Jordan Miller in Uniform

Advertisement

Attachments

• 87FA964B-D039-4DA9-97CC-8195416EF773.jpeg
    87FA964B-D039-4DA9-97CC-8195416EF773.jpeg
    546.7 KB · Views: 253
Miller’s success will come down to whether he has that dog in him. If he can develop a relentless motor and the mindset to be a bully every snap, then he can be special.

Advertisement
What would be the purpose of redshirting him?? If you want more conditioning he should play light duty.

Advertisement
He will play. He is a very strong kid and has the size and explosiveness that will make him very hard to block.

I say play him this season, no shirt. Get him some game experience. We don't need him to play many snaps this season, but the game experience and some s&c will have him ready to be a major contributor next season.
He could be a short yardage/ goal line contributor right now.

Advertisement
No, it means the kid is strong. There is far more to playing DT than just brute strength.
Look at the OP. I’m referring to people wondering if he’s able to play meaningful snaps being college ready. You’re ready to play major CFB on the DL squating 500 and benching 400. No shirt needed.

Dee Jay Dallas needs to drop a picture of himself standing next to this kid on social media asap.

Look at the OP. I’m referring to people wondering if he’s able to play meaningful snaps being college ready. You’re ready to play major CFB on the DL squating 500 and benching 400. No shirt needed.

Again, I agree that the kid may be able to play but there is way more to playing DT in college than just strength. Technique and playing low is huge for interior lineman otherwise we should just be grabbing power lifters.

Advertisement
The only concern I have with him is how many plays can he play? I think he can be a dominating force the first 10 plays, but what about at snap 30? If he gets that up, and I know he will over the next few years, he has the potential to be a first round pick. I could not believe his first step when I saw his film. Seriously, I don't think I have ever seen a 340 pound guy with that initial burst. Dude is a gym rat, that eats gym rats.

I look forward to seeing him come in late in the third quarter this year with fresh legs. Dear God have mercy on whatever is in front of him.

Edit: I don't think we will need him 30 snaps a game this year, so I'm not concerned one bit.

He'll most likely be the #2 NT behind Ford and be subbed out on passing downs. I doubt he gets more than 20 plays a game. At least right away..

I say play him this season, no shirt. Get him some game experience. We don't need him to play many snaps this season, but the game experience and some s&c will have him ready to be a major contributor next season.
He could be a short yardage/ goal line contributor right now.

Just like we did with Ford this past season

In 2019 just before the UF game, I want Richt to find someone on the staff to lock this kid in a basement and completely terrorize him for a week.

Then unleash him just before kickofff.
Wow...that's ruthless..a week? How bout we angle a more direct route..I say we starve him for 12 hrs, and tell him there's fried gator tail nuggets in their quarterbacks helmet!!

Advertisement
Back