Jordan Addison to the portal

We really need to dispense of this nonsense.

While it may be true on the individual income tax side (and we have no idea of the timing of his payments, but it's entirely possible that he won't get all the money in 2022), if Addison incorporates a business entity to handle his "brand", then he would be subject to state income tax in Texas.
Is that the same thing in Florida (the state income tax part by incorporating a business?).

Advertisement
Yeah, I know he's immensely talented. I'm just focused on stuff I've read about him from a mental approach pov. Can he tolerate and fight through struggles especially if the team struggles around him?
I hear ya, that is a question for sure, but I think it is a question for anyone that hasn't personally excelled on a ****** losing team, which most quarterbacks probably haven't had to do much by nature of their impact on the game. And honestly I don't know how much of an issue that is for him personally, so if something is known then I am not aware of the whole picture in this case specifically.

I am talking more about holding transferring against guys broadly, or failing to acknowledge that not getting snaps as a TF on a loaded depth chart isn't necessarily indicative that he isn't good, or isn't ready. I think in general we need to reset the perception of a guy that doesn't stick around.

Some who ride the pine will turn out to be great, and some of the guys that transfer out will end up sucking, but I just think the reality of highly touted guys sitting got flipped when the one time transfer with no wait came in.

While I respect patience and loyalty on the part of a player, what if Stroud or TVD or Young decide to come back or get hurt? I'd suggest the same for any top tier recruit - if there is a skilled restart frosh or true sophomore in front of you, look around because you might not start for three years.

Ewers has special arm talent, yes he is a first year starter, but he‘s an incredibly gifted passer.

The same way how Trevor Lawrence was a first year starter, but still threw for 3,280yds 30TD’s & 4INT’s.

With Jordan Addison, Xavier Worthy, Isaiah Neyor, Jordan Whittington, Keithron Lee, plus Bijan Robinson, Jahleel Billingsley & 3 speedy incoming WR’s from their 22 class, they will have an offense that can outgun nearly everybody they play.

The key will be Sark not getting in his own way & ******** it up, if he plays conservative safe ball he’ll be handcuffing his own team. With all those weapons he’s gotta open it up & force Defenses into a frenzy trying to cover all sides of the field. When you have a weapons like that with that much speed & playmaking, it takes effort to mess it up.
I concur my brother, it'll take Sark ****in' down his leg and/or a monumentally terrible defensive season to keep UT from 10+ wins and an NYE bowl at the least. They could even overcome the latter if he holds up his end of the deal.

That offense has the weapons to do whatever you want, whenever you want. You can only send 11 dudes out there, can't double everyone...

Advertisement
Advertisement
Season 5 Nbc GIF by The Office

This is hilarious , it’s like the guy and girl in the office who’s hunching before both split with their exes . Both divorce / breakup but keep going through the charade of “ oh we’re just friends “. USC and Addison have clothes at the others house , keys to their apartments and a toothbrush in the others bathroom. **** , USC is probably crapping with the door wide open.

Like i said when all this started “ they’ll drag it out to not look so obvious “ .
I almost fell for those Texas rumors. Too funny.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is that the same thing in Florida (the state income tax part by incorporating a business?).

Florida is a bit different.

In Florida, if you incorporate as an LLC or make an S-corp election, the income goes to the INDIVIDUAL, and you don't pay taxes.

HOWEVER, Texas "disregards" disregarded entities. So even if you have an LLC, you still have to file what is CALLED a Texas "franchise" tax, but it's really just an income tax (and is treated that way by GAAP and all the big accounting firms).

I just paid $300K to Texas a few days ago on my company's "franchise" tax extension. I had to tell accounting to book it to INCOME tax expense payable.

For the record, our two business entities that do business in Texas...are disregarded LLCs...

Anyhow, long story short, I just wanted to let people know that "Texas" is not as "income-tax-free" as they like to claim. They literally CHANGED THE NAME to "franchise tax", but it's an income tax. On businesses, not on individuals.

Advertisement
Back