Joe Jackson

No disrespect to Rousseau but what has he done in college? The potential is tremendous but until he proves he can do it against an OL besides ours he's a candle to the sun, that **** don't even out!(Hov quote)
[/QUOTE]
Lol.....Rousseau's upside is absolutely through the roof....he'll be better than Jackson and Garvin...

Advertisement
No disrespect to Rousseau but what has he done in college? The potential is tremendous but until he proves he can do it against an OL besides ours he's a candle to the sun, that **** don't even out!(Hov quote)
Lol.....Rousseau's upside is absolutely through the roof....he'll be better than Jackson and Garvin...
[/QUOTE]
I like Rozay I hope he balls tf out, dude has a freakish frame.

The problem is, you had the big guns on CIS convincing people that we had more talent than LSU before we played them. A team that has significantly outrecruited us the past 5-6 years.

This has been going on for years, and the draft confirms it. We are not recruiting at a top ten level.

Our most talented players, to be drafted in the top 3-4 rounds, have to be outstanding at the combine to have a chance to be top 4 round players.

This season that would have been Willis and JJ, and they had disastrous post seasons and combines.

Willis really hurt himself with his post season decisions and at the combine. He was not ready.

They are value picks now.

Miami fans believing that we have more talent than LSU right or wrong is not the same as the NFL drafting players from Temple, Massachusetts, Murray State, Old Dominion, and FAU before any Miami player on defense.

FAU got a RB taken before Travis Homer?? Can’t tell me they gotta better rb.

Where was Boston Colleges defense ranked compared to Miami’s yet 2 or 3 players have already been drafted from their defense. They had a solid defense but the point still remains.

A DT from western Illinois got drafted before Gerald Willis... who on earth really believes Western Illinois had a DT anywhere near the same class as Willis??

An edge rusher from Old Dominion was taken before Joe Jackson

I mean should we start recruiting 0 star recruits??...

The Draft has little to do with talent bc most scouts don’t no talent unless ESPN spells it out for them. If they did Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Mike Jackson, Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Travis Homer would’ve all been drafted by now.

Miami fans believing that we have more talent than LSU right or wrong is not the same as the NFL drafting players from Temple, Massachusetts, Murray State, Old Dominion, and FAU before any Miami player on defense.

Where was Boston Colleges defense ranked compared to Miami’s yet 2 or 3 players have already been drafted from their defense. They had a solid defense but the point still remains.

A DT from western Illinois got drafted before Gerald Willis... who on earth really believes Western Illinois had a DT anywhere near the same class as Willis??

The Draft has little to do with talent bc most scouts don’t no talent unless ESPN spells it out for them. If they did Gerald Willis, Joe Jackson, Mike Jackson, Jaquan Johnson, Sheldrick Redwine, and Travis Homer would’ve all been drafted by now.

There's so much wrong with this. I just can't...even. You must be trolling. Wikipedia the names of some of the NFL's best players - you'll be surprised to find that a lot didn't go to P5 powerhouse schools. NFL scouts don't draft schools, they draft talent.

I though u rode out the d*ck u came on? Mork Rorcht

Is Saquon still a bust? Is Walton better still? Is Malik still better then Russel Wilson?

Lol 😂 that made up **** is so funny I had to hold it.

Anyway I’m sure everybody on this board has noticed your pattern... you’re a dck riding troll. You never put yourself out there first you wait to someone else make a negative comment then say “yeah bro the board is going to kill u for that but you’re 100% right you’re so real bro I’m in love” like some groupie in heat.

You trying to diss Miami’s talent now after a group of other posters said the same thing is just more of the same.

Advertisement
There's so much wrong with this. I just can't...even. You must be trolling. Wikipedia the names of some of the NFL's best players - you'll be surprised to find that a lot didn't go to P5 powerhouse schools. NFL scouts don't draft schools, they draft talent.

The game is to draft talent but majority of NFL scouts fail miserably at that every year.

its his agents fault? shouldn't joe jax know he should've been working to improve his combine and pro day numbers from the moment he declared? i find it hard to blame anyone other than the player, himself, if it was a lack of work that cost him draft positioning.
I think that’s what I was referring too. The player is responsible for his training. Good agents however, help arrange training regimens and extra coaching to supplement the player. Could have been about money. No money upfront or realistic assessment of signing money, just sayin’

Lol 😂 that made up **** is so funny I had to hold it.

Anyway I’m sure everybody on this board has noticed your pattern... you’re a dck riding troll. You never put yourself out there first you wait to someone else make a negative comment then say “yeah bro the board is going to kill u for that but you’re 100% right you’re so real bro I’m in love” like some groupie in heat.

You trying to diss Miami’s talent now after a group of other posters said the same thing is just more of the same.
u tell me when i spoke lies? If i said MR sucked it was the truth, have i been wrong before/. **** yeah we all are wrong it happens.....................Our talent isnt at those other schools levels. People dont seem to get with CU Bama UGA etc when those teams excel its because they r raiding homebase. U know who gets affected by that? we do

Its why we suck for such a long time, a winning season has proved that it doesnt fix it because we had a winning season. All u heard for years on here and scout was win 10 and we good BS. We r a regular *** team that cant compete in this era.........If MD closes on a top 3 class I'll delete my account forever but Im so sure of it not happening I'll make that bet.

Recruit at an elite level or GTFO..............and win

Edit: hold up theres people here who know u said those things so I aint fuqin insane. Im down to delete this account if Diaz gets a top 3 RC.

Last edited:
I think that’s what I was referring too. The player is responsible for his training. Good agents however, help arrange training regimens and extra coaching to supplement the player. Could have been about money. No money upfront or realistic assessment of signing money, just sayin’

who's his agent? i find it hard to believe that his agent didn't set him up for that. even rosenhaus, who people hate here, had pryor at the JCC in NMB working out all the time

Advertisement

do you see j jax better than burns? do you see the UVA guy better than burns? i dont think j jax is better than ferrel (even tho he went way earlier than expected) and dont see him better in terms of potential than burns

do you see j jax better than burns? do you see the UVA guy better than burns? i dont think j jax is better than ferrel (even tho he went way earlier than expected) and dont see him better in terms of potential than burns
I think Burns is the better overall pass rusher and athlete because of his traits although his stats don’t indicate it. But Jackson imo is a more complete player than him imo.

With Jackson and Ferrell they are very similar athletically and have some of the same limitations in terms of bend off the edge. neither of them tested even average at the combine outside of the height and weight yet one goes top 5 overall and the other is a hopeful 4th round pick. I like Ferrell a lot but he shouldn’t have been picked that high maybe in the 20 range.

Wtf, how about it’s on him. He’s a D1 player, he knows that hard work got him there. Harder work gets you to the next level. HE SHOULD KNOW THIS.but, yes his douchebag agent should also know this. Pretty sorry all around.

I’m not letting him off the hook, but you also hire an agent for not only contract negotiations but for guidance prior to the draft.

I don’t believe JJ is lazy or uncaring...he never exhibited those traits as far as I know.

This is just guessing and speculation on my part, but the stuff that an agent says to you to get you to sign on the dotted line, is different than what they should be saying to you after you sign. And that’s what I mean. Maybe he continued to get pumped up after signing, without being told that you need to do a whole lot more than your regular lifting and running to get ready for the combine.

Again, just speculation. But my theory is that JJ had more in him than what he showed at the combined, but wasn’t peaking at that time JMO.

In any event, he’s a value pick now, someone’s going to get good value for fourth and fifth or sixth round choice.

As far as Willis, in addition to his combine performance, he’s made every possible wrong decision he could have after the end of the regular season. I put that right on Peter.

He was on a short lease to the scouts because of his prior history, but also performed at a second or third round potential during the season.

There’s no question he performed at a second or third round level. After his last regular season game, every decision, everything he did, was in my opinion the exact opposite of what he should’ve been doing. That comes from agent advice.

He is also another value pick

Last edited:
Advertisement
It’s a crazy take period that joe Jackson wouldn’t start if he came back. I do agree that Rousseau will be a stud though
You got an entire thread where garvin and rousseau are consensus listed as by far our most likely shots at being first round picks on D. We know Joe Jackson wasnt one. Why is it so hard to imagine they could exceed what he did at UM?

This year... its fishy... to me.

Top FIVE defense in the entire nation and all of its draftable starters are still sitting at home. Joe Jack was at least a 3rd round pick for sure, production alone. G willis should have been second, but only because he has missed the combine and most workouts with injuries. I would put some of that on his agent for not doing a good enough PR job to get a positive spin on his name, but we know Pete's boss does have a bad rep in these circles. Poor kid lost money for something preventable in my opinion.

I have no clue for Joe Jack- tested well, great character and highly productive. NFL always is poor at evaluating talent and this is no exception.

This has to be one of the worst posts in the history of CIS. I love the “ESPN spells it out for them” comment, as if scouts just look at Mel Kipers big board😂😂

Advertisement
Andd....your currently overhyping rousseau a guy who has done NOTHING.
Not really. Im not asking you to believe anything. I shared a view. Discussing young players who are stepping up isnt some unusual thing for fam bases coming off spring practice. As it happens, I also said jackson would be really good before he played a game at UM. I just think rousseau is likely to be better, barring injury.

A lot of people said when Shaq signed here he’d be a first round pick. He’d go rounds 6-UDFA this year and quite honest he may not move up much next years draft.
Those ‘lot of people’ were fans who didnt know squat and whose comments were meaningless.

U say college athletes should get paid, but then complain when they leave early to get paid? He should return and work one more year for free, right? Makes zero sense.

JJ, Travis, they all did what they should have done. They've been giving free labor for the last 3 years.

Advertisement
Back