Jon Richt

Jon Richt is an abomination and doesn't belong within a 100 miles of a D1 program. ****ing disgusts me whenever I think about him and his lack of value to this team/University. Get this punk the F out of my face.

Like you could do better...don't see your name in contention for coaching positions

He canes from an NFL team but doesn't belong near a D1 program?

Advertisement
I'm not saying I actually think this is the case - but my worst case scenario fear when Richt took the Miami job was so that he could help his son get experience and kickstart his coaching career, and/or he was getting an early start on his So Fla retirement plans.

I have no idea if Jon can actually coach or not. But Mark Richt has players and coaches that he likes that are "his guys", and for better or worse he'll stay extremely loyal to them.

You nailed it. Pure selfish reasons in taking the job which is why he donated a million dollars last year

Jon Richt is an abomination and doesn't belong within a 100 miles of a D1 program. ****ing disgusts me whenever I think about him and his lack of value to this team/University. Get this punk the F out of my face.

Regardless of what the super fans say, I agree with you OP. Easily the worst hire we made. Richt should have hired someone who actually has experience as a qb coach, not his son, who is clearly not qualified.

Richt coaches the qbs. Jon helps him.

Jon Richt has no business on this staff.

If the offense under performs again, Mark is going to have to pay a political price for this move.

Lol. Mark richt and brown put the offensive gameplan together. And mark richt coaches qbs and jon helps him.

Kaaya went from projected 1st round to 5th round under the tutelage of Jon Richt and Broke thinks he did great with him this year. OK
He was better this year than last year even with his offensive line performing worse

It's called a natural progression Brock. Numbers wise he was a bit better but they did little to mask his deficiencies when it counted and highlighted them instead. Anyway.......Mark Richt is the QB coach (as stated by Jon in the video above) so Kaaya's progression really doesn't have anything to do with Jon. What is his job description again (see above video)? What a complete waste of a coaching position.

Then why did you bring it up in the first place in regards to Jon?

Who would you like to replace Jon with?

You are braindead.

Because you said Jon did an awful job coaching up Kaaya, then admitted Kaaya progressed, but it was natural progression and also that his dad was QB coach so no progression could be attributed to him?

So which is it? Did Kaaya not progress and Jon did an awful job coaching him up or did Kaaya progress, but any credit goes to his dad since he coaches the QBs?

Advertisement
I'm not saying I actually think this is the case - but my worst case scenario fear when Richt took the Miami job was so that he could help his son get experience and kickstart his coaching career, and/or he was getting an early start on his So Fla retirement plans.

I have no idea if Jon can actually coach or not. But Mark Richt has players and coaches that he likes that are "his guys", and for better or worse he'll stay extremely loyal to them.

You nailed it. Pure selfish reasons in taking the job which is why he donated a million dollars last year

I'm not saying these definitely were factors, and I'm definitely not saying they were the ONLY factors in Richt taking the Miami job. But I can see them being a possibility. IMO, I'd bet that these factors at least played a part in Richt's decision. My hope is they played a small part, and my fear is they played a large part.

But I also tend to be negative and cynical.

Kaaya went from projected 1st round to 5th round under the tutelage of Jon Richt and Broke thinks he did great with him this year. OK
He was better this year than last year even with his offensive line performing worse

It's called a natural progression Brock. Numbers wise he was a bit better but they did little to mask his deficiencies when it counted and highlighted them instead. Anyway.......Mark Richt is the QB coach (as stated by Jon in the video above) so Kaaya's progression really doesn't have anything to do with Jon. What is his job description again (see above video)? What a complete waste of a coaching position.

I think it translates to dissatisfaction with the OC's performance. If a dedicated OC were hired, likely Jon's position would get dissolved. Unfortunately, there is nepotism here so that may be affecting judgement and this is coming from a huge Mark Richt supporter.

Because you said Jon did an awful job coaching up Kaaya, then admitted Kaaya progressed, but it was natural progression and also that his dad was QB coach so no progression could be attributed to him?

So which is it? Did Kaaya not progress and Jon did an awful job coaching him up or did Kaaya progress, but any credit goes to his dad since he coaches the QBs?

I like that. It's along the lines of "our recruiting sucks, we don't develop players, but a bunch of them make it to the NFL."

Kaaya would've went undrafted without this staff on board.... Lol you woke up deciding to bxtch about something you know nothing about.

And lol at these clowns acting like you all got rank to criticize?? Gtfoh

Advertisement
You weirdos think a CFB coaching staff is suppose to operate like the NFL, fire this guy fire that guy and replace him with the flavor of the month. Smh dumbasses

Only thing that really matters are wins and losses. As long as we win who the **** cares. Most of our struggles on offense this season were due to oline play, something little Richt had nothing to do with. Winning is all that matters

One thing I dislike about this board is all the negative bullsh*t. I am embarrased to be a Cane fan when I read some of these posts. I know that some of you will tell me to go pound sand because that's the way things are here. Now we are complaining about Jon Richt. Our future is very bright but we have to find something to ****** about. I remember the meltdown on this board when Manny Diaz was hired. Now everyone hopes he doesnt leave. Get us to a championship and I dont care if Richt's whole family is on the payroll. This is a results oriented business and CMR knows that. We need to trust him. Sometimes I wonder if the recruits and coaches read the sh*t on this board. If they do it would explain alot, especially with recruiting. Sometimes I wonder if we as fans are part of the problem when it comes to attracting top talent both on the coaching and recruiting front.

Last edited:
Urb just hired a proven veteran offensive guru. Like him or not (and I hate his guts), his offense stunk, and he fixed it in a monster way.

After signing day, I hope Rick takes the same approach Urb did. Recognize the weaknesses on the staff, which are recruiting and total lack of experience and skill on the offensive staff, and fix them.

If he goes into next season without making any tweaks to address those two main glaring staff weaknesses, then he will have failed the U.

Advertisement
Franchise I agree with you that some changes need to be made. Is it possible that Richt has his son on staff, works as QB coach and offensive coordinator to save money and pay his assistants more money to help retain them? He essentially is one coaching spot short. I am not sure what his budget is but if there is money available he should get someone who is creative with schemes and playcalling to help get us to the promise land. I just dont know if we have the money. **** the last I heard we havent even secured enough money to break ground on the IPF.

Last edited:
Because he is 100% unqualified for the position he holds, other than his DNA. Daddy Mark obviously needs help on the offensive side of the ball and Jon is a glorified ball boy.

He's a complete waste of a coaching position because Mark is the "offensive coordinator / QB coach". A ****ing grad assistant could do his job and probably at a higher level.

The hire ****ed me off since day 1 and he (and the offensive staff) has done little to disprove my disdain.

What exactly does Jon Richt do and what about the methods that he uses do you dislike?

Quit playing dumb dude.

[video=youtube;OoJX8iSVlBU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoJX8iSVlBU[/video]

I'm not playing dumb. What did you dislike about his work this year?

He really did a bang up job coaching up Kaaya. LULZ ******* offense was a disjointed mess for most of the year and that directly points to Mark Richt and the lack of offensive coaches to bounce things off and come up with a coherent attack.

Obviously if you're happy with our offensive performance this year as a whole then you're helpless.

What qualifies him for a Power 5 position coach genius?

thanks for clarifying it for me cause I was stupid enough to think that having mostly no talent or depth on the offensive line due to ****** previous recruiting from folden was the paramount reason for offensive issues that we all knew about before the season and from which almost all other problems derived.

Now I know better, though I still don't know one fact based with evidence reason why you think he sucks. I don't personally know that he does or doesn't suck, but was sort of raised to not act like I know facts that I don't.

So let me get this straight ... Hired by Father = Not Qualified for Position ??? Smh yall kill me man. You can't name 5 duties of this man's job let alone say he is unqualified or failing at his job. Sounds like some of yall been drinking a whole lotta this

hatorade.jpg

Advertisement

Is this a joke? You seriously can't think of a single QB coach that would be more qualified than Jon Richt? You people are straight up deluding yourselves if you think this hire was anything but nepotism. I'm sure Jon Richt was turning down offers left and right to take this job...

We could hire a real coach with real experience coaching QBs to lessen the load on Mark Richt. Maybe someone who could actually gameplan besides Mark Richt, or we could fill that spot up with a proven recruiter which we clearly need right now.

For that matter, we could also hire a dedicated special teams coach or TE coach and relegate Hartley to coaching one or the other. Or we could hire a dedicated RB coach who can recruit and just make Brown the offensive coordinator. There are a lot of options that Jon Richt restricts us from doing.

Just because other college and NFL coaches have their kids on staff doesn't make it ok to have Jon Richt on this staff. First of all, those coaches that do that have by and large already proven themselves to their teams by winning big, so it's acceptable to the fan base. If Richt had come in and won a national championship than fine have your son on staff, otherwise, I want a staff that gives the team the absolute best chance to win, and anyone who thinks Jon Richt is that guy is just defending him using no logic.

If Mark Richt thinks he is good enough to be on the staff, than that is good enough for me.

Sure, that's the thinking that NOles bought into with his mentor Bobby.... look how well that turned out !!

Worst move... when HCs hire those they can't fire... especially their own family!!

Reeks of Nepotism.... unethical to the core!!

You're talking college football, and you think nepotism is unethical? The whole system is unethical; look at the SEC.

If the head coach wants his son there, he should have him there. What a bunch of fans on the web say is irrelevant.

If you feel so strongly about it, fly a banner.

So let me get this straight ... Hired by Father = Not Qualified for Position ??? Smh yall kill me man. You can't name 5 duties of this man's job let alone say he is unqualified or failing at his job. Sounds like some of yall been drinking a whole lotta this

Yeah!! Hired by father and unqualified for position .... where have we seen this before??

Yes, from Old Bobby. Looks like Richt learnt that well from the master himself.

... hopefully we won't end up with the same results as the Noles!!

One thing I dislike about this board is all the negative bullsh*t. I am embarrased to be a Cane fan when I read some of these posts. I know that some of you will tell me to go pound sand because that's the way things are here. Now we are complaining about Jon Richt. Our future is very bright but we have to find something to ****** about. I remember the meltdown on this board when Manny Diaz was hired. Now everyone hopes he doesnt leave. Get us to a championship and I dont care if Richt's whole family is on the payroll. This is a results oriented business and CMR knows that. We need to trust him. Sometimes I wonder if the recruits and coaches read the sh*t on this board. If they do it would explain alot, especially with recruiting. Sometimes I wonder if we as fans are part of the problem when it comes to attracting top talent both on the coaching and recruiting front.

In other words..........."just win , baby"...Al Davis.....applied to our Canes?

Like you could do better...don't see your name in contention for coaching positions

We don't know that Big Sky Cane isn't really Butch or Sarkisian.

Advertisement
Back