Joe Jackson

Bucs suck at drafting. Yall done drafted about 6 corners the last 2 years in the 2nd and 3rd round.
Being drafted terrible dbs since Hargreaves who ******* sucks.... Carlton Davis is okay and I like Justin Evans but the rest? Smh...

Advertisement
And...Joe Jax continues to get passed up for DEs most of us have probably never heard of.

And other than us, how many people watching the Draft have heard of Joe Jackson?

He was a really productive player for us. As someone else said, the best we've had in while, which says as much about how bad we recruited and coached defense as anything.

But he wasn't some national name at DE opposing fans lit up their message boards about, thinking of how you block him. In fact, some teams handled him just fine. That's not what a round 1, 2 or even 3 DE looks like.

This is just a continuation of the same theme many of us have been screaming about for years.

These guys listen to that stupid "second contract" narrative, which has either no statistical evidence, or bad statistical evidence if you slip into the late rounds.

Just like every kid who doesn't get at least one 1st round grade, he should have stayed one more year.

Outside of Garvin and Hill. You got guys who can't stay healthy or never stepped foot in a real game.

Just because these dudes are beating up on bus boys at practice. Doesn't replace the production that Jackson actually had in real games.

This line would've been a **** of a lot better with Jackson.
I guess we’ll see come fall. I can’t predict injuries but I do expect that our Garvin, Rousseau, Patchan, Hill and Harvey group of DEs will be as good as any in the nation, and we won’t miss JJ.

Who has heard of Sheldrick Redwine nationwide.

He was a really good safety for us, somewhat underrated by our own fans.

But how is he different from other guys that are on the Miami team that maybe could have and should have been drafted higher? He killed it at the combine.

I repeat: he killed it at the combine.

See my point?

Advertisement
Willis numbers are better than every DT taken before him except quinnen williams who played 3 extra games. Joe had more production than a lot of the DEs taken before him.. Rashan gary went 12th and has 9.5 sacks in his career. Joe had 9.5 last year.
Willis is a guy I actually think has a solid chance to outperform draft expectations in the nfl, if he keeps his head on straight. But he had one season in 5 years, and isnt a combine monster. Plenty of questions, plenty of reasons for teams to see him as a risky choice.

And other than us, how many people watching the Draft have heard of Joe Jackson?

He was a really productive player for us. As someone else said, the best we've had in while, which says as much about how bad we recruited and coached defense as anything.

But he wasn't some national name at DE opposing fans lit up their message boards about, thinking of how you block him. In fact, some teams handled him just fine. That's not what a round 1, 2 or even 3 DE looks like.

This is just a continuation of the same theme many of us have been screaming about for years.

These guys listen to that stupid "second contract" narrative, which has either no statistical evidence, or bad statistical evidence if you slip into the late rounds.

Just like every kid who doesn't get at least one 1st round grade, he should have stayed one more year.
There are worse players going higher

Advertisement
Who has heard of Sheldrick Redwine nationwide.

He was a really good safety for us, somewhat underrated by our own fans.

But how is he different from other guys that are on the Miami team that maybe could have and should have been drafted higher? He killed it at the combine.

I repeat: he killed it at the combine.

See my point?

No. Could you clarify? Who did he kill?

Advertisement
Also i know we all praised coach Kul and Simpson as good teachers but i read the scouting report on both Jackson and Willis. They said Jackson has no counter moves, just relies on a bull rush. And they said Willis relies on the arm over and doesn’t show any other moves (if that was the only move he did it was pretty **** effective). So is that on Simpson or is that on the players.

On both

Not really. Im not asking you to believe anything. I shared a view. Discussing young players who are stepping up isnt some unusual thing for fam bases coming off spring practice. As it happens, I also said jackson would be really good before he played a game at UM. I just think rousseau is likely to be better, barring injury.

Have you even watch him play or work out?. I did and i think he will be a really good player...HUGE UPSIDE...but until i realy see it...im not saying who he will be better than. No diss to you or anything.

Advertisement
Question: D$ has been known to start threads that seem to contend that the nfl proves our talent is better than our results have been. (Not that anyone should be surprised by that.)

Does that same logic tell us anything when the nfl passes on our talent, despite a ‘top 5 D’?

Question: D$ has been known to start threads that seem to contend that the nfl proves our talent is better than our results have been. (Not that anyone should be surprised by that.)

Does that same logic tell us anything when the nfl passes on our talent, despite a ‘top 5 D’?

Wait until draft is over

Have you even watch him play or work out?. I did and i think he will be a really good player...HUGE UPSIDE...but until i realy see it...im not saying who he will be better than. No diss to you or anything.

I’ve seen some tape. And I am not asking you to say anything. You can reserve judgment all you want. Heck, I may be wrong. But I’m not usually here hyping guys. I think Rousseau has more physical ability than most we’ve had on our roster in a long while, and not just potential ability, but good fit to the position ability. He’s a disaster for OL.

Advertisement
Back