Jonathon Denis in portal (Transfers to Miami)

Advertisement
Line should be
LT Zion McLaughlin I Walker
LG Denis Oluwaseaun
C Clark Seymore Rodriguez
RG Scaife Sagapolu
RT Rivers Campbell McCoy

Rest transfer
I like it! Just not sure they have enough confidence in anyone @ RT, so Scaife gets the nod. Would love to see Campbell or McLaughlin step up at RT so Rivers can kick in at LG.

Advertisement
Not every portal addition will be a stud, All-ACC, or bona-fide starter. Some are purely depth additions. @Liberty City El said in another thread that as long as the addition is better than the last two people at the position of need, then you take him (something like that).
and that is the difference between a 7 win team and a 9/10 win team

You believe 247 and Rivals' numbers?
Rivals has camps where they measure players. Those players who go to them, so yes, i would trust them more than someone who looking at pics on the internet. Unless they know kids personally or seen them in person and had someone to compare to that has a verified height measurement.

Advertisement
Not every portal addition will be a stud, All-ACC, or bona-fide starter. Some are purely depth additions. @Liberty City El said in another thread that as long as the addition is better than the last two people at the position of need, then you take him (something like that).
Even if he isn't an immediate starter, he's still got three years of eligibility. It's not like we're taking some grad transfer who's only going to be here for a year as a backup.

This is kind of like moves some teams make at the MLB Trade Deadline. A lot of teams will need a legit Number 1 starting pitcher. But there’s only so many of those, and not every team can get one.

So those teams might go out and acquire an elite bullpen arm, even if their bullpen was already strength. If you can’t get that kind of elite piece to make your weakness a strength, upgrade the team by getting the elite piece that makes your strength even stronger.

I'm still a little gun shy on OL transfers since the Kennedy experiment. Jarrid Williams helped my PTSD somewhat.
Yeah but there is a BIG difference between taking guys from Butler and a P5 school like Oregon. If I remember right, that was also right during the Richt/Manny transition and they were just trying to get bodies.

Advertisement
SIAP:

Sources with knowledge of the situation believe the Canes are the potential landing spot should Cristobal and Miami pursue...

Denis is also very close with Tyrique Stevenson and Frank Ladson who both transferred back home to Miami...

The three all grew up playing together and all attended South Dade at a point before Stevenson made the move to Miami Southridge for his senior season...

Transfer portal trends puts Miami in a good spot considering five of Miami's seven transfer additions are South Florida natives...

SIAP:

Sources with knowledge of the situation believe the Canes are the potential landing spot should Cristobal and Miami pursue...

Denis is also very close with Tyrique Stevenson and Frank Ladson who both transferred back home to Miami...

The three all grew up playing together and all attended South Dade at a point before Stevenson made the move to Miami Southridge for his senior season...

Transfer portal trends puts Miami in a good spot considering five of Miami's seven transfer additions are South Florida natives...
No knock on you but I love the hedges in the first sentence… “sources with knowledge”, “believe”, “potential”. Lol

Advertisement
No knock on you but I love the hedges in the first sentence… “sources with knowledge”, “believe”, “potential”. Lol

All good, amigo.

Q:

Has there ever been a reporter that covered UM that the message boards didn't attack? Even one? They all get killed eventually. Susan, Gary, Matt, Petey, Gaby, Lake, everyone. It's 100% kill rate for anyone who actually sticks around. We turn on them all.

Everyone picks on these writers, and I get it, it's human nature and the internet these days, and there is absolutely some (maybe a LOT!) fair criticism warranted, but they basically have an impossible job to me.

First of all, even if they are legit sixth sense mind-readers, these 17-year old kids are being sold by some of the greatest salesmen in the world, and change their minds about 90 different things 100x a day. Those are your sources. Kids, and worse. Handlers, HS coaches, uncles with their hands out. Everyone is corrupted and self-interested. So even if you're RIGHT and ACCURATE, whatever you were right about you are probably going to be wrong about tomorrow. And get killed for it. So yeah, they are all probably shell-shocked and conditioned to hedge. And why would they not? I sure would. Then consider the small salaries and tiny budgets and resources they have to try to get this done.

Then think about this... these guys don't have a "college football" or "sports" or "politics" beat. They literally are limited to covering one amateur college sports team that plays a total of 12-14 days a year. They have to generate multiple pieces of content every day, literally 1000+ articles a year, while being limited to this one little subject. So yeah, of course there is going to be a lot of silly and speculative content. Because they have to come up with something every few hours practically... or we complain.

And they all have to deal with animals like us having access to them every day? Being able to question them, criticize them, demand answers, etc. LOL. No thanks.

Look at this site. They've been trying to years to generate significant content, and have failed over and over. It's REALLY hard without a network and budget behind you. So they've pivoted to leaning on the message boards for free content, which makes sense.

Imma gonna pour one out for the net and paper boys and gals right now. They try. Even though it's a suicide mission. Saluté! :)

gladiator GIF

Advertisement
Back