Jon Ford Ready To Follow In Willis Footsteps...

Advertisement
Advertisement
From the way Baker spoke about Silvera during the spring it seems as if Nnoruka and Bethel might be the starters on 8/24.

From the way Baker spoke about Silvera during the spring it seems as if Nnoruka and Bethel might be the starters on 8/24.
Diaz and Baker CONSISTENTLY praised Silvera man, what are you taking about?

“He is a guy that when you come back in a three month span, he has really improved himself,” Diaz said. “He is starting to do the things that you saw on his high school team with being a disruptive guy and using his quickness to be a problem to block.”

Then it was head coach Manny Diaz who complimented Ford in addition to fellow defensive tackle Nesta Silvera.

“You’re really not surprised, maybe you’re hopeful, but certainly the way Jon Fordhas played—-he’s taken a step that we’ve expected him to take,” Diaz said. “I would say 'Jade' Silvera has taken a step. He’s really a better player now than he was in December when we last saw him in New York.”

3:43 mark , baker praising nesta

Last edited:
If Nesta doesn't start than Baker isn't the real D-coord we're looking for. The nastiest dude on the team needs to be on the field. Ask Suh about that! This is football, not politics.
If Bethel and baby fat chigoze are starting ... every game gonna look like Wisconsin up front. Total start the seniors move and would be stupid cause athletically and mean wise they aren’t on Ford and Jade’s level.

Advertisement
If Nesta doesn't start than Baker isn't the real D-coord we're looking for. The nastiest dude on the team needs to be on the field. Ask Suh about that! This is football, not politics.
Baker seems like the introverted version of Manny. Both are slimeballs. Nesta will start for sure.

S/O @one98d for reacting to my post as "dumb" and keeping it moving. We need more lurkers like him on this board.

Advertisement
Here is what I was referring to regarding Silvera. Seems like they're pushing him to be more mature. Bethel and Nnoruka have a ton of experience while Silvera had trouble cracking the 2-deep in 2018 and then began the spring with the 3rd team, indicating further that they expect more from him. Don't sleep on Nnoruka. He put up 49 tackles and 8.5 TFL in 2017. They brought him here for a reason.

Last edited:
Advertisement
We have a good problem at DT fellas.

I just rewatched a lot of snaps on defense from last year. Bethel was better than he gets credit for around here. I was pleasantly surprised by the tape on him. My original thought was we're in trouble if he starts. I'm not so sure now depending on who's lining up next to him and who we're playing against. Bethel is a solid pass rushing DT and diagnosis plays quickly. I would absolutely have Bethel starting on passing downs.

Ford is a massive human being and should have a long NFL career if he figures it out. He should be starting over anyone on the roster at DT with his size and now being an upperclassmen. It's time to **** off get off the pot.

Nesta is having growing pains but if someone wanted to bet me right now he won't be a 1st or 2nd day round pick barring injury...I'd take the bet. He will be starting by mid season if not earlier.

The big boy from Jax reminded the staff of Norton. He wasn't ready like Norton and it wouldn't be terrible if he shirted this season. There's a chance one of the incoming frosh DT's will be ready for snaps to give him more time.

The UCLA kid has experience but who knows. He played in the PAC-10. I don't trust that conference's tape to judge defenders. The amount of 1st round DL busts from that conference is off the charts. I'm sure UF is still higher in 1st round busts than any team in the PAC-10 on DL, but that's not saying much.

Overall, keep in mind DT's take longer to mature than any position on the field.

Advertisement
Back