Joe Brady William and Mary

Advertisement
I don't know Brady or his family. But there a million reasons to live in South florida instead of baton rouge. If the money is close and you get a full OC position and your family lives here. People do **** for different reasons, even coaches, maybe the dude likes taking his boat to Bimini on the weekends off? Maybe he enjoys family time at the beach instead of in a swamp. **** even Ed Orgeron preferred doing coke off South Florida chicks **** better than his home state chicks for 20 years as he begged for jobs back at miami. For every Chris Petersen that is a homebody and likes small town college football, there is also a Mike Leach or Jimmy Johnson or Pete Carroll that likes the city and lifestyle that only us and a few California schools provide. I mean ****, just regular people move to South Florida in crazy numbers. Anyway, throw money at him and see if he bites.

Also I don't believe coaches think in terms of career suicide. Most these guys have egos that think they can fix anything, that's usually how the successful ones became successful at some point on their career. Brady a good example, you think LSU stagnant offense for 15 years wasn't just as daunting?

Not trying to start beef with you but you're basically telling us that you know the family, will talk to them, and then keep everything to yourself? If that's the case, why even post this?
If they say I can share it I will, but if it’s not to be shared I won’t. Other ways for me to get it to you without me being the fall guy with the family if it gets out. If money is right we will def be in the running for him

Advertisement
If they say I can share it I will, but if it’s not to be shared I won’t. Other ways for me to get it to you without me being the fall guy with the family if it gets out. If money is right we will def be in the running for him

Cool. Please, please, please work your magic and powers of persuasion. We need something to go right for once in the past 15 years.

1.5-2 million should be enough to get him

You think Lonzo would keep manny?

Probably not but there would be an evaluation period that would likely be longer than the open window to hire a guy like Brady. So, it would have to be one before the other if it were to happen under these circumstances.

Advertisement
Good stuff. We are definitely paying top ten money already and he's proven himself. We're home and no state tax is a huge deal.
If he changes this offense, he can name his job or possibly take over here.
A year ago, I would say no way but paying **** what we did, opens a lot of doors.
Now if we can just match that for a legit DC.....

Spoke with Mikal Abdul Saboor tonight from William and Mary former teammate of Joe Brady. Brady has specifically told him he wants to go home to South Florida. All family in Pembroke Pines. Said word for word if he wins national championship with LSU he is ready to move to Miami as OC. It’s his dream to come home and coach college football. Take that however you like, Brady has thought about Miami and has the position on his watch.
The main questions being does Manny even know this, is he even considering Brady, and what would be the costs to get him? I’d say get excited but knowing Blake James and Diaz’s past, Brady could call directly and they’d send it to voice mail.

Advertisement
You think Lonzo would keep manny?

I don't know. But if you are trying to solve systemic issues you start at top. I know people want Blake gone. A compromise might be to just get him out of the way. Zo would bring credibility to the program and a message that they are serious about football. If he evaluates after a year and is given authority to make wholesale changes then so be it.

Advertisement
We don’t have elite receivers and certainly not an average QB for him to do what’s going on at LSU. I would much rather him stay there for next year, and WHEN manny gets fired... we go after Brady as a head coach. He’d only be wasting his time coming to Miami, because Manny will most likely be gone the following year when we go 6-7 again.
If that’s your thought why not bring him in now, let us see how it works out. If it’s ****e, then Manny gets canned and given Blake James he would just hire Brady as HC anyways. That would give us a leg up on recruiting kids who’d love to play in that offense.

We all joke, but 1.5M made Enos a top 10 paid OC (lol). We have money to throw at an OC.

Do we have money to provide a very talented but young OC with a strong coaching staff of grey beards and elite recruiters to complement his relative inexperience as a P5 OC?
Look at his fellow coaches on the LSU staff, at least 2 with NFL experience and one (Ensimnger) who has been around forever.....this is what get lost in the conversation....no different with Gundy at OSU as, yes, he hires OCs from small programs but mitigates it with experienced support staff, including himself. You just can't being in a Brady and not spend on rest of staff.

Advertisement
Back