Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

Advertisement
If he was a d end, he’d have stayed there. With the lack of depth at dt he’s not going back. He’s too big. We aren’t looking for or playing 280 lb d ends

Hopefully, we won't have to count on him to play any significant reps this year. I hate relying on true freshmans at DT. They're almost never ready to sustain any consistent level of play at the marquee P5 level. It's big boy football, and they need time to mature.

Not trying to feed into the negativity that is already floating around here but Kool does not seem to be able to hang with the Haggins and the Bates of the ACC. Maybe he had so many "diamonds in the rough" at Mizzou because of his poor recruiting.

Not trying to be Negative, what? are you a moron or something, what you just said was about as negative about coach kool as it gets!

Advertisement
Not trying to feed into the negativity that is already floating around here but Kool does not seem to be able to hang with the Haggins and the Bates of the ACC. Maybe he had so many "diamonds in the rough" at Mizzou because of his poor recruiting.

Not trying to be Negative, what? are you a moron or something, what you just said was about as negative about coach kool as it gets!

Yeah calling a coach a poor recruiter isn't negative at all...

Yeah calling a coach a poor recruiter isn't negative at all...

not any kind of film expert but 300 plus pound guys that can move like he can are not growing on trees. add in that first step which looks pretty fast and i think we got ourselves a nice DT.

You keyboard thugs love to resort to name calling. Kool needs to raise his game. I hope that he finishes strong but acknowledging he has work is not a big deal. Poor recruiting was a poor choice of words, I will go with average at this point

Kul's success speaks for itself. We aren't going to get a better dl coach so just get the guy help on the recruiting front. Some people just aren't made for pandering to teenagers. As the 10th coach I would bring in a guy like Barrow or Reed. Success in the league and relates to these kids better than a guy like Kul.

I don't speak for everyone, but it is a relief to bring in a kid with this size. If nesta was the biggest body on the dl we brought, troubles are undoubtedly ahead. Now if we whiff like usual at the end the class is really good and touches on everything. We all want to kill it to end and that goes without saying, but after radio and folden this class is a miracle.

Advertisement
Miller and silvera and Rousseau aren’t average. I don’t care what anyone says about the Miller kid. And if we close wirh Chatman and Chatfield?

I like Miller, and initially rushed to judgement. I just want to ensure that the level of DL talent does not drop off because we will continue to lose players early, as is the culture at Miami

More than happy to take chat field, but I don't see a position for him. Unless something has changed, he has the size of an olb in a 4-3. I don't see the fit with him. I totally understand why if would appeal to him. I want him because I think there is no way we would get the other 3 and not him.

Advertisement
Bethel is a dt. Not a d end. Stop.

Bethel isn't a true DT.

He's 280+. He's a DT.

RJ didn't come in as a "true DT" either but he's one now. So is Bethel.

He's going to move back to SDE and only play inside during passing situations like Chad Thomas.

Fools keep saying this bs about him and Chatman bein to big to play DE.. Were y'all born yesterday?? Chad Thomas was 6'6" 280lbs gtfoh

2018 Dline Depth Chart

SDE - Bethel / DJax / Chatman
3DT - Willis / Nesta / Grad transfer guy
1DT - Ford / Miller or Coburn
WDE - Jackson / Garvin / Patchan

Redshirt - Rousseau and Chatfield

More than happy to take chat field, but I don't see a position for him. Unless something has changed, he has the size of an olb in a 4-3. I don't see the fit with him. I totally understand why if would appeal to him. I want him because I think there is no way we would get the other 3 and not him.
Isn’t Chatfield very comparable to Toolbox? I was viewing him and his skill set as a more talented Toolbox.

You keyboard thugs love to resort to name calling. Kool needs to raise his game. I hope that he finishes strong but acknowledging he has work is not a big deal. Poor recruiting was a poor choice of words, I will go with average at this point

I mean, Kool beat Haggins for Silvera, whose better than any DT FSU has in this class.

At Mizzou he went head to head with Haggins for 5* Terry Beckner and won.

I don't think anyone is claiming Kool is an elite recruiter, but to act like he can't hang with Haggins is just dumb and wrong.

Advertisement
Bethel is a dt. Not a d end. Stop.

Bethel isn't a true DT.

He's 280+. He's a DT.

RJ didn't come in as a "true DT" either but he's one now. So is Bethel.

Mcintosh came in 30 pounds heavier and two inches taller than Bethel

Bethel has more or less been wasted. He was never going to functionally add the 60 pounds he would need to be an effective d tackle, and I wonder how effective he can actually be off the edge at this size.

Isn’t Chatfield very comparable to Toolbox? I was viewing him and his skill set as a more talented Toolbox.

Yes. It's ridiculous to claim Chatfield can't be good here, especially given what we saw out of Trent

Chad Thomas wasn’t 280 lol. He was maybe 265-270 as a senior in his 4th season.

Bethel isn’t moving back. UM isn’t looking for 280lb d ends.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back