John Clough on offensive/defensive staff

Advertisement
Just don't see aranda here. Kul will be a tough pull and would require a co-DC type role. Same kind of deal goes for Raymond - he's a lifetime LSU guy....would be an impressive hire but I can't see him leaving for a lateral move. Best case scenario - we get one of those 2 guys as a
Position coach and a DC

He (Kul) is ***ing unemployed. Amazing!

What is your guys obsession with the fact that this guy is unemployed?

He didn't get along with Odom and Odom didn't give him the DC job so they went their separate ways. It's not like this guy is starving for work and been looking for a job

He is currently unemployed but let's not pretend he only has a choice between us or staying unemployed. If he is that good I am sure he is weighing multiple options.

Advertisement
I'm
Too many coaches for that to be accurate. I think you can only have 10, and that list has 11 names.

I'd like to get Stoutland back at UM. He has to know there is heat on Chip Kelly ...

Like I said....I have no idea who this is, but tweeted this out earlier.

'Canes Offensive Staff: HC: Richt; QB: J.Richt; OL: Sales; RB: Brown; WR: Beard; TE: Scott

'Canes Defensive Staff: DC: Aranda; DL: Kuligowski; LB: Brown; DB: Raymond; ST: Hartley

Stoutland's name was all over the Nevin ****tpiro scandal.
No way he ever works at UM again.

I didn't remember that. You make a very valid point.

Who would you suggest at OL coach, that's a realistic get?

I guess the Tennessee Titans may have some staff turnover, so maybe Mike Sullivan is the guy??

He is currently unemployed but let's not pretend he only has a choice between us or staying unemployed. If he is that good I am sure he is weighing multiple options.

Okay. His offer for a promotion was DC at Illinois. Perhaps when you're unemployed you lose some leverage.

He didn't get along with Odom and Odom didn't give him the DC job so they went their separate ways. It's not like this guy is starving for work and been looking for a job

My obsession is with logic.

He is looking for a job as he is unemployed.

Just don't see aranda here. Kul will be a tough pull and would require a co-DC type role. Same kind of deal goes for Raymond - he's a lifetime LSU guy....would be an impressive hire but I can't see him leaving for a lateral move. Best case scenario - we get one of those 2 guys as a
Position coach and a DC

Yep.

Advertisement

He will/has alot of possibilities, especially in a few days when the NFL
jobs start opening up.

He will/has alot of possibilities, especially in a few days when the NFL
jobs start opening up.

Okay. So even though the NFL could have came anytime over the last few years, they will come now that he is unemployed. Perhaps when you're unemployed you lose some leverage.

This guy cannot call plays next year at Miami. He has no experience at it either. Also we have the funds to get a top notch DC. Why let him call the plays?

If you want to give him some bullchit title, that is fine and irrelevant.

Position coach and a DC

Lol, so what? Good coaches get snapped up
Quickly. It's analogous to richt. Besides, if Kul is as good of a coach as you all make him out to be, I'm sure other programs are after him - Supposedly muschamp is interested in him as per the SC boards. This is not hard to figure out. I'm not saying offer him $1m to be DC but if you don't think there will be other big time schools looking to hire him, you're being naive

Position coach and a DC

Lol, so what? Good coaches get snapped up
Quickly. It's analogous to richt. Besides, if Kul is as good of a coach as you all make him out to be, I'm sure other programs are after him - Supposedly muschamp is interested in him as per the SC boards. This is not hard to figure out. I'm not saying offer him $1m to be DC but if you don't think there will be other big time schools looking to hire him, you're being naive

This feels irrelevant now that he is our DL coach but...So he loses some leverage being unemployed. Given his only only DC offer was at a cesspool of Illinois, perhaps a DL gig is the best he will get. I have no problem naming him some bullchit title as long as he is the DL coach and not calling plays.

Advertisement

Okay. His offer for a promotion was DC at Illinois. Perhaps when you're unemployed you lose some leverage.

He may still have some leverage if indeed he has more than just (hypothetically) one offer from Richt. If he is coveted by multiple parties that can increase his bargaining power.

He may still have some leverage if indeed he has more than just (hypothetically) one offer from Richt. If he is coveted by multiple parties that can increase his bargaining power.

Well it is irrelevant now and he is the DL coach. As expected he is a DL coach. If they give him a bogus title, he is still the DL coach.

Would absolutely love for Corey Raymond to be at Miami. It might even trump the kuligowski hire. The best db coach and the best db recruiter

Advertisement

Well it is irrelevant now and he is the DL coach. As expected he is a DL coach. If they give him a bogus title, he is still the DL coach.

Yeah, just saw that. Great news! We needed some after yesterday's debacle.

Advertisement
Back