Joe Salave’a

Advertisement
Different style of defense. Sacks and TFL aren't really a good indication of DL Play, Manny Diaz defense is constantly attacking so his DLs will have a ton of sacks and TFLs.
Patridge's defense ranked #2 in the country in sacks and #5 in TFLs. I think sacks and TFLs is a good indication of strong dline play.

Advertisement
just dont think he moves all the way over here unless its for a promotion ala a dc position. rare for a polynesian to be on the east coast.

Joe: Hi, I'm Joe.
Jess:
emma-watson-smile.gif

Someone enlighten me, but how can he be ranked the 5th best DL coach in the nation, when his defense is ranked #93 in sacks and #106 in TFLs?

Our was ranked alot higher than Oregon's in theae two categories.
And where was our defense ranked in points allowed? 90 teams allowed fewer points than Mannys defense this year

Advertisement
Meh.. idk how to feel more than likely this is the hire. Like others said our budget is on par with Bama I’d rather go out snd get an elite coach.
There have been so many names thrown around over the past few days there’s no way to really know what’s going on or who leads. I trust that we finally have an adult in the room to make the right decision for the program so I will wait and see with excitement.

Well he also just developed Kavon Thibodeaux into a very likely 1st overall pick... Mario has worked with him for the last 5 year's, if he didn't think he was a good DL Coach then he's not bringing him plain and simple

did he land him as a recruit?

I’m not that impressed with turning a 5*, can’t miss prospect, into a high draft pick.

Especially when the rest of the non-5* front was on skates against Utah.

Did he land the 5*? That would be impressive.

Meh.. idk how to feel more than likely this is the hire. Like others said our budget is on par with Bama I’d rather go out snd get an elite coach.
The man is getting paid 550,000k at Oregon. If the assistant budget is 8 million I think he’s held in high esteem if we’re going over that. A position coach making over 1/16 of the overall budget when coordinators like Brady are in play says something

did he land him as a recruit?

I’m not that impressed with turning a 5*, can’t miss prospect, into a high draft pick.

Especially when the rest of the non-5* front was on skates against Utah.

Did he land the 5*? That would be impressive.
Do you have any idea how many 5 Star recruit's don't turn into anything? Idk who you are, developing a #1 Overall pick is no joke

Advertisement
There have been so many names thrown around over the past few days there’s no way to really know what’s going on or who leads. I trust that we finally have an adult in the room to make the right decision for the program so I will wait and see with excitement.
Ehh actually going through this thread I wouldn’t mind the hire. I trust cristobal with his staff

Advertisement
Might be an unpopular opinion, but I actually don't mind this hire at all. I've long liked the physicality of Samoans in football. We need some more on the lines. Naturally big, tough, strong, and hard working.
Was thinking that very thing, I dont know much about him however that isnt saying much as I dont spend enough time following these coaches as some, but those poly dudes are usually mean and arent afraid to get on these boys if they arent putting in the work to get better. from his picture i doubt you would see any DL dancing on the sidelines while getting beat by little brother down the street either.

Do you have any idea how many 5 Star recruit's don't turn into anything? Idk who you are, developing a #1 Overall pick is no joke

As a % of 5* players?

Probably not a lot relatively speaking. 5* guys have a huge hit rate.

****, we had one for Cali for a year and “developed” him into a first rounder.

But that's not all on dline play.
Take UM out of the equation (if tho I brought it up). My point is,. why is he ranked top 5 with those types of stats?
Especially compared to Partridge?
This is a genuine question. I really want to know.

Blah...

Again, I’ll wait until the staff is done before I truly judge but I’d be disappointed wit that. Ya’ll want Polynesian kids, I get it..I guess lol. I want talented DL recruits and a DL coach that is CERTIFIED. If your biggeet reason for wanting this guy is “I mean, he is Polynesian!” Then, we can do better lol.

As for you all bringing up that “list”....

1.) That is just a random persons opinion, so what?
2.) That same “list” that ya’ll are crediting doesn’t have our rb room has a top 50 in the country. That same “list” also has TVD as the #21 QB this season. So again, who cares about this “list”. I can’t believe that it’s being referenced, lol.

I believe Oregon is done with classes at the moment, so their coaches could be down here for whatever reason. Obviously he is a candidate if he was here but, I wouldn’t take that as a sign it’s done. JMO

You’re a Debbie downer on recruits and coaching threads. “Wake me up when he visits” as an example. Let the excitement enter your veins, he’s Polynesian bro!! 🙂

Advertisement
Back