Joe Jackson

Advertisement
So is it pathetic when Ja Morant potentially goes picks 1-3 in the NBA draft this summer and guys from powerhouses like Unc and Kentucky go after him?

No, that’s not what I was saying. And that’s a really poor comparison.

Morant showed out in the NCAA tournament. Who did the tackle from Soiux Falls show out against?

You cant make this stuff up. Fans are mad at the nfl for sheldrick redwine not being drafted earlier. It’s a conspiracy I tell you.
Willis numbers are better than every DT taken before him except quinnen williams who played 3 extra games. Joe had more production than a lot of the DEs taken before him.. Rashan gary went 12th and has 9.5 sacks in his career. Joe had 9.5 last year.

So since the 2015 draft the only ones who made smart decisions leaving were Artie Burns and Njoku. Kaayas struggled to stay on teams, Yearby is out of football, Walton is likely out of football, Norton and Mac will struggle to stay on teams, Jackson has fallen to possibly the 5th round, Homer is likely 5th round, Boulware is still searching for his brain. Let me know if I forgot about anyone.

Advertisement
No, that’s not what I was saying. And that’s a really poor comparison.

Morant showed out in the NCAA tournament. Who did the tackle from Soiux Falls show out against?
You basically said it’s pathetic for kids who go to lower tiered schools to get drafted before kids from Miami. And Morant has showed out all season long so get caught up on times.

Reading this board its like folks think the NFL has conspired against the Canes. Maybe the nfl isnt as impressed with our ‘top 5 D’ as our fanbase is.

Most people on this board do not watch anything else but Canes football. They have no context to a single one of their takes outside of Miami used to be a pro football factory. If all you watch is Miami football, you probably think some of our players are nationally relevant when they are second team or honorable mention All-Conference at best. Then its a series of moved goalposts and conspiracy angles to justify any of their takes.
Only Miami fans expect their honorable mention All-Conference players from a 7-6 team that test in the 6th percentile as an athlete to be drafted in Round 2 or 3.

Advertisement
So since the 2015 draft the only ones who made smart decisions leaving were Artie Burns and Njoku. Kaayas struggled to stay on teams, Yearby is out of football, Walton is likely out of football, Norton and Mac will struggle to stay on teams, Jackson has fallen to possibly the 5th round, Homer is likely 5th round, Boulware is still searching for his brain. Let me know if I forgot about anyone.
McIntosh will be ok assuming he's over his medical problems.

Jackson was a senior, so he didn't have any choice about staying!

Most people on this board do not watch anything else but Canes football. They have no context to a single one of their takes outside of Miami used to be a pro football factory. If all you watch is Miami football, you probably think some of our players are nationally relevant when they are second team or honorable mention All-Conference at best. Then its a series of moved goalposts and conspiracy angles to justify any of their takes.
Only Miami fans expect their honorable mention All-Conference players from a 7-6 team that test in the 6th percentile as an athlete to be drafted in Round 2 or 3.
But you have a 250 pound DE from old dominion who runs a 4.8 get drafted before joe. What does that mean?

You basically said it’s pathetic for kids who go to lower tiered schools to get drafted before kids from Miami. And Morant has showed out all season long so get caught up on times.

Don’t get excited. You missed my point again.

If the lower tiered kids are that good, then good for them. What’s pathetic is that Miami doesn’t have any draft eligible guys who are considered higher priorities than those dudes by NFL teams.

Advertisement
Don’t get excited. You missed my point again.

If the lower tiered kids are that good, then good for them. What’s pathetic is that Miami doesn’t have any draft eligible guys who are considered higher priorities than those dudes by NFL teams.
Alright you’re drunk go back to bed.

That’s not what I meant. If those guys are that talented, then good for them. What’s ridiculous is that Miami doesn’t have any draft eligible players that are viewed as a better take than those guys.

It’s just the way it is. We have to start recruiting at a higher level. There might be some development issues as well, although I tend to discount that.

Advertisement
Homer for sure shouldn't get any hate for coming out early. RBs should only stay for their senior year if they are undraftable or don't have enough tape. Travis Homer wasn't going to get better coming back for a year he just would have had one more year of wear and tear

But you have a 250 pound DE from old dominion who runs a 4.8 get drafted before joe. What does that mean?

Oshane Ximines led his team in TFL and sacks every year since his RS Freshman year. Double digit sack guy. Would have gone higher if he tested better, probably. He graded out simply as a below average NFL athlete. idk if he'll be better than Joe Jackson, but he was a much better collegiate player.

Here is a real question y'all need to search your feelings for...

Do both Shaq and Mike Pinckney get drafted ahead of Quincy Williams in the 2019 NFL Draft if they declared early?

Advertisement
Back