Joe Jackson

He’s built for the league right now! Can’t wait to see him put together a 10+ sack season.

Advertisement
Good Lord he's gonna hurt someone.

Hurt somebody?

The guy is probably the fastest 270 pounder on the Eatern seaboard.

It hasn’t happened yet, but if he gets a bead on a QB’s blindside and has an unobstructed path, I’m afraid he might actually kill the guy he’ll hit him with such force.

Simple physics state that Force = Mass x Acceleration

270lbs of mass accelerating at a high rate, could separate someone’s legs from the rest of his body.

The 270 may be better news than we really realize, as it might help him hold up for us at SSDE to start the season.

SSDE Joe Jackson

This is not a bad idea. Not just because of his size. His quickness will be a matchup nightmare for RTs. Plus he's not as good a natural pass rusher as Garvin.

Advertisement
The 270 may be better news than we really realize, as it might help him hold up for us at SSDE to start the season.

SSDE Joe Jackson/D-Jax/Roussea
WDE Jon Garvin/Patchan/Joyner

D-Jax slides inside on "3rd and passing." Then we have a race car package:

Joe Jackson
DJax
Willis/Bethel
Garvin

If opposing OLs die, they die.

Jackson at SSDE is scary.. definitely helps our D out alot and lets Garvin grow in that WDE spot. Also, as much as everyone loves the edge rushers, a solid SSDE always has a home in the league. Jesus our DL has scary depth!!!

Advertisement
It’s a toss up between him and Jackson but Rousseau gotta start

Bro...
How much weed do you smoke before you log-on here?

A true Freshman that hasn't done anything yet needs to start over a kid who abused a 1st round LT and had a strip-sack in back-to-back games?

The fvck?!

Time for him to put it together and have one of those "Daniel Stubbs 86'/Rusty Medaris 91'/Jerome McDougle 01'" type DE seasons.

He has the ability. He has everything you want in an elite DE.

People keep pointing to Rumph needing to make MJ into a first rounder for big time CB recruits to believe in him..I think Jess Simpson can get himself off to a great start if he can get JoeJax and Willis in the 1st round this year. They both have 1st round talent.

Advertisement
This is perfect for Jackson to start camp at this weight. By the time he's through fall camp he'll be 265 or so. By the time November rolls around he'll be 260 and still able to hold up. For these slight DE's, the problem isn't holding up day one of camp, it's holding up through the heat of fall camp, through the season, and into the late season games. They start at 250, they're probably 240 or less by the end.

In football, it is pretty standard that you gain your weight and mass during the summer. During the season you're lifting with a maintenance program, not a mass gaining program. It's completely different in-season than summer. Depending on your body composition you're always battling to keep it on- or off- during the season itself.

As for the others...we roll five DE's that we have faith in right now. That's not a lot. Injured ankles, knees, backs, shoulders happen to every team. These guys only play 25-30 snaps as it is. Rousseau may not start, but rest assured he's going to play 20+ snaps per game and be close to what Garvin/Joe Jackson give this team on the edge. Those three will all play, they'll all produce, and the starter designation is mostly ceremonial.

Saw on TOS that Joe Jackson is 270 pounds. Will be a beast this year.

I caught **** when I suggested putting Patchen at D-End and putting Joe Jackson at Tackle for passing situations, but more and more, everyday, I'm looking like a future D3 grad assistant.

Advertisement
Hurt somebody?

The guy is probably the fastest 270 pounder on the Eatern seaboard.

It hasn’t happened yet, but if he gets a bead on a QB’s blindside and has an unobstructed path, I’m afraid he might actually kill the guy he’ll hit him with such force.

Simple physics state that Force = Mass x Acceleration

270lbs of mass accelerating at a high rate, could separate someone’s legs from the rest of his body.

OCCC , this dude is always looking for impact , I had to give kudos on this post IMPRESSIVE , what a deadly formula you shared. His eye hand coordination , field presence and this formula deadly mixture... something bad which way comes with this BEAST.

mass acceleration OMG , I love those two words put together.

everything put aside EPIC post no doubt.

GOCANES

**** I barely remember Ricardo Williams. What happened with him? He didn't stay at UM for 4 years

Transferred to North Carolina I believe and fell off the map. The guy reminded me of Terry Mcray. Dreads, slow, sluggish.

However, when he was 220 pounds, he was alright. He was really a 6"4 linebacker playing out of place on the D-line. His body was never meant to carry 250 pounds.

But yeah, talk about blast from the past.

I would be surprised if Nesta and Rousseau not part of this unit immediately. Nesta behind DJax, and this is no knock on Garvin but I rather see Rousseau starting opposite Jackson with his combination of height and speed.

We saw Garvin in real games against 1st round draft pics. Let’s not crown Rousseau to quickly.

Advertisement
Back