Jonathon Denis in portal (Transfers to Miami)

Imagine watching this OL over the past however many ******* years and crying over a 4 star player who has barely scratched the surface of his career.

We threw a ******* party here for Tommy Kennedy, but Jon Denis is a big problem lmao
I don't think anyone was complaining

Advertisement
Would appear to be an obvious take. If we can't trust the head coach and offensive line coach's evaluation on the kid, then might as well shut down the fund raising campaign and put the program out of its misery. Does he make an impact in the fall? Maybe not, especially if he's still coming off an injury. But nice to have him in the pipeline.

Cleveland Reed
Issiah Walker
Matt Antezana
Ousman Traore
Justice Oluwaseun
Jared Griffith
Chris Washington
Ryan Rodriguez

And taking Denis is a problem?
The walk-ons are not needed to make your point.

With that said, isn’t’ it a little early to put Ryan Rodriquez on that list? Just asking as I haven’t seen him in person, but he is a true frosh.

Last edited:
rl0zclx.gif

Advertisement
So as of right now our OL would be….

LT: Nelson, McLaughlin, Walker
LG: Rivers, Sagapolu, Seymour
C: Clark, Denis, Rodriguez
RG: Oluwaseun, Traore, Reed
RT: Scaife, Campbell, Washington

Missing anyone?
A healthy Denis takes reps at center but also probably challenges for starting RG..

This is an OL that Mario and Mirabel not only recruited but already coached and has seen him on their team for 2 full seasons.

There's nobody in a better position to determine whether this kid can help us or not than Mario and Mirabel
Nah bro. We’ve got experts in here. Two minutes on YouTube beats Mario and Mirabal.

Im not a big Denis fan but...this I agree with.

Just like last year when Justice brought in Justice O.

Justice O ended up being a solid swing man because he coached him and seen how he works.

I see Denis being to the level of Justice O or below but its good depth with multiple years.
Denis being net average is better than what’s been put on the field. No reason not to bring him in and compete. Plus he’s been in a real weight program for two years. Not like he’s transitioning from G5 to P5 ball either.

Advertisement
I’ve seen Scaife get whipped for 3 years straight I don’t care what PFF grades him. We have no backup center, LG is up for grabs and backups are trash.

Why would we bring in more “talent” to try and find 7-8 guys who can play. We know injuries will happen. We need help all across the roster. Let Mario work and let’s see how this roster shakes out come august.

I’ve seen Scaife get whipped for 3 years straight I don’t care what PFF grades him. We have no backup center, LG is up for grabs and backups are trash.

Why would we bring in more “talent” to try and find 7-8 guys who can play. We know injuries will happen. We need help all across the roster. Let Mario work and let’s see how this roster shakes out come august.
I agree. Not sure what people see in Scaife. His play has been atrocious and hasn’t gotten better in 4 years. Time to move on.

We are a couple injuries away from a disaster. Outside of a few guys I could see 4 Ol leaving.

Coaches make bad moves & dumb decisions all the time & it’s not illegal to be skeptical or question Coaches.

BUT, in this instance it’s a no-brainer to take Jonathan Denis just based off the simple fact that our OL has been historically bad over the last 5 years. If fans took their Canes-shades off for 5 seconds & gave a clear look at our roster, particularly the OL they would see why this staff is still bringing in players to help bolster the depth & pushing some kids out.

It’s about raising the floor of the talent level of the team & adding quality depth.

As of now if any of our top 6 OL’s goes down, We. Are. Fcked. Need more pieces & versatility on the line because there’s going to be more shuffling on the line come August & as the season progresses.
“Raising the floor” is what seems to be confusing folks. If a kid doesn’t look like a day one starter, they can’t see why we’d bring him in.

Advertisement

Quoting again just incase guys didnt see it the first time..

CIS complains all last year how interior can't get any push on the line and no depth, bring in a guy to help that who is local, and still finds away to complain about it.
Aye… CIS gon CIS, I guess 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Advertisement

Exactl. Center is now fixed with Denis for now. He was battling for the starting spot at Oregon until he got hurt. Mims to UM is gaining a ton of traction which would fix RT. That leave Scaife to beat out Sagapolu and Campbell for Guard and I don’t think it’s too hard to figure out that Scaife will probably drop when both are healthy and here.

The walk-ons are not needed to make your point.

With that said, isn’t’ it a little early to put Ryan Rodriquez on that list? Just asking as I haven’t seen him in person, but he is a true frosh.
He’s not. He’s a redshirt freshman. But I see your point. But I’m sticking with mine.

Advertisement
Back