Jordan Miller - 3 star - Commits!!!

I would be shocked if this kid was actually 6'4" tall. If that's actually true, then he was competing against some 6'7" quarterbacks. He has above average speed and strength. It's hard to tell how strong and fast he is because his highlight tape is against inferior competition.

I am all for young bodies at the DT position. We should bring in too many every year and process them as needed. He is a take because of need.

His competition isn’t inferior....that’s the same high school Bradley Jennings came from

Advertisement
I would be shocked if this kid was actually 6'4" tall. If that's actually true, then he was competing against some 6'7" quarterbacks. He has above average speed and strength. It's hard to tell how strong and fast he is because his highlight tape is against inferior competition.

I am all for young bodies at the DT position. We should bring in too many every year and process them as needed. He is a take because of need.

His competition isn’t inferior....that’s the same high school Bradley Jennings came from

That may be true, but he went up against some 200 pound lineman in his highlight tape. It's hard to determine how strong a player really is when there is such a weight disparity on the other side.

That may be true, but he went up against some 200 pound lineman in his highlight tape. It's hard to determine how strong a player really is when there is such a weight disparity on the other side.

I can say with absolute certainty that there are no 200 pound linemen in that division. It’s one of the best in North Florida. You can also look up top and see BJ Jennings(Bradley Jennings father) talking about him at the top of the page.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can say with absolute certainty that there are no 200 pound linemen in that division. It’s one of the best in North Florida. You can also look up top and see BJ Jennings(Bradley Jennings father) talking about him at the top of the page.

I prefer to watch the tape and form my own opinions.

So do I. I’m in agreement with Jeremy Pruitt, Bronco Mendenhall, and Coach Kul.

Advertisement

This isn't a ****ing contest. I said he was above average at speed and strength, but it's hard to gauge based on his highlight tape. He also isn't 6'4". He doesn't have to be at the 1 technique either. I was just pointing those things out in case others didn't feel like searching for his tape. I gave an honest opinion with no agenda. Maybe, you should try that too.

Sorry, not buying this one. I give this staff the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but this is Golden-esque stuff.

The issue I have with this is we passed on kids in our "backyard" like Lamonte McDougle (Deerfield) and Jordan Scott (Largo), both went on to earn Freshman All-American honors at WVU and Orgeon, respectively. Both were evaluated a **** of lot more than this kid. Both would have have been Canes.

If we gave either one of them an opportunity we wouldn't be sweating-out 50/50 balls like Briggs or Chatman and being forced in to these types of late offers.

How can you cry about us not taking a low 3* in McDougle, then say we shouldn't take this kid?

And it seems the issue with Miller is that he just hadn't been evaluated. VA, GT, VT, and Tenn have all offered within 10 days. Probably another kid that just blew up as a senior and his new tape is finally getting out. Unlike Martin, there's no doubt Miller has DT size, he's a big dude.

So if we have room, why would we not take the next McDougle?

Our online fanbase will never be happy with anything
The point isn't how they're rated, it's the process. We needed DTs last year. You could reach for a kid with "upside" when you had the cover of Norton and McIntosh for at least a year. Offering a two star kid two weeks before signing day when you're roster is now desperate is Golden stuff. I am laughing at people buying into this story that if he had better coverage he'd be a 4 or 5 star kid.

Sorry, not buying this one. I give this staff the benefit of the doubt more often than not, but this is Golden-esque stuff.

The issue I have with this is we passed on kids in our "backyard" like Lamonte McDougle (Deerfield) and Jordan Scott (Largo), both went on to earn Freshman All-American honors at WVU and Orgeon, respectively. Both were evaluated a **** of lot more than this kid. Both would have have been Canes.

If we gave either one of them an opportunity we wouldn't be sweating-out 50/50 balls like Briggs or Chatman and being forced in to these types of late offers.

How can you cry about us not taking a low 3* in McDougle, then say we shouldn't take this kid?

And it seems the issue with Miller is that he just hadn't been evaluated. VA, GT, VT, and Tenn have all offered within 10 days. Probably another kid that just blew up as a senior and his new tape is finally getting out. Unlike Martin, there's no doubt Miller has DT size, he's a big dude.

So if we have room, why would we not take the next McDougle?

Our online fanbase will never be happy with anything

And let's not crown Mcdougle just yet...Don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see what he could have done at UM, especially with the whiffs this season... But that WVU defense was absolute dog sh*t this year, and they needed defensive linemen like oxygen. Just saying. Someone had to get 40 tackles a game playing on the defensive line of a bad defense... it doesn't mean he got anything but a lot of playing time...He is frosh AA= he played more than 98% of true frosh DT, that's what that means.
Again, not crowning, not commenting on ratings; the point is the process. You had cover for fliers and sleepers when you had all ACC level players at this spot for at least a year. Doing it now when you're desperate is an all too familiar recipe. Whether it works out now or not, this can't be the way we manage position groups-- offering 2 stars with 2 weeks to NSD and signing grad transfers from Illinois.

With the Jennings connection, why are we just now knowing about this kid? Good lord. Let's step up our recruiting. I'm not even ****ed about the low rating. At this point I'm for signing **** near every big body that can move. My issue is apparently we weren't the first to evaluate the kid, when we actually should have been. Inexcusable.

Advertisement
Nice get-off for a kid his size. He looks great too. Well put together. Not sloppy.

I would look at his offer list and worry less about his stars. Maybe he was a late bloomer and/or didn't camp a lot.
I was thinking the same thing.... Miller has great size and athleticism....nothing wrong with taking a kid like this....he will definitely get a ratings bump soon....

From TOS:

"This is what BJ Jennings dad, who is the LB and strength and conditioning coach at this kids H.S. had to say about him:
"He’s 6-4, 330 and he can move. He’s a big, strong kid, is very physical, agile. He’s a good, humble kid, very smart and intelligent. I actually went through and evaluated a lot of kids coming out in his class - if he was being promoted and people knew about him that’s a 4 or 5 star kid.”

"Mandarin High head coach Bernard Harrell coached against Williams this past year said this:"

“He’s the real deal. He emerged out of nowhere. We played him and we couldn’t block him. I was like `Who is this kid?’”

"More from BJ Jennings dad:"

"Miami got the film last night, and this morning coach (Mark) Richt called with an offer,” said Jennings, who played at Florida State. “This kid, he’s legit, the real deal. I think he’s going to be a great one. I played with some really good D linemen playing at Florida State, but this kid is amazing, man. It’s hard to find kids that size, it’s very rare you find them that size that can come off the ball like him and stay low, penetrate through the holes and seek the ball out the way he does. He hustles, flies to the ball, it’s very rare in a kid his size."

"BJ's dads final thoughts on him:"

“I almost bet you that Miami’s the frontrunner now,” Jennings said. “He’s going to be really a dominant player for Miami. I think Miami got a steal. This is bigger than a sleeper. He’s unbelievable. He wrecks everything you put it in front of him. He blows up double teams and still makes the plays. I don’t think anyone can block the kid one on one.”

End thread as far as I’m concerned. I’m sold. Jennings pops is an OG from the city. If he says he can ball, he can ball.

With the Jennings connection, why are we just now knowing about this kid? Good lord. Let's step up our recruiting. I'm not even ****ed about the low rating. At this point I'm for signing **** near every big body that can move. My issue is apparently we weren't the first to evaluate the kid, when we actually should have been. Inexcusable.

Some high school coaches just suck at promoting their players. Pruitt also just recently received his film and immediately offered and even did an in home visit Wednesday. Tennessee already has 4 DTs committed so it's not a desperation offer either.

Advertisement

Jax is Hartley territory. The way he has been raiding that area collecting 4–5* bodies I think we can give him a pass here.

That’s my issue too. I’ve got no problems with this offer, but the process is what’s concerning.

Some high school coaches just suck at promoting their players. Pruitt also just recently received his film and immediately offered and even did an in home visit Wednesday. Tennessee already has 4 DTs committed so it's not a desperation offer either.

What I'm saying is we have a kid on our team whose father is a coach. Just should be better communication imo. When we have a connection like that, it should be to our advantage.

Advertisement

Jax is Hartley territory. The way he has been raiding that area collecting 4–5* bodies I think we can give him a pass here.

Don't get me wrong I'm not calling for anyone to be fired. Just saying that connections like having a current player's dad as coach should be to our advantage. Hey coach. How's your season going? Whos the most productive kid on your team? Who has the most potential? Any kids we should be interested in? You sure? Just basic stuff to me.

This isn't a ****ing contest. I said he was above average at speed and strength, but it's hard to gauge based on his highlight tape. He also isn't 6'4". He doesn't have to be at the 1 technique either. I was just pointing those things out in case others didn't feel like searching for his tape. I gave an honest opinion with no agenda. Maybe, you should try that too.

Yes it is a ****ing contest with u... ur saying retarded shxt talkn about he's playing against 200lb offensive lineman and hes clearly not 6'4" when those two dumbazz opinions have no basis in reality lol But u got all that from "watching tape and making ur own opinions"??ok coRch nobody cares.

Last edited:
The delusional hype train about this 2 star player is disturbing.

My "fire all the defensive coaches" meter just went up 15%.

If we can't field a top 15-20 total and scoring defense everyone on D needs to go.

Nobody gives af about u being disturbed UGa groupie or what percentage ur fire coaches meter is at in ur delusional mind.

Norton at times in game film went up against much smaller opponents.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back