Jordan Battle note

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Talked with a source close to the Battle recruitment and a program source today:

The family was shocked at the whole situation. Mom was very upset with everything, but I was told that Taver Johnson (OSU CB coach) has eased a lot of her initial concerns. They are going to wait and see how things play out before making any rash decisions on decommitting from the program. Urban Meyer was one of the main factors in Jordan's commitment to OSU, as Meyer has been contacting him multiple times per week for the past few months.

The door has been opened a crack and I was told Battle is absolutely receptive to UM's overtures. Miami has been pushing VERY VERY hard. Things weren't handled the best last go-round, with UM not really pushing until May before Battle's June commitment to OSU; however, Battle is going to be a treated as a top priority similar to an Evan Neal, Mark-Antony Richards, or a Khris Bogle from here forward. It's all hands on deck.

OPINION
After talking to some involved, I'm confident in a Battle flip to UM if Meyer is no longer at OSU. If he stays, things will become more complicated and we'll have to see how things develop from there.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
How can any parent feel good about sending their child hundreds of miles away to a man who is a flat out liar and has no control of their children. This man has shown he can’t properly handle situations and the only thing he cares about is himself. I can’t imagin what a DB coach can tell me if this was my child. I would have had my child decommit yesterday.

A New coach means a new staff is coming... the kid needs to flip during the quite period that way thy leave him alone! that DB coach will be gone next year along with the whole staff!

Advertisement
So, if the man with a long history of exhibiting scummy, duplicitous behavior and of covering up dangerous, criminal activity from his players and coaches on his staff (to the point of actually fostering the kind of toxic environment that can endanger her son) stays, then that is a positive in OSU's FAVOR??
Oh, how nice..

Advertisement
I think this is a lock flip. If Urban stays which i think he won't but if he does some parent will go ogg on him, he will say something wrong and schools will make it clear he lied and manipulated you before and will do it again because he's untouchable and can say I dont care about the physical well being of women. Battles mom and idk her or what type of woman she is but she doesn't seem to know much about football if she thinks this'll all be ok but as time goes on there's no way she signs off

Whether Liar is fired or not, I actually think the longer this goes on the better for us. Liar and everyone involved are going to keeping lying and throwing each other under the bus. This is going to turn into a huge **** show. Plus this McMurphy cat is not going to give up and continue to have his integrity called into question.

It’s clear Battles mom is already extremely concerned with the situation and the drama that unfolds over the next couple of weeks will push her over the edge, regardless of what the Grinch tells her. Before this all went down, I believed we still had a shot to flip Battle after he released that commitment letter thanking us. Now I think is almost guaranteed he doesn’t go to OSU.

Pants meet floor

images.jpeg

Advertisement
Back