Joe Salave’a

Patridge's defense ranked #2 in the country in sacks and #5 in TFLs. I think sacks and TFLs is a good indication of strong dline play.
Well... yes and no.
I would put "rushing yards allowed" over sacks and TFL's.

Sacks and TFL's are splash plays but they're meaningless if you're allowing teams to run the ball down your throat the rest of the time.

Advertisement
As a % of 5* players?

Probably not a lot relatively speaking. 5* guys have a huge hit rate.

****, we had one for Cali for a year and “developed” him into a first rounder.
22% a 5 Star player becomes a 1st Rounder. Go look at 5 Star recruit's from the last 20 years and you will see almost half of them don't amount to anything big. Lorenzo lingard and Mark Pope we're 5 Star guys, never amounted to anything

Advertisement
oregon-ducks-scrimmage-at-franklin-high-school-e343c95d923c6d65.jpg
Big Poly getting ready to do the "Bring me. some poi" Haka.

Advertisement
Well... yes and no.

Sacks and TFL's are splash plays but they're meaningless if you're allowing teams to run the ball down your throat the rest of the time.
Oregon tied for #36 nationally
MIami was #48

Y’all arguing about Polynesian players?
They don’t like going too far away from the west coast.
Even Bama had to move an entire family and as soon as one of them got drafted the Polynesian demographic probably dropped to 0.00 in tuskkkaloosa.

Idgaf if our dline coach was from Zimbabwe. If he can coach and recruit and develop bring him here.
But we can argue later cause we ain’t signing anything unless the staff is set up. Mario is a **** of a recruiter but not having coordinators and position coaches in place by signing day is gonna be a problem

Advertisement
Someone enlighten me, but how can he be ranked the 5th best DL coach in the nation, when his defense is ranked #93 in sacks and #106 in TFLs?

Our was ranked alot higher than Oregon's in theae two categories.
That was Manure's scheme. TFL and SACKS but give up the middle of the field, gap integrity, and no contain from DE's.. So you do the math, if Manure's defense was so good why did he have the record he had at Miami? Did you watch the UNC game?

Well... yes and no.

Thank you. I was looking for someone with more X and O knowledge to help me with this. 👍🏾

Advertisement
Well... yes and no.

Ok I just checked. Their rushing defense is ranked #37. Pittsburgh is #6

Advertisement
Back