Jordan Battle- "I Feel The Family Bond"

I would like to close the Battle but Stevenson might be the best player in the state if we manage to land both it definitely be special.

Advertisement
Sounds like we’ve made major ground up on this kid. Continue to full court press and get him on campus as much as possible.

If Richt continues to keep a strong presence in Battles recruitment. I feel very confident that we land him.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If he doesn't commit on the OSU visit I think he is ours.

I just checked out the OSU site for 247. There are 6 guys on OV trips that weekend. There are dozens of others scheduled for some camp, including a few of our recent offers: Wingo and Rosemy. His dad seems to be impressed with CMR and UM. Hopefully he will want to regroup and discuss the options and not let the kid commit while they are there.

"They want me to stay humble, keep my education right. Go out here and ball. Be a team leader. Make sure everyone else know what they doing. Be a good character for them.”

Having spent over a decade in Sales, I can tell you that based upon the above type of communication that our staff is having with Battle, it does not sound like they are trying to convince him to be a part of this class. This is the type of communication that you have with a client (recruit), when you feel the deal is imminent, or your just waiting for the proper approvals/signatures to take place.

Based on this interview, (I get it, it's just one interview), the staff is no longer selling Battle on anything, they have moved into the advisory world. They cleary are confident on where they stand with Battle, even if, to the outside world, it does not appear as if they have a reason to be confident at this point.

**** got me hyped as a maf'ucker!

Ya that or they know he is not coming.

Advertisement
Said for a min that I think he stays .

OSU trying to get that official visit in to Methville before the snow starts to fall.

It maybe summer but you can bet money ole uncle Urban Liar will have a variety of Columbus's best hostesses along with his closer he brought with from his time in Gainesville ready for Battle's OV to OSU..

snow-bunny-swamp-rabbit.jpg

Disclaimer- not my style

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Is he a corner? I know osu is recruiting him as one and he is the #1 corner on their board....Osu recruiting experts expect a commitment from him on his visit.

"They want me to stay humble, keep my education right. Go out here and ball. Be a team leader. Make sure everyone else know what they doing. Be a good character for them.”

Having spent over a decade in Sales, I can tell you that based upon the above type of communication that our staff is having with Battle, it does not sound like they are trying to convince him to be a part of this class. This is the type of communication that you have with a client (recruit), when you feel the deal is imminent, or your just waiting for the proper approvals/signatures to take place.

Based on this interview, (I get it, it's just one interview), the staff is no longer selling Battle on anything, they have moved into the advisory world. They cleary are confident on where they stand with Battle, even if, to the outside world, it does not appear as if they have a reason to be confident at this point.

**** got me hyped as a maf'ucker!

C'mon... after a decade in sales you know that could be shtick just as well.

What else are they supposed to say to the kid knowing he's been on campus and no decision is imminent? I'm sure they tell all recruits the types of things that will make them successful people 'whether they decide to come to Miami or not'. That's the way you connect and build that "family bond", which is the right thing to do, while also advancing a more selfish agenda. A lot of sales is about selling the customer (recruit) on you as a salesman (coach), because they can buy whatever (sign) from anyone (anywhere).

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back