longer tenable regardless, then he is not qualified to lead. Period

Still holding out hope that the only disaster is the timeline but man.... its getting very uneasy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back