Jordan Addison to the portal

Advertisement
Lol. He did his best to make everyone forget it was a done deal and there was tampering. But shocks nobody with that decision in the end

1652996465833.png

Cali state tax would put Addison at 13.3%. The kid would literally save over 300K on just state taxes by choosing Texas(tax free state). If he has a brain, he'll be a Longhorn.
Waiting for someone to say kids don't care about taxes

Advertisement
Which guys would be the elite guys ? That definition seems to be wide and highly subjective so I'm just curious who you have fitting into that category ?
I’m talking guys that can change your team
Ala Addison, take a look at the talent usc is brining in through the portal on 247 and then look at ours it’s night and day different
Don’t get me wrong
When it comes to portal manny was better
They may not always worked out
But it seemed he got the guys he wanted in the portal he just chose the wrong guys
Everyone has strengths and weakness
And I think Mario’s is the portal
And that’s why he brought in that guy from msu
I still don’t know how we didn’t go all in for verse out of Albany

I’m talking guys that can change your team
Ala Addison, take a look at the talent usc is brining in through the portal on 247 and then look at ours it’s night and day different
Don’t get me wrong
When it comes to portal manny was better
They may not always worked out
But it seemed he got the guys he wanted in the portal he just chose the wrong guys
Everyone has strengths and weakness
And I think Mario’s is the portal
And that’s why he brought in that guy from msu
I still don’t know how we didn’t go all in for verse out of Albany
I didn't know if you were talking about high school, portal, or all of the above. I think MC may have overestimated the amount of available wide outs when the first wave came and we didn't pursue anyone aggressively. That could come back to bite him.

Advertisement
Florida is a bit different.

In Florida, if you incorporate as an LLC or make an S-corp election, the income goes to the INDIVIDUAL, and you don't pay taxes.

HOWEVER, Texas "disregards" disregarded entities. So even if you have an LLC, you still have to file what is CALLED a Texas "franchise" tax, but it's really just an income tax (and is treated that way by GAAP and all the big accounting firms).

I just paid $300K to Texas a few days ago on my company's "franchise" tax extension. I had to tell accounting to book it to INCOME tax expense payable.

For the record, our two business entities that do business in Texas...are disregarded LLCs...

Anyhow, long story short, I just wanted to let people know that "Texas" is not as "income-tax-free" as they like to claim. They literally CHANGED THE NAME to "franchise tax", but it's an income tax. On businesses, not on individuals.

1653003103699.png

Advertisement

☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾☝🏾
**Cough, Cough**

This wasn’t an I “think” moment. I was very firm w/ this post, & I only liked a couple of posters who said “SC” in their post. My boy was bragging about the whole situation b4 BR broke their story. (I hate him, btw lol). His frat is currently on SC.

The BR repost wasn’t a jump the gun article. Both SC & Addison had to play it cool b/c of the backlash. That’s y I just stopped posting once the O&G glasses came out by posters. Lol.

For the record, pls stop using taxes in regards to CA. That chit don’t matter when u’re a kid playing for coach who’s known for getting his offensive players drafted highly. It’ll still be great $$ after taxes for one yr of production, and it’ll be considered a flip investment if he’s drafted in the 1st couple of rounds.

Last edited:
Advertisement
For the record, pls stop using taxes in regards to CA. That chit don’t matter when u’re a kid playing for coach who’s known for getting his offensive players drafted highly. It’ll still be great $$ after taxes for one yr of production, and it’ll be considered a flip investment if he’s drafted in the 1st couple of rounds.
This is absolutely a fair point. But I imagine this thought process will change if there’s a no income tax state school producing big time receivers in the nfl down the road…. Here’s to hoping it’s the canes!

This is absolutely a fair point. But I imagine this thought process will change if there’s a no income tax state school producing big time receivers in the nfl down the road…. Here’s to hoping it’s the canes!

Maybe for a true freshman or a kid that has 2+ yrs of eligibility; but at the end of the day, kids r going to choose the best schools to get them to the league. If Pickett was still there, if his OC was still there, there’s no doubt he would’ve stayed at Pitt in my mind; but this was truly a business decision in his 1 & done mindset (w/ a little bit of incentives)

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back