Joe Brady LSU

Manny is 45 years old. A "head coach in waiting" title even in an unofficial capacity is so insane.....that it just might work! I like where your head is at, compadre.
I like the idea of grooming the next successor and it sounds like Brady is loved every organization he is a part of. And I like putting some accountability on Manny Diaz to perform like this is his dream job and not a country club for his friends. I see it as a win win. Takes some balls and foresight but has to be some changes. I like the idea of bringing Alonzo Highsmith for a role cause Blake James is horrible at his job.

Advertisement
Offer to make Brady one of the highest paid OCs in CFB. Worst he can do is say ‘No’.

The next question is, and perhaps not an issue, is he going to have connections to pick new staff? Gonna hire LSU’s OL coach too? Manny has no connections.

What I don't understand is why LSU has any use at all for the old man with the OC title. He's as useful as a screen door on a submarine at this point.

If I had to guess, Orgeron is a defensive guy so he needed someone on the other side of the ball to manage things.
A guy he can trust and keep around even when he is going through different OCs.
I think Ensiminger had the same role at Auburn under Tommy Tuberville.

By the way, for you old Dolphin fans, Ensminger was one of 2-headed QB platoon at LSU during the mid 1970s.
The other guy was David Woodley.

Rumor around LSU is that Ensminger might step down after the championship game and Brady will become the OC

That came from a big time TAF booster.Seems the death of his daughter-in-law really has him thinking about retiring...

Advertisement
Offer to make Brady one of the highest paid OCs in CFB. Worst he can do is say ‘No’.

The next question is, and perhaps not an issue, is he going to have connections to pick new staff? Gonna hire LSU’s OL coach too? Manny has no connections.

Most of the William and Mary coaching staff that he played and coached under has retired after
their long-time HC Jimmy Laycock hung it up.
I believe Laycock's last OC is on the LSU staff as an analyst, he was a W&M teammate.
Casey also has ties to Joe Moorhead, so perhaps he can draw on that connection.

Brady can bring along the TE coach from LSU...also an Everglades Alum

How much would Miami need to offer for Brady to at least entertain it?

How much would Miami need to offer for Brady to at least entertain it?
I’d guess around 3yrs, $6M total with additional bonuses for team performance (wins) and offense performance (stats).

LSU could offer Brady a promotion to full-time OC, especially if Ensminger retires. LSU pays DC Aranda $2.4M, so they’re willing to open the bank vault.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I want to hire Joe Brady as HEAD COACH. Not DC but HC.

That’s the type of big time move we should be hoping for
giphy.gif

A lateral move? Miami has to increase it's prestige with Mario at the helm. Show we can win then we can attract a guy like Brady. We are a shell of our former selves and it may be career suicide to be an OC here. IMO

Advertisement
Not sure if folks that grew up in west broward 20 years ago view Miami as home. The fishing and hunting part would be a concern. Big question is what type of fishing? He fish for bass and catfish then we have no chance. He do ocean fishing for marlin then we have a chance.

I’d guess around 3yrs, $6M total with additional bonuses for team performance (wins) and offense performance (stats).

LSU could offer Brady a promotion to full-time OC, especially if Ensminger retires. LSU pays DC Aranda $2.4M, so they’re willing to open the bank vault.
I’m assuming Aranda is the 2nd highest paid assistant behind Clemson DC?

Advertisement
Rumor around LSU is that Ensminger might step down after the championship game and Brady will become the OC

That came from a big time TAF booster.Seems the death of his daughter-in-law really has him thinking about retiring...

This is likely without the tragic circumstances. Steve is up there in age and LSU will do anything to keep Brady. They've been working on a deal for months now because they know he's the engine there.

A lateral move? Miami has to increase it's prestige with Mario at the helm. Show we can win then we can attract a guy like Brady. We are a shell of our former selves and it may be career suicide to be an OC here. IMO
You may be right.

Brady is not OC at LSU. His title is passing game coordinator/ wide receivers coach, but everyone knows he’s the catalyst behind LSU’s offense, along with Burrow. As much we wish Miami would or could hire him as OC I’d be suprised if he left LSU for anyone other than an NFL job.

Advertisement
Back