John Clough on offensive/defensive staff

Like I said....I have no idea who this is, but tweeted this out earlier.

'Canes Offensive Staff: HC: Richt; QB: J.Richt; OL: Sales; RB: Brown; WR: Beard; TE: Scott

'Canes Defensive Staff: DC: Aranda; DL: Kuligowski; LB: Brown; DB: Raymond; ST: Hartley

So, this is happening...?

Advertisement

'Canes Offensive Staff: HC: Richt; QB: J.Richt; OL: Sales; RB: Brown; WR: Beard; TE: Scott

'Canes Defensive Staff: DC: Aranda; DL: Kuligowski; LB: Brown; DB: Raymond; ST: Hartley

So, this is happening...?

well so far, he’s wrong about sales, beard, and brown. with a very high chance of being wrong on Aranda or raymond and possibly Scott.

basically he just guessed kuligowski and assumed j richt was coming...like the rest of us

The dreaded twitter follow observation strikes again! This time -- tenns WR coach azzani recently followed the state of the u account. Lol..

FWIW.

Advertisement

This dude still hasn't been proven wrong, Woaw! Dr. Nostra-Clough

Last edited:

This dude still hasn't been proven wrong!!! Nostra-Clough

He's been proven wrong. There's reports that sale has accepted a job elsewhere. I believe someome said ULM

He's been proven wrong. There's reports that sale has accepted a job elsewhere. I believe someome said ULM

Hurlie was also fired as well so he's out as LB coach.

Advertisement

You're right, Sales. Didnt see Hurlie .Ok, but hit on Kuligowski, Brown, Hartley. Pretty **** good and I would imagine that some positions were somewhat still fluid at the time. Still looking good on Beard and Scott retention too and J.Richt.

You're right, Sales. Didnt see Hurlie .Ok, but hit on Kuligowski, Brown, Hartley. Pretty **** good and I would imagine that some positions were somewhat still fluid at the time. Still looking good on Beard and Scott retention too and J.Richt.

Jon Richt as a assistant and Hartley as ST coach....im down for it....all we need now is to get Aranda and Raymond

He can still nail down DC and DB coach haha looking forward to see if he's right. Also looking forward to watching Aranda's defense very closely tonight

The dreaded twitter follow observation strikes again! This time -- tenns WR coach azzani recently followed the state of the u account. Lol..

FWIW.

Would be an unmitigated disaster. *** is a fantastic recruiter, but their WR production is historically horrid. Atrocious on every level. I would want Coley to go pro in favor of losing stock.

Advertisement

Different Brown...lol.

FWIW.

Would be an unmitigated disaster. *** is a fantastic recruiter, but their WR production is historically horrid. Atrocious on every level. I would want Coley to go pro in favor of losing stock.

Well, it's also partly because their qbs have been abysmal.

Different Brown...lol.

Which Brown would he be refering to as our new LB coach if he is not refering to our former LB coach Hurlie Brown?

Advertisement
My vote would be for Neil Callaway to be the OL coach. He coached at Georgia from 2001-2006 and only left Georgia to be the Head Coach at UAB, so it isn't as though he was let go from his job.

While at Georgia he recruited Dan Inman from North Carolina, who started 48 games and was all-conference, Max Jean-Gilles who started 38 games, was all-conference, and was drafted into the NFL. Nick Jones was a lightly recruited player who started 39 games and was a solid player. Ken Shackleford was a three-star player and was drafted under Callaway. Fernando Velasco was a hard-working overachiever who started 26 games and then carved out a nice NFL career. Chris Davis came out of high school at 245 pounds and was a two-star on ESPN. He made 40 starts and was a good player. Josh Davis was a two-star on ESPN and made 21 starts and was a solid player.

Recruiting, signing, and developing seven players into multiple year starters is pretty solid considering there would've been several OL already there when he got there. He is now the Western Kentucky OL coach and has done a phenomenal job there.

Stacy Searels was another OL coach under Richt at Georgia. He left to take a lateral job at Texas though and then was relieved of his duties after a few seasons. He is now at Virginia Tech as their OL coach in 2014 and 2015. He might be available due to the uncertainty with their coaches as well. I don't know anything about the relationship with Richt though since he left for a lateral job.

Before Georgia he was at LSU, so he knows big-time coaching.

Searels had four players drafted that he brought in (Clint Boling, Justin Anderson, Cordy Glenn, Ben Jones) and had four all-conference players during his time there (Boling, Glenn, Jones, and Chris Burnette). He also brought in Trinton Sturdivant and got him ready to start as a true freshman- becoming the first true freshman T to start opening day for Georgia. Knee injuries ruined his career. He also developed a player- Kolton Houston- who had multiple leg injuries, but was good enough to beat out 5-star OT John Theus who was benched for Houston. Theus was moved over to LT after another injury, but never did beat out Houston.

He would be my top choice if I knew anything about the relationship between he and Richt.

Stacy Searels was another OL coach under Richt at Georgia. He left to take a lateral job at Texas though and then was relieved of his duties after a few seasons. He is now at Virginia Tech as their OL coach in 2014 and 2015. He might be available due to the uncertainty with their coaches as well. I don't know anything about the relationship with Richt though since he left for a lateral job.

Before Georgia he was at LSU, so he knows big-time coaching.

Searels had four players drafted that he brought in (Clint Boling, Justin Anderson, Cordy Glenn, Ben Jones) and had four all-conference players during his time there (Boling, Glenn, Jones, and Chris Burnette). He also brought in Trinton Sturdivant and got him ready to start as a true freshman- becoming the first true freshman T to start opening day for Georgia. Knee injuries ruined his career. He also developed a player- Kolton Houston- who had multiple leg injuries, but was good enough to beat out 5-star OT John Theus who was benched for Houston. Theus was moved over to LT after another injury, but never did beat out Houston.

He would be my top choice if I knew anything about the relationship between he and Richt.

It will be either Searles or Callaway

Advertisement
Back