Jon Ford coming back for another season

Advertisement
He must've heard who the the new DC is if he's going to leave all this NFL money on the table!

Jokes aside, everyone is right that is saying this is good for depth and in relation to the rotation. These are the types of kids that would leave (entirely too) early in the past and then we'd be fizucked depth wise at certain spots as soon as injuries started to happen.

Here's to a kid like this actually making some sort of step forward this season and the right move in staying actually translating into NFL $ too.

Coastal here we come...............

1610576967478.png

Advertisement
Depth is always important and cant have enough veterans with potential for injuries etc but this is another position like WR...lot of bodies. Does someone get impatient and want to leave?? Nesta, Ford, Hunte, Bliss, LT, Miller, Roberts, Holley

Lo
You can't have enough age, depth and size on the interior DL.

Hopefully the new DL Coach can help him take his game to the next le
You can't have enough age, depth and size on the interior DL.

Hopefully the new DL Coach can help him take his game to the next level.
Love this move, like you said. He is another year in the weight room didn’t redshirt so he gets five years to play and be stronger!

man that is the truth good to see guys come back get stronger better add depth..... Ford is an above average DT, maybe not an NFL high pick but will be in camp somewhere next year
Huge to get him back. 5th year DT is nice to have
"Above average"..why would you say that?

"Huge"? Miller not sufficient for the role? Understand the need for "grown men" v Bama - but we're getting hammered regardless. And whose development does he stunt by taking reps?

Advertisement
I get you may be frustrated, but to say a 20/21yr old college athlete can't get bigger/stronger/better(with new better coaching) is kind of ridiculous. At least at the DT position, where it's not really a skills or intelligence issue... Now.. he does need to have the personal drive to accomplish it.. but physically, getting a little faster, stronger and better technique is definitely in the scope.
Not fustrated at all just know he is what is. He’s a depth player he ain’t making any major leap. Y’all always think somebody trying to bad mouth. You been watching the same games as me or nah

Respectfully, I don't buy that. He CAN change if he puts the time in and if we get the right coach. If Simpson or Partridge come in for the DL, Ford will have every opportunity to take his pro-level physical tools to the next level. He can prove us all wrong and work his tail off and shock the CFB world. He has that kind of latent ability. He just needs to put himself through **** and be deadly serious for the next 11 months.
He’s been 4 years. Keep waiting lol

Advertisement
I get you may be frustrated, but to say a 20/21yr old college athlete can't get bigger/stronger/better(with new better coaching) is kind of ridiculous. At least at the DT position, where it's not really a skills or intelligence issue... Now.. he does need to have the personal drive to accomplish it.. but physically, getting a little faster, stronger and better technique is definitely in the scope.
Not to mention personal drive can change.

if he plays with the relentlessness of someone like silvera, and can stay healthy, he can be a real factor. gerald willis didn't put it all together until his last year and then he was unblockable.

if ford an give you 20-25 quality snaps a game, i'll take it.
Willis was a beast his whole career even at UF he’s was just a mental case.

Advertisement
Been 8 years and I’m still waiting for you to make a good post
You prolly one of them same dudes that was slurping when we signed Tommy Kennedy. Canes fans gotta get realistic. Also make sure y’all keep the same energy when y’all in the threads bashing Pope and Wiggins 😂😂😂

Advertisement
Back