2023 Joenel Aguero - Safety - Commitment, 7.23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this chap wants to be at Miami. The issues os if UGA drops 1.5 or 2 mill or whatever big bag. That's life changing, your mom could buy a house, start a business. I think our challenge is showing these kids that with the amount of opportunities in SO FL they could make all that back and its better for long term growth etc. Atleast That's how i view these NIL wars and the dynamics. I could be wrong

Advertisement
Mario walking in like...
Blue Steel GIF

@Baba Yaga need Mario's face here. Thanks in advance

I think this chap wants to be at Miami. The issues os if UGA drops 1.5 or 2 mill or whatever big bag. That's life changing, your mom could buy a house, start a business. I think our challenge is showing these kids that with the amount of opportunities in SO FL they could make all that back and its better for long term growth etc. Atleast That's how i view these NIL wars and the dynamics. I could be wrong

Most of these cats want to be here and as I’ve said “ just be somewhere in the ball park“. We never have to be the best deal.

Most of these cats want to be here and as I’ve said “ just be somewhere in the ball park“. We never have to be the best deal.
do u think this is gonna be a mauigoa situation where nobody knows tell the last 24?

Advertisement
Just curious about the bolded part, something I’ve always wondered - how often have you seen it backfire on a coach/schools when he’s basically bugging the **** out of a recruit because he’s leaning elsewhere and about to commit?

Maybe I’m way off-base, but I imagine that **** can be infuriating if your mind is pretty much made up at a certain point.
It's not bugging the **** out of the recruit when they are calling to talk dollars 🤑

Not saying UGA isn’t an ideal place for a recruit of his caliber or position. But if an elite recruit took the short term 1.5-2 mil likely over 3-4 years. ($500k-$600k) over the long term $$ of a top 12 selection in the 1st rd. which is around where an elite db should be selected. Then they’re selling themselves short. And in this case both UM and UGA can offer the path to be selected high in the draft. UGA has benefit of playing in the SEC.Meanwhile Miami can become a perennial powerhouse again under Mario. Both would get National spotlight. I think it will simply come down to relationship and environment of the school. in our case we have Addae working on him.

Advertisement
Not saying UGA isn’t an ideal place for a recruit of his caliber or position. But if an elite recruit took the short term 1.5-2 mil likely over 3-4 years. ($500k-$600k) over the long term $$ of a top 12 selection in the 1st rd. which is around where an elite db should be selected. Then they’re selling themselves short. And in this case both UM and UGA can offer the path to be selected high in the draft. UGA has benefit of playing in the SEC.Meanwhile Miami can become a perennial powerhouse again under Mario. Both would get National spotlight. I think it will simply come down to relationship and environment of the school. in our case we have Addae working on him.
Im assuming he would go to the pros at either. Im talking about money he would make in College in terms of getting a bag now or making it in multiple NIL opportunities in Miami who has been of the best at it so far.

Conference play don't make people go pro. The SEC sends more players to the pros cuz they have more teams in the top 25 recruiting than any other. Vandy, SC and Mizzou play there and they dont send more players to the NFL than we do. Its a myth created by CBS and ESPN to tag Bama, UGA and LSU success onto every other school in there, which they then benefit from the narrative.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back