Jon Ford Ready To Follow In Willis Footsteps...

Advertisement
Sucks Nnoruka couldn’t get here for the spring(same with Hill) as I think he will start. Not going to lie though, the DT rotation should be pretty good assuming Nesta, Ford, Bethel, Nnoruka, and Miller play up to potential this year. There’s experience and youth. Helps the young DTs and gives them potential to RS because they definitely need it.

Advertisement
Ford and Nesta stepping up with Bethel and that UCLA transfer getting heavy rotation would be ideal. But I'm not sure Nesta is quite ready for that yet. And if Jordan Miller steps up and earns some PT this year, I'll be excited.

We may lack depth at DE, but I'm really excited for out DLine.
Looks like the light coming on for nesta

Baker was raving about him

Ford was my favorite recruit in his class, I've been hoping and waiting for him to flash. It's a dam shame we couldn't redshirt him as a freshman.
Ford and Derrick Smith were my two sleepers in that class. Smith has done well. Let's hope Ford can step up this season and solidify the middle. Kid definitely has the size.

Last edited:
Ford and Nesta stepping up with Bethel and that UCLA transfer getting heavy rotation would be ideal. But I'm not sure Nesta is quite ready for that yet. And if Jordan Miller steps up and earns some PT this year, I'll be excited.

We may lack depth at DE, but I'm really excited for out DLine.
You talking lack of numbers at de or just not many proven guys? Because number wise they have enough.

Advertisement
I dont understand why ford didn't get red-shirted his freshmen year. He came in late and he really didnt play.

Good to hear that Ford is kicking it up a notch. He's a Jr now, so it's his time to shine.

No one will replace Willis this year, but we should still be productive and a problem for just about everyone on the schedule.

Getting the DT xfer from UCLA was necessary.

But then again, very few predicted Willis would dominate as he did...some wrote him off as a head case

Last year, Willis was really special and after the year off he took he returned and truly became an unblockable beast.

IF anyone can approach his production I'm sure we're ALL for it ...but will anyone reach his level this year? Let's hope they all try

Advertisement
Advertisement
Sucks Nnoruka couldn’t get here for the spring(same with Hill) as I think he will start. Not going to lie though, the DT rotation should be pretty good assuming Nesta, Ford, Bethel, Nnoruka, and Miller play up to potential this year. There’s experience and youth. Helps the young DTs and gives them potential to RS because they definitely need it.
Agree, RS is the key for us. Stock piling future 1st rounders. And not just Dline.

With or without Trevon playing his best, we are fine at DE. We absolutely NEED a real dog in the middle....everyone last year outside of Willis were serviceable at best. We have been an easy escape in the middle running the ball for teams over the years since Forklift and when that happens, thus our DE over pursue to the outside to be heros and they run underneath them.

We absolutely would be dominant if we could shut down the middle with dominant DT play...not to mention the backers having a banner senior year backing them up.

UM

The thing that gets overlooked up the most is how many times last year bethel consistently was collasping pockets, while he didnt get the tackle or sack alot of times, his play opened it up for othersrs to make the play, bethel is no chop liver!

I dont understand why ford didn't get red-shirted his freshmen year. He came in late and he really didnt play.

Lost an entire season for 1 game. Awful roster management on Kool's part.

Advertisement
Back