Jordan Miller in Uniform

Advertisement
Wow...that's ruthless..a week? How bout we angle a more direct route..I say we starve him for 12 hrs, and tell him there's fried gator tail nuggets in their quarterbacks helmet!!
You can put me on the field in that case lol, those nuggets are delicious 😂

During the last couple of weeks of spring practice, wasn't Bethel starting over Ford at NT?
Yes, I’m confident in bethel too, rewatched the FSU game 2 days ago and he had a few plays and pressures in the backfield vs them too

Yes, I’m confident in bethel too, rewatched the FSU game 2 days ago and he had a few plays and pressures in the backfield vs them too
Ford started regressing at the tail end of the spring and Bethel took advantage of it. With that being said, Miller is not just going to be a big body for depth purposes, he is going to be a freaking monster once he gets in D1 shape.

Advertisement
Hope so, wasn't impressed with Bethel last year.
Some players just take a little longer to hit their stride. Some players respond and benefit from a different type of coaching style as well, and clearly Simpson is getting more out of Bethel than Kul was able to get out of him. Bethel showed flashes in some games but never seemed to put it all together until this spring. The coaches were raving about him during the last few weeks of spring.

Just think, prior to spring last year, no one was talking about Michael Jackson, but now he is projected to be picked in the first 3 rounds of next years draft.

Again, I agree that the kid may be able to play but there is way more to playing DT in college than just strength. Technique and playing low is huge for interior lineman otherwise we should just be grabbing power lifters.

Exhibit A - Tyler Grimsley

To many people read in to the weight lifting numbers. I went to high school with Nick Sardoni (current record holder for the FHSAA heavyweight bench press and 2nd highest FHSAA bench press of all time). Ive seen that man hit a 540lb bench press and 600lb squat with my own eyes and he couldnt play defensive line to save his ***.

Exactly.

You only have to look at the draft every year (or team rosters in the NFL) to see players from just about every school in the country.

I even saw a player from that famous institution Incarnate Word.

There will always be undiscovered players - just not quite as many as a couple decades ago, but still plenty.

It would be great if Miller were to fit in that category.

It'll be interesting to see what his playing weight will be.

He just has a huge build - like Wilfork - sort of. Might be able to play at 330+ like Wilfork did.

**** close to as many as a couple decades ago. This rating of recruits is not an exact science, and while it's improved a bit, lots of kids are completely missed. There are way too many players across the country for any recruiting "expert" to really make a precise judgement. It's not like BB where when you see a Shaq, Kobe, or Lebron, it's patently obvious they're going to be studs.

Sure, if I had my choice, I'd love to get a class chock full of five stars. But that's not likely to happen. And you don't necessarily need it to happen to play for NCs.

Advertisement
To many people read in to the weight lifting numbers. I went to high school with Nick Sardoni (current record holder for the FHSAA heavyweight bench press and 2nd highest FHSAA bench press of all time). Ive seen that man hit a 540lb bench press and 600lb squat with my own eyes and he couldnt play defensive line to save his ***.
Does Sardoni's film ever look like Miller's film.. comparing apples to mangoes

Advertisement
Back