Jordan Travis

We make less athletic QBs look like Heisman candidates. I am hoping that we have someone at striker that can at least run with him and use the athletic safeties to move coverage up to cover for the striker. I think that we need all 3 LBs working him as we won’t do well with coverage sacks. This is really a make or break game for Manny.
I think avantae might be the perfect guy to play the spy role and just man up on Travis every play. I believe his poor passing ability would allow us to play a lot of single high safety and their pedestrian WR group doesn’t scare me too much if there are a lot of one on ones on the outside.

Advertisement
A poster in another thread brought up the "running QB" myth and I agreed. When is the last time our D in the last few years let a QB just run rampant on us? I dont think thats an issue with a Manny Diaz defense. (even though his defense has ALOT of issues, that aint one of them)

We played Travis last year with virtually the same LB corp and had no issue with him running. In fact, we almost killed the kid. Not sure why this "we need to be worried about him running on us" narrative is being created.

Lol y'all making this kid out to be Mike Vike or Lamar Jackson. Very good athlete but remember just last year he couldn't out run Nesta in the backfield and limped off the field to never return. He will make some plays with his legs no doubt but y'all need to calm down.
Why do y’all keep up bringing last year? This defense is significantly worse than last year. And the position that has won us the game the last 2 seasons (DE) is significantly worse this year as well.

Sitting here and bringing up last year or year before is not accurate. Also I want to note that Travis was moving the ball with his legs last year prior to the interception and him getting nicked up.

Last edited:
A poster in another thread brought up the "running QB" myth and I agreed. When is the last time our D in the last few years let a QB just run rampant on us? I dont think thats an issue with a Manny Diaz defense. (even though his defense has ALOT of issues, that aint one of them)

We played Travis last year with virtually the same LB corp and had no issue with him running. In fact, we almost killed the kid. Not sure why this "we need to be worried about him running on us" narrative is being created.
We just need to make the plays when they are there. Can’t keep missing sacks. Need Willams and Stevenson to be able to go.

Advertisement
Why do y’all keep up bringing last year? This defense is significantly worse than last year. And the position that has won us the game the last 2 seasons (DE) is significantly worse this year as well.

Sitting here and bringing up last year or year before is not accurate. Also I want to note that Travis was moving the ball with his legs last year prior to the interception and him getting knicked up.
There's the rub.

Sitting here and bringing up last year or year before is not accurate. Also I want to note that Travis was moving the ball with his legs last year prior to the interception and him getting nicked up.
Its the same LB corp though. Which is what people are saying will be an issue vs Travis. So why the worry all of a sudden this year? Did Travis make this quantum leap from last year to this year? From what I have seen so far of him, I am not seeing anything to lose sleep over especially if hes not 100%.

Now if you want to bring up their running game against our run defense, then fine. That is a valid point. That could be an advantage for them as our run defense has definitely taken a step back from last year and they have 2 solid RBs. But a running QB? LOL. Nah fam, gotta come with something better than that to spook me regarding this game.

Howell just a few weeks ago. That being said, I'm not worried about Travis if the D will actually wrap up when they tackle.. not just try to shoulder bump him to the end zone.

Advertisement
Solid list. I’ve watched every game of the noles like most on here. He has made some jaw dropping plays in and out of the pocket. Out of that entire list I believe he is the most athletic minus Murray, but Murray’s size brings liabilities.

Bottom line. If manny doesn’t scheme a way to keep him contained and we don’t tackle we’re in trouble

Wait, we are relying on Manny to scheme something to shut him down?!!? My new prediction..........FSU 16,432 Miami 45

So what’s the real story on who’s wife Manny ****ed? Because you are all gargling a lot of FSU balls because you hate him so much.

If we let Travis loose all day he’s going to be a nuisance to deal with and anything can happen in this game, but place is more pro FSU and UF than it should be this week…

Last edited:
Advertisement
Howell just a few weeks ago. That being said, I'm not worried about Travis if the D will actually wrap up when they tackle.. not just try to shoulder bump him to the end zone.
Fair rebuttal. Howell did give us fits. I guess I was speaking to a QB whos #1 aim is to run on us. Also, if Travis could throw as well as Howell, then I absolutely would be concerned.

Fair rebuttal. Howell did give us fits. I guess I was speaking to a QB whos #1 aim is to run on us. Also, if Travis could throw as well as Howell, then I absolutely would be concerned.
For the most part we seem to have an answer for running qb's.. you were right for sure. But that ******* Howell pin ball **** is still ****ing me off weeks later. Manny should just follow Clemson's defensive game plan against us and see if Travis can use his arm to beat us. I don't think he can keep up with TVD in those regards and Miami should outscore them bigtime.

Completely agree. He absolutely sucked against us last year.

Advertisement
Think some of you are underestimating what Milton can do to us inside the hashes. Since we don't really play much defense in there, and he's accurate, their crosses, slants and in-breaking routes should be there for good percentages.

I don't expect Milton to play a single snap. Any snap he takes with Travis out of the game is a win for us.

Think some of you are underestimating what Milton can do to us inside the hashes. Since we don't really play much defense in there, and he's accurate, their crosses, slants and in-breaking routes should be there for good percentages.
You lost me here. Milton is completing 58% of his passes. He is incredibly INACCURATE on half a leg.

James Williams might want to wrap him up instead of employing his usual shoulder bump routine.

Advertisement
Back