Jordan Travis

Advertisement
Yeah, he had the Flu, it's running all through FSU with a ton of kids being sick. Who knows when he caught it/felt the effects. Anyone whos had it bad knows you feel pretty crappy for days. We also know 20 players had it last weekend so it's a pretty contagious strand, wonder if it will hit their other players this week.

Last edited:
If any Canes fanatic that ***** Diaz will scheme and make the right defensive calls against this type of offense then you're better not watching the game. Don't do it to yourself.

I would have 0 play spy on him and hit him every chance he gets.....................our freak will kill their freak.

Advertisement
You lost me here. Milton is completing 58% of his passes. He is incredibly INACCURATE on half a leg.
Wait till he throws against us (if he throws against us). In the games I've watched him, he can throw the ball inside the hashes just fine. Our holes have been enormous in there.

One of the 3 safeties are gonna make a draft day highlight worthy hit on him in the 2nd level this weekend.

Why do y’all keep up bringing last year? This defense is significantly worse than last year. And the position that has won us the game the last 2 seasons (DE) is significantly worse this year as well.

Sitting here and bringing up last year or year before is not accurate. Also I want to note that Travis was moving the ball with his legs last year prior to the interception and him getting nicked up.

What a ridiculous series of posts lol

"During his limited time he was doing well until he did the worst thing a QB could do" lol got it, great. The guy is elite because only one of his small number of plays was catastrophic.

Travis is a very good runner but there have been many guys in college football who are just as good. Adding to the other poster's list...DKing (the kid returned a KO for a TD as a freshmen). Tyrod Taylor. Denard Robinson. RG3. A number of Oregon QBs before the Taggart era. A couple of Auburn QBs earlier this decade. ****, the QB we just faced is about as good a runner as Travis.

Not knocking Travis - he's clearly a good runner - but if he were as talented a runner as you say, FSU would be a much better team.

Advertisement
What a ridiculous series of posts lol

"During his limited time he was doing well until he did the worst thing a QB could do" lol got it, great. The guy is elite because only one of his small number of plays was catastrophic.

Travis is a very good runner but there have been many guys in college football who are just as good. Adding to the other poster's list...DKing (the kid returned a KO for a TD as a freshmen). Tyrod Taylor. Denard Robinson. RG3. A number of Oregon QBs before the Taggart era. A couple of Auburn QBs earlier this decade. ****, the QB we just faced is about as good a runner as Travis.

Not knocking Travis - he's clearly a good runner - but if he were as talented a runner as you say, FSU would be a much better team.
LOL at comparing King to Travis athletically 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
So Dan Mullen is one the best coaches in CFB…and Travis is a mix of Vick/Lamar Jackson…maybe even better than Charlie Ward? Loooool

Advertisement
He will play Sat. Bet your life on it.

The guy is terrible but really elusive as a runner. The best plays he has ever made have been when he appears to be sacked for big losses and makes someone miss. Once the pass rush is upfield of him he is very dangerous in space. We need to spy him and it can’t be Cory Flagg (too slow).
Our atrocious tackling is the only concern I have

Everything you said is spot on

Copy the Clemson game plan. Travis rushed for negative yards. Shut down the running game and FSU is toast.
You mean don’t let the GT running back keep his legs moving in the pile to eventually emerge and score a TD? We are terrible at this part of the game. Agree, why reinvent the wheel. But we do not have the same pieces as Clemson. Some of ours may be superior in some places and are definitely negative in others. We need to see how we need to matchup accordingly and game plan.

Any Travis success will be based on our weaknesses.
This is what I’m not understanding with people discrediting this. We’ve had back to back years with first round DE’s. Not only do we not have an elite D end, but now we have a starting Mike that is putrid athletically. And that isn’t even discussing our tackling woes from the entire D.

I’m not sitting here saying the guy can throw worth a **** but he has improved his accuracy this year. Especially with the amount of crossing routes they run... and guess what absolutely destroys Diaz’s defense... crossing routes. The defense is going to need to play a complete game for the first time all year

Advertisement
You never take your opponent lightly and always prepare for legitimate competition. That said, the idea Jordan Travis is some sort of all-time, elite running QB is unfounded and unsupportable. Dude has three career games with over 100 yards rushing. And regardless, he has two career games throwing over 200 yards (last season... career high 210).

Is he an athletic QB? Absolutely. Will he scramble around and make something out of nothing a few times in the game? Yes, without a doubt. Will he also make several boneheaded plays and potentially turn the ball over? Yes, without a doubt. Is he even an average passer? No. Is he more likely than the average QB to get dinged up and knocked out of a game due to taking hits? Yes, because he's light and plays reckless football.

I hate watch a lot of Forfeit State football, and I see a one-dimensional running QB who is at his best when he is improvising outside the pocket, but is a danger to himself and his team when he inevitably tries to force the football (despite lack of legit arm strength) and/or relies too much on his athleticism in bad situations (doing things like turning his back to the defense and running sideline to sideline or away from the LOS).

You never take your opponent lightly and always prepare for legitimate competition. That said, the idea Jordan Travis is some sort of all-time, elite running QB is unfounded and unsupportable. Dude has three career games with over 100 yards rushing. And regardless, he has two career games throwing over 200 yards (last season... career high 210).

Is he an athletic QB? Absolutely. Will he scramble around and make something out of nothing a few times in the game? Yes, without a doubt. Will he also make several boneheaded plays and potentially turn the ball over? Yes, without a doubt. Is he even an average passer? No. Is he more likely than the average QB to get dinged up and knocked out of a game due to taking hits? Yes, because he's light and plays reckless football.

I hate watch a lot of Forfeit State football, and I see a one-dimensional running QB who is at his best when he is improvising outside the pocket, but is a danger to himself and his team when he inevitably tries to force the football (despite lack of legit arm strength) and/or relies too much on his athleticism in bad situations (doing things like turning his back to the defense and running sideline to sideline or away from the LOS).
Well Done Clapping GIF by MOODMAN

This is what I’m not understanding with people discrediting this. We’ve had back to back years with first round DE’s. Not only do we not have an elite D end, but now we have a starting Mike that is putrid athletically. And that isn’t even discussing our tackling woes from the entire D.

I’m not sitting here saying the guy can throw worth a **** but he has improved his accuracy this year. Especially with the amount of crossing routes they run... and guess what absolutely destroys Diaz’s defense... crossing routes. The defense is going to need to play a complete game for the first time all year

You have a fair point with the DEs. Significant drop off there.
But we were putrid athletically at Mike last year with Jennings starting against Forfeit State. And the idea that 2021 Flagg/Smith/Steed (who seems healthier and improved this season) is any worse than 2020 Jennings/McCloud/Steed/Ragone/Flagg seems misplaced.

Diarrhea doesn't usually last 10 days. He'll play, and there will be plays when he makes our LBs look ridiculous and you'll throw your TV out of the window. But, so did Chris Rix. You know what Rix also did? Make dumb plays. So will Travis.

Advertisement
Back