Jon Richt

Let's see what the Richts can do with the QBs going forward.

I didn't like the hire either but we are stuck with both for now.

Advertisement
Jon Richt is an abomination and doesn't belong within a 100 miles of a D1 program. ****ing disgusts me whenever I think about him and his lack of value to this team/University. Get this punk the F out of my face.

Like you could do better...don't see your name in contention for coaching positions

We don't know that Big Sky Cane isn't really Butch or Sarkisian.

Or headset guy, he could definitely be headset guy

One thing I dislike about this board is all the negative bullsh*t. I am embarrased to be a Cane fan when I read some of these posts. I know that some of you will tell me to go pound sand because that's the way things are here. Now we are complaining about Jon Richt. Our future is very bright but we have to find something to ****** about. I remember the meltdown on this board when Manny Diaz was hired. Now everyone hopes he doesnt leave. Get us to a championship and I dont care if Richt's whole family is on the payroll. This is a results oriented business and CMR knows that. We need to trust him. Sometimes I wonder if the recruits and coaches read the sh*t on this board. If they do it would explain alot, especially with recruiting. Sometimes I wonder if we as fans are part of the problem when it comes to attracting top talent both on the coaching and recruiting front.

In other words..........."just win , baby"...Al Davis.....applied to our Canes?

Im not saying just win no matter what. Do it ethically and above board. I am referring to the fact that we are constantly criticizing a solid coach who inherited Goldenite recruits, the worst OL in UM history, and a team that hasn't won a bowl game in 10 years. All he did was get 9 wins and a bowl win. The losses we had could be attributed to many things and not just coaching. Programs like Miami and the state we were in before CMR took over are like a battleship heading in the wrong direction. It takes time to make a full 180 degree turn to get it going in the right direction. I believe Richt has started the turn with the program. We have to wait and enjoy the progress as we become relevant again. I would rather us make positive gains with our play and recruiting year over year than have a flash in the pan season and be mediocre for years again. Lets start being positive, supporting the staff, and be part of the solution rather than looking for all the problems. Thats is all.

Jon got us Perry & Weldon...

He also has us in line to land at least another high rated 4-star QB for 2018.

I don't know exactly how much say he has in Offensive playcalling (I would assume not much if any at all), but if his main job is to recruit QB's then he's done a good job at that so far.

I didn't understand the hire either, but we all know **** well Mark ain't gon' fire his son after one year, so let's just see what he does this 2017 season with the QB's.

With Kaaya leaving, Lil Jon will have to earn his title & his paycheck this season with the development of whoever the next starter will be.

Obviously, Mark will be the main one working with the QB's, but Jon isn't just sitting their in the meeting room looking around doing nothing.

The so called vets on this site are always the main ones telling everyone else to "calm down", "wait & see", "you noobs are new to the game" etc., but are usually the first ones to press the panic button & want every single Coach fired for the slightest little thing & it's always for the dumbest ****** reasons... Lol

Urb just hired a proven veteran offensive guru. Like him or not (and I hate his guts), his offense stunk, and he fixed it in a monster way.

After signing day, I hope Rick takes the same approach Urb did. Recognize the weaknesses on the staff, which are recruiting and total lack of experience and skill on the offensive staff, and fix them.

If he goes into next season without making any tweaks to address those two main glaring staff weaknesses, then he will have failed the U.

Shut yo dumbass up troll

Advertisement

I don't know exactly how much say he has in Offensive playcalling (I would assume not much if any at all), but if his main job is to recruit QB's then he's done a good job at that so far.

I didn't understand the hire either, but we all know **** well Mark ain't gon' fire his son after one year, so let's just see what he does this 2017 season with the QB's.

With Kaaya leaving, Lil Jon will have to earn his title & his paycheck this season with the development of whoever the next starter will be.

Obviously, Mark will be the main one working with the QB's, but Jon isn't just sitting their in the meeting room looking around doing nothing.

The so called vets on this site are always the main ones telling everyone else to "calm down", "wait & see", "you noobs are new to the game" etc., but are usually the first ones to press the panic button & want every single Coach fired for the slightest little thing & it's always for the dumbest ****in reasons... Lol

Yep. It doesn't get under my skin. He's done his job recruiting-wise. I'm sure Richt wasn't coming without his kid and this type of thing goes on. It's not ideal on the coaching side but it is what it is. Not worth the aggravation. I'm more disappointed in some of the other coaches not pulling in talent quite frankly at their positions than Jon Richt.

OP and the fxggot trolls like him acting like Miami is any sort of position as a program to tell a Coach like Mark Richt who he can't have part of his staff??

I'm trying to figure out why the admins have allowed so many of this bxtch *** trolls to turn this board into an anti Richt site??

I guess Harbaugh's and Briles's kids were unqualified when their dads (and in Harbaugh's case his uncle, too) hired them.

Coach's son. Played the position. Assistant for an NFL team.

He's qualified. Is he good? No idea, but I'm not furious over the hire.

Agree, plus hanging around his dad all these years has to count for something.

Advertisement
No lie the best qb coach in the game right now is Ken Dorsey.... We need him on the staff asap

The so called vets on this site are always the main ones telling everyone else to "calm down", "wait & see", "you noobs are new to the game" etc., but are usually the first ones to press the panic button & want every single Coach fired for the slightest little thing & it's always for the dumbest ****in reasons... Lol

As usual, El hits the nail on the head. Couldn't agree more.

Jon Richt is an abomination and doesn't belong within a 100 miles of a D1 program. ******* disgusts me whenever I think about him and his lack of value to this team/University. Get this punk the F out of my face.

Always amazes me when certain peoples complain about nepotism and preferential consideration. Look at the NFL and society in general. Where there is big money their kids will always, where desired, be put in place to get that money over more experienced and qualified peoples.

Urb just hired a proven veteran offensive guru. Like him or not (and I hate his guts), his offense stunk, and he fixed it in a monster way.

After signing day, I hope Rick takes the same approach Urb did. Recognize the weaknesses on the staff, which are recruiting and total lack of experience and skill on the offensive staff, and fix them.

If he goes into next season without making any tweaks to address those two main glaring staff weaknesses, then he will have failed the U.

This

Advertisement
He crooted Perry back and got Weldon with help of CMR. Part of Richt coming to Miami instead of taking a year off coaching was having his son on staff. Sure it b da nepotism but it was part of the deal and if it ain't working, Richt can bring in another coach. Richt is the QB coach not his son. Jon is just an assistant with a coaches title.

Yeah.....great idea. If it aint working, he'll fire his son.

Then why did you bring it up in the first place in regards to Jon?

Who would you like to replace Jon with?

Is this a joke? You seriously can't think of a single QB coach that would be more qualified than Jon Richt? You people are straight up deluding yourselves if you think this hire was anything but nepotism. I'm sure Jon Richt was turning down offers left and right to take this job...

We could hire a real coach with real experience coaching QBs to lessen the load on Mark Richt. Maybe someone who could actually gameplan besides Mark Richt, or we could fill that spot up with a proven recruiter which we clearly need right now.

For that matter, we could also hire a dedicated special teams coach or TE coach and relegate Hartley to coaching one or the other. Or we could hire a dedicated RB coach who can recruit and just make Brown the offensive coordinator. There are a lot of options that Jon Richt restricts us from doing.

Just because other college and NFL coaches have their kids on staff doesn't make it ok to have Jon Richt on this staff. First of all, those coaches that do that have by and large already proven themselves to their teams by winning big, so it's acceptable to the fan base. If Richt had come in and won a national championship than fine have your son on staff, otherwise, I want a staff that gives the team the absolute best chance to win, and anyone who thinks Jon Richt is that guy is just defending him using no logic.

If Mark Richt thinks he is good enough to be on the staff, than that is good enough for me.

Sure, that's the thinking that NOles bought into with his mentor Bobby.... look how well that turned out !!

Worst move... when HCs hire those they can't fire... especially their own family!!

Reeks of Nepotism.... unethical to the core!!

You're talking college football, and you think nepotism is unethical? The whole system is unethical; look at the SEC.

If the head coach wants his son there, he should have him there. What a bunch of fans on the web say is irrelevant.

If you feel so strongly about it, fly a banner.

Yes, we did fly banners... and got rid of an HC wouldn't fire his best man, buddy after the most inept performance as DC ....

now we have this??? Deja Vu all over again

Advertisement
He was better this year than last year even with his offensive line performing worse

It's called a natural progression Brock. Numbers wise he was a bit better but they did little to mask his deficiencies when it counted and highlighted them instead. Anyway.......Mark Richt is the QB coach (as stated by Jon in the video above) so Kaaya's progression really doesn't have anything to do with Jon. What is his job description again (see above video)? What a complete waste of a coaching position.

Then why did you bring it up in the first place in regards to Jon?

Who would you like to replace Jon with?

Is this a joke? You seriously can't think of a single QB coach that would be more qualified than Jon Richt? You people are straight up deluding yourselves if you think this hire was anything but nepotism. I'm sure Jon Richt was turning down offers left and right to take this job...

We could hire a real coach with real experience coaching QBs to lessen the load on Mark Richt. Maybe someone who could actually gameplan besides Mark Richt, or we could fill that spot up with a proven recruiter which we clearly need right now.

For that matter, we could also hire a dedicated special teams coach or TE coach and relegate Hartley to coaching one or the other. Or we could hire a dedicated RB coach who can recruit and just make Brown the offensive coordinator. There are a lot of options that Jon Richt restricts us from doing.

Just because other college and NFL coaches have their kids on staff doesn't make it ok to have Jon Richt on this staff. First of all, those coaches that do that have by and large already proven themselves to their teams by winning big, so it's acceptable to the fan base. If Richt had come in and won a national championship than fine have your son on staff, otherwise, I want a staff that gives the team the absolute best chance to win, and anyone who thinks Jon Richt is that guy is just defending him using no logic.

If Mark Richt thinks he is good enough to be on the staff, than that is good enough for me.

Of course you would. And if Mark Richt thinks you're good enough to be corn holed by a Donkey, you'd be OK with that too.

Only thing that really matters are wins and losses. As long as we win who the **** cares. Most of our struggles on offense this season were due to oline play, something little Richt had nothing to do with. Winning is all that matters

See that's where you're dead *** wrong. Just because Jon is "QB Coach" doesn't mean he had "nothing to do with it". Mark Richt did LITTLE to mask the O-line deficiencies throughout MOST of the year. That is (in my opinion) directly impacted by the lack of offensive schemers with ideas/plans to bounce ideas and solutions off of. Jon Richt provides **** near ZERO positive attributes to the offensive staff, that much is **** near a fact. A good offensive coordinator/game planner can ALWAYS mask their units deficiencies. We, unfortunately, seemed to do the opposite for the vast majority of the year.

Jon Richt is an abomination and doesn't belong within a 100 miles of a D1 program. ****ing disgusts me whenever I think about him and his lack of value to this team/University. Get this punk the F out of my face.

Always amazes me when certain peoples complain about nepotism and preferential consideration. Look at the NFL and society in general. Where there is big money their kids will always, where desired, be put in place to get that money over more experienced and qualified peoples.

You're right. This is no different than the boss' kid, straight out of college gets a cushy office job. Not saying it's right but it's hardly uncommon.

Advertisement
Back