Jordan Battle- "I Feel The Family Bond"

View as article

Matthew_Suero

Junior
Premium
On Saturday, St. Thomas Aquinas brought a 7 on 7 team out to Miami for one of Mark Richt’s 7 on 7 camps. Along with the Aquinas 7 on 7 team came one of the top safeties in Florida, Jordan Battle. The 6’1’’ 190 pound defensive back is still working on his weight.

“190 is good but I’m trying to get to 195, 200 by the time I leave for college.”

The tournament was cut short due to the weather, but Battle was still happy with his performance.

“Well today, you know, I balled. I had two interceptions. Me and my team we came out here and balled, we did good. We wanted that championship but you know it got cancelled so…”

Miami took advantage of Battle being down on campus. Throughout the day, Mark Richt and his staff had the full court press on the 4-star safety.

“Ya, I talked to Coach Richt, Coach Diaz, Coach Banda. You know they gave me a little rundown about coming here.”

The message from Richt and company has remained consistent.

“They want me to come up during the season. They want me to stay humble, keep my education right. Go out here and ball. Be a team leader. Make sure everyone else know what they doing. Be a good character for them.”

A good indicator of how badly a team wants a player is how involved the head coach is in the recruitment process.

“Coach Richt has been communicating with me a lot. We have been talking over the phone, over message. Coach Banda as well, and Coach Diaz. I feel the family bond just like St. Thomas you know.”

Battle is set to be in Columbus, Ohio on June 21st, but he is also setting up another visit with Miami. This, however, will not be the last time Battle is on campus this summer. He will be down in Coral Gables for Paradise Camp and the pool day the day before the camp.

There is still a long way to go in Battle’s recruitment. He will not be making a decision until the middle of the college football season, sometime before the high school football playoffs start.

Advertisement
I don't like making predictions for kids I don't know, but at least we getting more shots than any other program. I will predict that all these top kids know where they going.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Really believe Stevenson, M-a-r (ath), Battle, and maybe that Puckett kid from GA (if we continue to progress w him) are the db they will make room for no matter wat this class

Now maybe if 1 or 2 of them come on board they will feel less urgent, but I really believe they go the bitter end w these kids. Maybe Dent too if he shows any renewed interest

Advertisement
"They want me to stay humble, keep my education right. Go out here and ball. Be a team leader. Make sure everyone else know what they doing. Be a good character for them.”

Having spent over a decade in Sales, I can tell you that based upon the above type of communication that our staff is having with Battle, it does not sound like they are trying to convince him to be a part of this class. This is the type of communication that you have with a client (recruit), when you feel the deal is imminent, or your just waiting for the proper approvals/signatures to take place.

Based on this interview, (I get it, it's just one interview), the staff is no longer selling Battle on anything, they have moved into the advisory world. They cleary are confident on where they stand with Battle, even if, to the outside world, it does not appear as if they have a reason to be confident at this point.

**** got me hyped as a maf'ucker!

Advertisement
Going to be difficult to beat Urban on this one. Not getting my hopes up at all.

Definitely in the Top 4 wants at db this cycle

1.Stevenson (#2 overall on the whole recruiting board for me, Evan Neal #1)
2. Mark Anthony Richards
3. Jordan battle
4. Keontra Smith(already committed)

Lets say we go 4 for 4 (which is fine by me) on this group. Who plays where? Who stays at safety? Who plays CB? And where does Richards play? No wrong answer. Not a bad problem to have either.

Definitely in the Top 4 wants at db this cycle

1.Stevenson (#2 overall on the whole recruiting board for me, Evan Neal #1)
2. Mark Anthony Richards
3. Jordan battle
4. Keontra Smith(already committed)
No one asked you but yet you continue to post this in every thread

Lets say we go 4 for 4 (which is fine by me) on this group. Who plays where? Who stays at safety? Who plays CB? And where does Richards play? No wrong answer. Not a bad problem to have either.

In that scenario, I think you let Richards play at WR or CB and don't offer anyone else at whichever of those two position groups he likes most.

Advertisement
Back