Jon Ford Ready To Follow In Willis Footsteps...

According to multiple UM officials, Silvera started spring ball slowly but then took a major step forward during the final three weeks and exited spring a vastly improved player. He opened the spring game with a tackle for loss.

“Got my body right, I got my mind right,” he said. “Overall, coming along [but], I have a long way to go. Working with [strength and conditioning] coach [David] Feeley every day is a grind. It’s going to pay off in the end. When coach Feeley came in [in early January], I was 323. Now I’m 302. I feel better on the field and move better.”

Just don’t ask him about replacing Gerald Willis.

“Personal motivation to be like somebody else? Never that,” Silvera said. “I want to be me and achieve my own goals. I feel great about our room. Our room is very strong right now, even stronger than last year.”

Silvera had 13 tackles, including 1.5 for loss, in seven games last season. Out of Plantation American Heritage, he entered UM as Rivals’ No. 9 defensive tackle and 121st-best player in the 2018 class.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/...y-jackson/article231450738.html#storylink=cpy

Advertisement
I think we'll be pleasantly surprised by our DTs. This group of 4 (Bethel/Ford/Silvera/Nroruka) is as good as Norton/McIntosh/Bethel from 2017, better if Silver and Ford reach their potential.

Advertisement
Back