John Campbell committing July 3rd

Ima be honest, I don't like Campbell, really at All. I have not been impressed with him one bit whether on tape or in a camp setting (especially not a camp setting).

Then you must hate all OL tape because Campbell's is unquestionably good, and pretty much the entire SEC has offered him based on that.

The hate on this kid is weird, given how little you can tell from 1 on 1s in a camp. Then again literally every single recruit has been bashed in some form on here. Worst fans in the country for a reason

Whether people admit it or not. All the hate on him is based on him being beat a few times on the 1 on1 camp videos. He gets overpowered in them.

Weird that a lot of these same people loved the Herbert pickup when his tape (both camps and game) is worse

Agreed that last video of Herbert he got beat like 6 straight times 1 vs 1.

Advertisement
Ima be honest, I don't like Campbell, really at All. I have not been impressed with him one bit whether on tape or in a camp setting (especially not a camp setting).

Then you must hate all OL tape because Campbell's is unquestionably good, and pretty much the entire SEC has offered him based on that.

The hate on this kid is weird, given how little you can tell from 1 on 1s in a camp. Then again literally every single recruit has been bashed in some form on here. Worst fans in the country for a reason

This...

Here goes Broke, always talking **** and taking shots at posters. Then he will act all offended and wonder why he gets picked on after he just tries to bring info to the board.

STFU GTFO Duck A55

This...

Here goes Broke, always talking **** and taking shots at posters. Then he will act all offended and wonder why he gets picked on after he just tries to bring info to the board.

STFU GTFO Duck A55
You a fan of me, get your mimd off me. Go get some money, go fvck your girl or something but quit worrying about me. Seriously though I was just agreeing with what he said with the recruit bashing and thoughts on Campbell as a prospect

Last edited:

This...

STFU GTFO Duck A55

You are still corny for always f u c king w him. Pick on me west.. I'll be your huckleberry.. Stay derailing threads.. send him a pm but stop ruining threads..

Last edited:
Advertisement

That first sentence literally makes no sense. You act like he has the best tape ever or something, or that he is by far the best prospect in the country. "Must hate all ol tape" "unquestionably good" ....really dude? lol. Stop acting like this kid is ******* Joe Thomas out there. He isn't one of the top 5 OL in Florida. His tape is not good enough that you can say "oh well if you don't like his tape you wont like anyones". Thats just not true. And hey, he may be unquestionably good, but thats not what I'm questioning, I'm questioning if he's good enough to be a Miami Hurricane and be apart of this Elite Storm18 class, not if he's good enough to play at UF or South Carolina or some ****. If he was unquestionably Miami talent he'd be dominant on tape and camp setting. He isn't (on either imo), so I'll continue questioning his skill.

Yall be acting like because you don't like 100% of the players this staff likes that we are bad fans. its ******* stupid. I do trust this staff. I believe we will eventually win another National Championship with this staff, and this recruiting class will have a lot to do with it, but that doesn't mean every recruit we get will be a great player or that every single person NEEDS to like every recruit we get over other we miss out on/don't go after. I'm not "hating" for the sake of hating. I just don't think that Campbell will be a good player. Same way I think Scaife will be a great player here.

But go ahead and continue calling us the "worst fans in the country". ****, Are you even a Canes fan? Cause I'd never say that.

Oh i'm sorry, i guess nobody else in the world can look at tape and form an opinion. My bad. Please forgive my incompetence.
Don't you know it's a rule to NEVER question the coaching staff because they are ALWAYS right???? Fans are no longer allowed to have opinions

Considering the talent we got this last recruiting cycle and the talent we have and in the running for this year the fans should sit down and be quiet because 99% of the time they don't know what the **** they are talking about haha so obnoxious. Fans know all! Can't understand why they aren't coaches! Mind blowing! This kid is being recruited by OSU, Bama, etc and you want to question the evaluation of our staff lol geez

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First, nobody is denying this staff has brought in a lot of talent. And nobody is trashing the staff either.....or the kid. He has some good tape and shows a nasty streak, but also has some questionable tape/clips. Oline and QB are the 2 most difficult positions to project bc so much coaching and technical work is required.....along with instincts and improvisation.

In this case, all some have said is they don't get the hype some are giving him....the same is said about 5* kids of Top15 NFL picks. It doesn't mean they think he's a horrible prospect, just that they have questions or like others more. That's ok! Coaches do miss.....even the best miss, not only HS evaluations but NFL 1st rounders. And yes...Richt has missed as well. Guys will fail. Not every kid is a home run. Some 3 star kids like McIntosh and Norton will develop and shine while others will never play a meaningful snap. It is OK to have an opinion as long as you back it up with more than just "that's dumb". Watch a little tape. How do you feel about Campbell's drop step? What about his punch and hand placement? See if he sinks his hips or keeps them elevated, allowing guys into his frame and losing leverage. Balls of feet vs flatfooted. Wide base vs narrow. Most is coachable....as long as you can break habits. Some may be limited athletically. As i said, the kid looks athletic in his HS spring drills....but in other camp clips he looked overwhelmed. I'm looking forward to see him in games this year as a senior with more strength and experience.

The thing with your analysis is, IMO, your pinpointing the wrong things. Yes, he does look athletic in the HS spring drills. But, he also looks equally athletic on his HS tape (and even in the camp setting). The biggest concern with him is his power and holding up at the point of attack against the stronger prospects. Even in the camp drills where he's getting beat, he's not being run around. He's doing a good job of mirroring the rusher with his feet (good athleticism and good feet are a constant with him), he's just getting overpowered at the point of contact and being pushed off balance.

So, I agree that he needs to do a better job sitting down in his drop, but strongly disagree that he needs major work on his feet. Obviously he needs work on technique (what HS OL with a promise of upside doesn't?). But his naturally swift feet combined with his big frame may be his biggest strengths and are the main reason the cream of the crop schools are after him IMO

Fair response - but i was pinpointing the wrong things to show why i didn't get the same hype others have about him bc of those things and why i think he brings more risk than others with better technique. I still said he had some good tape and nasty streak you love in linemen. I disagree on the feet though. He doesn't get beat clean wide, but he does allow his hips/body to get turned. That's setting a base and being square....which starts with the feet and finishes with sinking the hips....he's a little disconnected there and needs to clean it up a bit. It's almost like his feet just stop, which causes him to turn and reach. It happened a few times in the camp clips and also in the game tapes....except in games, he usually grabbed the defender and threw him to the ground or upfield. I watched a few different camps...in 2 he struggled, in 1 he looked good. So again, he has tools to work with and i'll be looking forward to seeing how he progresses this year but i like other guys more at this point.

Advertisement
This is best cot**** Twitter commitment date announcement I've ever seen.

[TWEET]876950290636963841[/TWEET]

Love the white gloves.

He was a germophobe.

Cbmslr.gif

Is there a specific reason why you guys are cracking on a kids uncle who passed away?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is there a specific reason why you guys are cracking on a kids uncle who passed away?

Why does this site even have mods? Seems like if you have thousands of posts you can say and do whatever you want.
Not necessary to involve mods, I was honestly just asking if there was reason because I didn't get it.

We're all grown ups here, if we disagree or don't understand something we should be able to discuss it.

Why does this site even have mods? Seems like if you have thousands of posts you can say and do whatever you want.

You want to know how many of my posts have been deleted by mods? Love the mods but this place is a god **** prison at times.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back