Jordan Scarlett update:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Annnnnnd that's the type of childish **** I'm talking about.

I'm debating with little kids. SMH @ me.

Advertisement
Douchenozzle. SMH

Who, above the age of 14, calls people **** like that? LOL

Oh and from someone completely outside the argument, Wildcat, you seemed butthurt. And The kid is a great athlete, but the highlights didn't blow me away. Plus it wasn't against the greatest competition..

Lmao @ that not being a good highlight tape.

Yeah, everybody's highlights tapes are ****in 10+ minutes long with big plays from the WR, RB and KR position. Lmao

Wow. SMH

As someone who hates AL Golden I would have to say that the kid doesn't look that impressive I can see why they passed him up

Then you're clueless as **** and you wouldn't know talent if it punched you in the face. I can only hope your post was sarcasm.

LoL look my dude I got no beef with you, but you need to step back a min and take off your homerism cuz you coached the kid. He just isn't that good and the fact that its fairly easy for most people to see that from his HIGHLIGHT video should tell you something. Anyone can look good in a highlight video NO REAL COACH will EVER evaluate a kid because of a highlight video they use real game footage. I'm really really good friends with someone on the staff we're having a cookout soon and I'm gonna ask about this kid and I'll bet you ANYTHING they say saw some game tapes and where not impressed . They pay people to go record games for them so they can watch them later I know that for a fact.

Actually, just about every coach that comes through here watches the kid's HIGHLIGHTS. They wanna know what a kid's CAPABLE of doing and apparently highlight tapes are enough for them to evaluate that.

LOL @ not that good. 1900 yards combined with his measurables = not that good. And who exactly can see that he's not good from his tape? People on here? Please. Majority of people on here know absolutely nothing and they base their opinion on prospects according to whether Miami is recruiting them or not.

People that know alot more about football than us thought that kid was pretty **** good. That same tape I posted on here jumped off the screen for them so what a bunch of couch potatoes on a message board think is irrelevant.

I honestly don't believe you're a coach because you seem to have no clue. No good coach is ever going to recruit off of highlight tapes. If the kid was so good and had such an amazing highlight video that coaches use to recruit(which they dont) why didn't any of the other Fla schools offer or any real football power schools offer him?

Advertisement
Douchenozzle. SMH

Who, above the age of 14, calls people **** like that? LOL

i didn't call you a douchenozzle, i called you a flaming douchenozzle. i know it's difficult to decipher once you've gone full ******* ******, but please try to keep up.

So he is saying the 2-10 2011 Mississippi team would kick our ***. Good argument.

Didn't realize that this was CityBoy, explains a lot.

Let's keep talking about Miss and ignore K-State, UCLA and Vandy.

Come on man, Are we suppose to be really impressed with the offer list? Vandy is Vandy although better as of late. UCLA fired their coach after 2011 because of a 8 loss year.

None of the Florida schools, none of the elite in the SEC are on it and those are the schools in his area. You think they just skipped him over or you think they watched the tape and passed? Did the kid even have an offer from USF or UCF?

So he is saying the 2-10 2011 Mississippi team would kick our ***. Good argument.

Other then UCLA sometimes none of those other schools would be considered football powers. WTh are you talking about?

WTH are YOU talking about?! Who the **** cares if they're "football powers"? When's the last time Miami was a football power?

I'm sorry. I didn't know Miami was in the position to shun players who have offers from teams like K-State.

Whether they're powers or not doesn't matter. Some of their programs were better than ours at the time.

We've offered plenty of kids with similar offer lists over the years.

Advertisement

Come on man, Are we suppose to be really impressed with the offer list? Vandy is Vandy although better as of late. UCLA fired their coach after 2011 because of a 8 loss year.

None of the Florida schools, none of the elite in the SEC are on it and those are the schools in his area. You think they just skipped him over or you think they watched the tape and passed? Did the kid even have an offer from USF or UCF?

1. We've offered kids with similar offer lists.
2. If you wanna play that game...What about the QB I had who was offered by Florida yet Miami didn't even inquire about him? Let me guess, that UF offer holds no weight cause [insert reason].

As someone who hates AL Golden I would have to say that the kid doesn't look that impressive I can see why they passed him up

Then you're clueless as **** and you wouldn't know talent if it punched you in the face. I can only hope your post was sarcasm.

LoL look my dude I got no beef with you, but you need to step back a min and take off your homerism cuz you coached the kid. He just isn't that good and the fact that its fairly easy for most people to see that from his HIGHLIGHT video should tell you something. Anyone can look good in a highlight video NO REAL COACH will EVER evaluate a kid because of a highlight video they use real game footage. I'm really really good friends with someone on the staff we're having a cookout soon and I'm gonna ask about this kid and I'll bet you ANYTHING they say saw some game tapes and where not impressed . They pay people to go record games for them so they can watch them later I know that for a fact.

Actually, just about every coach that comes through here watches the kid's HIGHLIGHTS. They wanna know what a kid's CAPABLE of doing and apparently highlight tapes are enough for them to evaluate that.

LOL @ not that good. 1900 yards combined with his measurables = not that good. And who exactly can see that he's not good from his tape? People on here? Please. Majority of people on here know absolutely nothing and they base their opinion on prospects according to whether Miami is recruiting them or not.

People that know alot more about football than us thought that kid was pretty **** good. That same tape I posted on here jumped off the screen for them so what a bunch of couch potatoes on a message board think is irrelevant.

I honestly don't believe you're a coach because you seem to have no clue. No good coach is ever going to recruit off of highlight tapes. If the kid was so good and had such an amazing highlight video that coaches use to recruit(which they dont) why didn't any of the other Fla schools offer or any real football power schools offer him?

Unless you're a coach, how in the **** can you tell ME what the **** goes on?

You can believe all that "we evaluate game film" nonsense if you want to. I've seen it a million times. These coaches come in here and the first thing they watch is his highlight tape.

You really have no idea. You think these guys have time to sit at our school and watch a whole god **** game? They watch his highlights. They meet him. They watch him practice. They offer.

I'm watching it go on literally every day with the CB I currently have.

Advertisement
this dude really mad we didn't look at the 5th string DB at UCLA?? c'mon son

Yall are like women. Yall just love to open your mouth any chance you get. I already said that's not what I'm concerned about. SMH

You are the **** who brought this up. This began bc of your BS.

Move on coach.

What kinda lame duck calls another man a ****? LOL

Dude, I gave yall a local coach's perspective of Miami's recruiting and used one of my kids as an example. (actually a couple of my kids)

That's all I did. The Golden cheerleading squad didn't like it so they jumped down my throat. (that includes you)

I called you one because you are acting like a jealous hurt girl.

Instead of being a good coach and getting your kid recognition, you complain on a message board. Why didn't you call Jon Felicano for help? Don't you know how to contact him/his parents? I am sure he could have got the kid some recognition (even though the staff likely knows about him) or some face time.

Nobody is backing Golden, you just sound like an illogical **** and not a coach.

Just cause a big time school offers doesn't mean that player fits in the type of team another school/coach is trying to put together. UF may have needs that Miami doesn't and vice versa. Each coach and team have an idea various measurables they are looking for. Every program is different and that's football 101. I don't know if that kid is good I don't know **** about recruiting or what you should look for in a player. What I do know is that people have tried to tell you in many ways, some kind some not that there may be legitimate reasons as to why Miami did not offer your kid or any other kid that they've missed out on yet you've dismissed all of them yet complain that no one is listening to what you are saying.

And in terms of them visiting your school, the honest truth is college football like everything else in life is about "what have you done for me lately." If you don't have a player the staff feels is worth their time they will not visit as there are other programs they need to focus on. I see nothing wrong with that. It's life and its how it works in every industry. Are golden and staff perfect when it comes to recruiting? Absolutely not. Did they miss on your kid? Maybe maybe not. When his four years are up we will know. But your point has been made and at this point you are beating a dead horse. Better to just move on

Last edited:

You can believe all that "we evaluate game film" nonsense if you want to. I've seen it a million times. These coaches come in here and the first thing they watch is his highlight tape.

You really have no idea. You think these guys have time to sit at our school and watch a whole god **** game? They watch his highlights. They meet him. They watch him practice. They offer.

I don't usually put my personal stuff out there because I don't need the internet fame but I am a former player and coach, I was even in the NFL for a year. I'm 100% sure I know more about football then you ever will. No coach is going to watch a highlight tape on the internet and just offer a kid. They don't do all of the evaluating just at the school when they go to look at a kid by that time they've already seen game footage of the kid so of course they don't mind looking at a highlight video at the SCHOOL but that's not all they are going to use to evaluate him it will be last on the list of things. Also there are limits on how often coaches and call or visit a school there is no reason to do either if that school doesn't have any players of interest

Advertisement

I don't usually put my personal stuff out there because I don't need the internet fame but I am a former player and coach, I was even in the NFL for a year. I'm 100% sure I know more about football then you ever will. No coach is going to watch a highlight tape on the internet and just offer a kid. They don't do all of the evaluating just at the school when they go to look at a kid by that time they've already seen game footage of the kid so of course they don't mind looking at a highlight video at the SCHOOL but that's not all they are going to use to evaluate him it will be last on the list of things. Also there are limits on how often coaches and call or visit a school there is no reason to do either if that school doesn't have any players of interest

You couldn't be further from the truth. That's not how the process goes at all.

And just cause you played in the NFL (supposedly) doesn't mean you know anything. Former NFL guys are some of the worst coaches I've ever met.

You couldn't be further from the truth. That's not how the process goes at all.

And just cause you played in the NFL (supposedly) doesn't mean you know anything. Former NFL guys are some of the worst coaches I've ever met.

LoL I have coached for 13 years at a a few different major colleges I know fully how it works. Are you trolling or just stupid? AGAIN THERE ARE LIMITS TO HOW OFTEN COACHES CAN VISIT A SCHOOL OR CALL A PLAYER WHY WOULD THEY DO EITHER IF THAT SCHOOL HAS NO ONE THEY WANT. You clearly are new to coaching and have only coached in the high school ranks.

Just cause a big time school offers doesn't mean that player fits in the type of team another school/coach is trying to put together. UF may have needs that Miami doesn't and vice versa. Each coach and team have an idea various measurables they are looking for. Every program is different and that's football 101. I don't know if that kid is good I don't know **** about recruiting or what you should look for in a player. What I do know is that people have tried to tell you in many ways, some kind some not that there may be legitimate reasons as to why Miami did not offer your kid or any other kid that they've missed out on yet you've dismissed all of them yet complain that no one is listening to what you are saying.

And in terms of them visiting your school, the honest truth is college football like everything else in life is about "what have you done for me lately." If you don't have a player the staff feels is worth their time they will not visit as there are other programs they need to focus on. I see nothing wrong with that. It's life and its how it works in every industry. Are golden and staff perfect when it comes to recruiting? Absolutely not. Did they miss on your kid? Maybe maybe not. When his four years are up we will know. But your point has been made and at this point you are beating a dead horse. Better to just move on

I respect this response. Thanks for being mature about it.

The reason why I keep repeating myself and saying that people aren't listening is because people are ignoring the fact that I said the kid wasn't even inquired about. As far as I know they saw zero film on the kid.

Now, just to play devil's advocate for Miami, maybe they knew about him but saw that he was 6'0" 185lbs and felt that he didn't fit what they wanted at RB. To that, I say this: Many of the other schools came here with intensions of offering him whether he could play RB at their school or not because he was such an outstanding athlete. They were gonna find him a spot. UCLA feels that he can be a future NFL CB so they moved him.

Let's forget about him for a minute and talk about our QB with the UF offer. Now, you know there's a QB in your backyard with a UF offer and you don't even inquire about him? Instead you tell you tell your starting Offensive Guard "Hey go find out about that QB at your old high school."

That's thorough recruiting? That's something a great recruiting staff does? They fly across the country and offer a kid who was a back-up on varsity but they don't even talk to a QB in their backyard with a UF offer? Maybe they saw his film and felt he wasn't good enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back