Jordan Travis

WestEndZone

Retired staff
Premium
Do we have any indication on whether he is playing? I don’t think they have a chance if their one legged QB starts.

Why is he out? The Flu? He sat out last week and I can’t see anyone sitting out two weeks because of an illness.

The uncertainty on FSU’s side is just gamesmanship, no?

Advertisement
Pretty sure it was the flu. Doesn't matter, we got this.

km_20211109_1080p_1.gif

He was back at practice yesterday. Not 100% yet but assuming he'll be fine by Saturday

Advertisement
We're more than likely going to see both Qb's Saturday. They're probably going to try and use Travis to spread us out with his legs and bring in Milton to carve us up underneath to keep Manny guessing. Should be a high scoring game the Canes SHOULD win.

He will play Sat. Bet your life on it.

The guy is terrible but really elusive as a runner. The best plays he has ever made have been when he appears to be sacked for big losses and makes someone miss. Once the pass rush is upfield of him he is very dangerous in space. We need to spy him and it can’t be Cory Flagg (too slow).

Advertisement
He will play Sat. Bet your life on it.

The guy is terrible but really elusive as a runner. The best plays he has ever made have been when he appears to be sacked for big losses and makes someone miss. Once the pass rush is upfield of him he is very dangerous in space. We need to spy him and it can’t be Cory Flagg (too slow).
Don’t know if I have ever watched a qb play backyard football the way he does when the pocket collapses. He’s an athletic freak. I don’t think it’s sustainable for all 4 quarters but I believe he shreds this defense and puts up points by himself. We can’t turn the ball over against them and we can’t allow big special team plays

Don’t know if I have ever watched a qb play backyard football the way he does when the pocket collapses. He’s an athletic freak. I don’t think it’s sustainable for all 4 quarters but I believe he shreds this defense and puts up points by himself. We can’t turn the ball over against them and we can’t allow big special team plays

Ever? LOL, stop it. He's a very good athlete, but come on.

Advertisement
I’ve watched just about all of their games this year and backyard football is the perfect description. Any chunk play they get comes off of Travis creating space and either running or heaving a ball 30 yards down field after the DB gives up on the coverage.

To be clear Travis is a really bad QB. If it’s 4th and 9 and the game is on the line he might be the worst qb in the power 5 making that throw. But I think he is perhaps the most elusive qb in space in all of power 5 perhaps all of college football.

The key to beating him is to put hits on him. He gets dinged every time he gets hit and has been hurt a lot in the last two years. Make him pay for running the ball.

Ever? LOL, stop it. He's a very good athlete, but come on.
He is as athletic as Lamar Jackson when the pocket collapses. Please name another quarter back outside of Vick and Jackson who are that athletic? If there has been some I apologize but when I watch Travis I see a dude with legit 4.4 speed and legit make people miss ability in space. Starting Qbs aren’t built like that very often

Last edited:
Advertisement
He is as athletic as Lamar Jackson when the pocket collapses. Please name another quarter back outside of Vick and Jackson who are that athletic? If there has been some I apologize but when I watch Travis I see a dude with legit 4.4 speed and legit make people miss ability. Qbs aren’t built like that very often

Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Johnny Manziel
Vince Young

I could go on for an hour. Travis is good at making something out of nothing, for sure. But dude, the best QB you've EVER seen to make plays when the pocket collapses??? EVER!?!?! The best QB in the history of the sport at creating plays doesn't lose a QB competition to a kid with one leg.

We make less athletic QBs look like Heisman candidates. I am hoping that we have someone at striker that can at least run with him and use the athletic safeties to move coverage up to cover for the striker. I think that we need all 3 LBs working him as we won’t do well with coverage sacks. This is really a make or break game for Manny.

Any snap Milton takes away from Travis is a huge W for us. Travis has a rare ability to move in the open field and escape pressure. Not to mention he is without a doubt faster than everyone on our D. We keep him in the pocket and we very likely will win

Kyler Murray
Jalen Hurts
Johnny Manziel
Vince Young

I could go on for an hour. Travis is good at making something out of nothing, for sure. But dude, the best QB you've EVER seen to make plays when the pocket collapses??? EVER!?!?! The best QB in the history of the sport at creating plays doesn't lose a QB competition to a kid with one leg.
Solid list. I’ve watched every game of the noles like most on here. He has made some jaw dropping plays in and out of the pocket. Out of that entire list I believe he is the most athletic minus Murray, but Murray’s size brings liabilities.

Bottom line. If manny doesn’t scheme a way to keep him contained and we don’t tackle we’re in trouble

Advertisement
Back