Jonathon Denis in portal (Transfers to Miami)

Im not a big Denis fan but...this I agree with.

Just like last year when Justice brought in Justice O.

Justice O ended up being a solid swing man because he coached him and seen how he works.

I see Denis being to the level of Justice O or below but its good depth with multiple years.

You don't think Denis could beat out Clark at C?

Someone's portaling in at RT and taking Scaife's spot away there. Which means C and RG are the starting positions up for grabs, because Zion and Jalen are locked in on the left.

I have Scaife and Denis as the 1s (not sure who takes what spot), with Justice, Sagapolu and Clark behind them.

Advertisement
I never said he wasn't a take, I just said I didn't really understand the move. I read an Oregon article saying he fell down the depth chart this spring, I was just going off that.
He hasn’t even been healthy though. The article actually said that upperclassmen starters came back that he wasn’t going to pass up….

Advertisement
You don't think Denis could beat out Clark at C?

Someone's portaling in at RT and taking Scaife's spot away there. Which means C and RG are the starting positions up for grabs, because Zion and Jalen are locked in on the left.

I have Scaife and Denis as the 1s (not sure who takes what spot), with Justice, Sagapolu and Clark behind them.
Jakai Clark has good film at Center.

This essentially UPS the talent at that position.....WE also have a 2023 commit that will be a really really good center prospect.

Mirabel see yalls slander about this decision.

52EF5445-B804-46D1-A30B-27648CA21D83.jpeg

Denis won't be fully cleared until right at Fall cap.

Denis says Mirabal is going to start him out by working him at both guard spots as well as center. It'll be a case of if Denis can beat someone out to put the best five on the field.

Regardless, Miami can use Denis' versatility at the three interior spots given the depth issues.

Advertisement
Don't really understand this one unless they are planning on losing multiple OL? Dennis has never played a game and fell down the depth chart at Oregon?

I think you answered your own question. We lack depth on the interior. I think you’ll see multiple OL in the portal (leaving Miami).

Imagine watching this OL over the past however many ******* years and crying over a 4 star player who has barely scratched the surface of his career.

We threw a ******* party here for Tommy Kennedy, but Jon Denis is a big problem lmao

This dude literally was fighting for their starting center spot last year as a freshman before he got hurt and he ain’t a take. Ridiculous.

The internet scouting department is doing their thing, brahs. Just let them get it out of their system. Eventually they will tire out and fall asleep in the car.

Advertisement
Really curious to see this o line competition work itself out in summer/spring. We’ve got a ton of moving pieces that can significantly change the way the line shakes out one way or another.

I’m under the impression that if Denis is healthy, Jakai is going to be fighting for his spot at center. It’s clear Mario and mirabel want bigger bodies on this o line and they’ve gotten a few behemoths since coming to the gables: Logan, Cooper, and now Denis

Advertisement
Really curious to see this o line competition work itself out in summer/spring. We’ve got a ton of moving pieces that can significantly change the way the line shakes out one way or another.

I’m under the impression that if Denis is healthy, Jakai is going to be fighting for his spot at center. It’s clear Mario and mirabel want bigger bodies on this o line and they’ve gotten a few behemoths since coming to the gables: Logan, Cooper, and now Denis
If we add Mims and Denis all of a sudden OL goes from big concern to an all out battle in fall camp for the 5 starting spots.

I have to say... I actually kind of respect that the posters on this site are so full of themselves they think they have a better idea of what our OL needs more than Mario. ...and when I say I respect the posters, I am actually referring to their brains use of bias. It does not give one F about reality and it will leave you out to dry without any remorse and it does so because it simply feels trusting the person to make the right decision is just too risky. Props to these guys brains... I mean at least someone is looking out for the rest of us.

If we get Mims with Denis that is a big help. I would still take one more OT. Rivers and Mims have the potential to be very good to elite players. I think Zion and Clark are good players, but overrated in our fanbase. That's my opinion. If we get Mims that could be huge for us. He is still very young, though.

Advertisement
Back