Josh Gattis (before its deleted)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
You are 100% inaccurate. It it NOT what Gattis did at Michigan. Gattis sucked horribly at Michigan in 2020. Harbaugh recognized his weaknesses ... and immediately promoted a TE coach to Co / OC with responsibility for GAME PLANNING and also added another offensive staffer to HELP GATTIS, and Harbaugh also had offensive play calling input for the 2021 season. GATTIS COULD NOT DO IT BY HIMSELF ... he lacks the requisite knowledge and the ability to manage the pulse of the game. 2021 at Michigan was MUCH BETTER ... not because Gattis adjusted and improved ... but because Harbaugh took drastic corrective action and took responsibilities AWAY from Gattis. He failed at Miami in 2022 because he IS NOT a good or even decent OC. It will be more of the same, regardless of the roster, HE will underperform and the team will underperform vs what could be attained with a HIGHER QUALITY OC. Mario owes it to himself, to the UM program, to upgrade staff just as he has upgraded roster. To fail to do so would be a major cop out.
Correct. Hindsight is 20/20. It wasn't entirely clear how much of Michigan's offensive success could be attributed to Gattis instead of Harbaugh/Moore. But the answer to that question is plain as day now: Gattis had nothing to do with Michigan's offensive succcess.

Michigan's offense was better this year without him.
Our offense regressed into the stone ages.

I want a brand new OC. One that is unmistakably responsible for impressive offensive outputs.

If we don't make any moves, we'll suck. But we should at least give Ponce a try. He can't be worse than Gattis.

Advertisement
Even my guy Bender, who is usually more optimistic than others, sees how damaging and disastrous it would be to retain Gattis.
I said I can foresee the season that we will have based on the OC we will have.

If Gattis is the guy, Mario might actually be the first HC since Carl Selmer to have both of his first seasons with records below .500

You are 100% inaccurate. It it NOT what Gattis did at Michigan. Gattis sucked horribly at Michigan in 2020. Harbaugh recognized his weaknesses ... and immediately promoted a TE coach to Co / OC with responsibility for GAME PLANNING and also added another offensive staffer to HELP GATTIS, and Harbaugh also had offensive play calling input for the 2021 season. GATTIS COULD NOT DO IT BY HIMSELF ... he lacks the requisite knowledge and the ability to manage the pulse of the game. 2021 at Michigan was MUCH BETTER ... not because Gattis adjusted and improved ... but because Harbaugh took drastic corrective action and took responsibilities AWAY from Gattis. He failed at Miami in 2022 because he IS NOT a good or even decent OC. It will be more of the same, regardless of the roster, HE will underperform and the team will underperform vs what could be attained with a HIGHER QUALITY OC. Mario owes it to himself, to the UM program, to upgrade staff just as he has upgraded roster. To fail to do so would be a major cop out.
Wasn't Michigan planning on retaining Gattis as OC and we're even considering making him HC if Harbaugh went to the NFL?

Don't blame you, hopefully he will turn things around if he does.
Mack ... the guys that stated a month ago that Gattis is done have NOT changed their positions. Mario has his way of doing things. My expectation based on the earlier statements that he is "gone" is that sometime between now and immediately after he NC game ... announcements will be made.

Advertisement
Wasn't Michigan planning on retaining Gattis as OC and we're even considering making him HC if Harbaugh went to the NFL?
Some people were saying that but being in Metro Detroit, but those were casual fans who didnt know anything past the surface level, the die hard Michigan fans I knew weren't all that impressed. I originally took it as sour grapes, cause the guy was just named assistant of the year and Michigan made the playoff. They didnt hate Gattis but he wasnt this all important piece. It was Harbuaghs show. Now whether or not they would have hired Gattis, who knows, Michigan has done some goofy hiring throughout their history.

NO SIR. That is when the **** hit the fan. Harbaugh left to interview with the Vikings (he thought it was just a detail), and Michigan thought he was gone ... taking the Vikings job. The Michigan administration put together their list ON THAT DATE of who they felt were viable candidates ... and Gattis was not on the list. The list leaked to the staff and Gattis was ****ed. He even tweeted his players "would you remain in a place where you were not wanted". The "relationship" was fractured. Then Harbaugh found out his interview with the Vikings WAS IN FACT an interview. The job wasn't his to take or leave ... and he didn't do well in the interview and returned to Michigan ... where the damage had been done regarding Gattis.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I do think Gattis is gone; however, this is last year all over again. We waited months for Mario to make a decision. In hindsight, that decision ended up being horrible.

He better get this right, and fast, or we are screwed.
My biggest concerns with Mario so far are rooted in his not adapting to where things fell short last year. Specifically, your point and not attacking the portal. I am waiting until all is said and done but there are some major warning lights flashing.

So many screenshots of the pu$$ies in here, I love it

Comedy Central Lol GIF by Awkwafina is Nora from Queens

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back