Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Brady installed the D, and worked with Burrow while Emsminger called the plays. Possible Brady acts as OC/QB with help from a Co-OC calling/giving insight again. Unless, the draw for him is it being his show.
Likens. He’s the most probable to stay and he’s really well respected.

Advertisement
I don’t believe that’s true. I’m pretty sure Esminger called all the plays outside the red zone.

Brady’s main value add was that he modernized Esminger’s scheme and was heavily involved in game planning.

The media essentially lionized him since LSU was putting up absurd stats, but actually gave him more credit than he deserved.
Yup

Yup

People are really discounting in this thread just how bad Brady's offenses were at Carolina. He had like top 5 worst offenses in the league and we're clamoring for him like he's automatic and we can't even question his credentials. It's crazy.

"One of the biggest reasons I believe the Brady/Panthers marriage didn't last long is because of Brady's experience calling plays. A lot of people forget that he wasn't the offensive coordinator at LSU, he was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach, thus meaning he has never had full control of an offense before. Looking back on it, you could argue that those star players that he had at LSU were the sole reason he earned an opportunity with Rhule and the Panthers in the first place. Sometimes players make a coach look better than he really is. That's not to say Brady won't ever regain that success, I think he will. In all likelihood, he'll land on his feet back at the collegiate level as an offensive coordinator and will find a lot of growth in his next stop."

🤔

Attachments

• 1A0DFDB7-F805-4848-9014-243BB7F50E9C.jpeg
    1A0DFDB7-F805-4848-9014-243BB7F50E9C.jpeg
    603.5 KB · Views: 239
Advertisement
In what capacity? Because we already have multiple reports about McClendon coming from Oregon to coach WR.

I think Likens also coached QB in his career FYI
Likens actually has been a QB coach believe or not. Did it at Kansas, ASU, and Louisiana Tech

"Brady caught lighting in a bottle because he talented players."

Like LSU hasn't been wasting NFL players for years. Nobody put up the kind of numbers their 2019 team did and LSU has had a boatload of NFL players come through there.
Someone posted about how great Chase and Jefferson tandem was but forget a few years earlier they had Landry and ODB wasting away in tiger dump land

Everyone knows LSU wastes NFL skill players

Advertisement
Just an FYI Rob Likens is also a QB coach. You move him to CO-OC/QB to bring in Brady and Brady can install what he wants while coaching WRs.

Benefits us both. Likens has a tremendous eye for talent plus is a proven play caller that can help Brady call plays.

How I know people here didn’t watch Lsu or Burrow before Brady arrived? Lmao.

Gtfoh
I mean we played them with burrow the year before they lit the world on fire…

Miami and Diaz is known to let SCRUB azzz QBs look all world against us… Burrow still couldn’t light us up.. that’s how bad he was in that Cotton bowl opening game

I think ken Dorsey is more proven! Brady is suspect, lots of hype, and got fired quick
I agree. Brady was the passing game coordinator and WR coach on the LSU 2019 team, did not call plays. At Carolina he ran the #21passing offense in 2020 and #28 in 2021 before being fired. He also ignored Matt Ruhles call for a more run heavy offense. I think UM can do better.

I agree. Brady was the passing game coordinator and WR coach on the LSU 2019 team, did not call plays. At Carolina he ran the #21passing offense in 2020 and #28 in 2021 before being fired. He also ignored Matt Ruhles call for a more run heavy offense. I think UM can do better.
He did call plays. Google it. It’s public knowledge he called 3rd down and red zone. Which are the most important plays on offense. Soooooo

Advertisement
Clyde edwards Helaire had like 1,400+ yards 16 TDs with 55 Rec in passing game. They were a passing team with Burrow and those WR and Helaire was also involed in that attack but they could run to close out games.
****, that’s amazing considering what Borrow did. If Brady does come in, I don’t expect him to replicate what he did that year. I hope he can but can’t expect it. But if it can be similar, and if the D is above average, look out.

He did call plays. Google it. It’s public knowledge he called 3rd down and red zone. Which are the most important plays on offense. Soooooo
And how does anyone fault him at Carolina. No CMC. A rookie and D list of RBs. Cam Newton and someone the Jets got ride of. The JETS. Tells you how good Darnald was. I Could throw the ball backwards it would go farther then cam Newton and darnold. And do I need to mention their wr core. Come on now

He did not call plays. I spoke with Racey McMath on Saturday and he said that was a misconception, he did not call plays. He provided input, was the passing game coordinator, but did not call plays during the game.

Advertisement
People are really discounting in this thread just how bad Brady's offenses were at Carolina. He had like top 5 worst offenses in the league and we're clamoring for him like he's automatic and we can't even question his credentials. It's crazy.

"One of the biggest reasons I believe the Brady/Panthers marriage didn't last long is because of Brady's experience calling plays. A lot of people forget that he wasn't the offensive coordinator at LSU, he was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach, thus meaning he has never had full control of an offense before. Looking back on it, you could argue that those star players that he had at LSU were the sole reason he earned an opportunity with Rhule and the Panthers in the first place. Sometimes players make a coach look better than he really is. That's not to say Brady won't ever regain that success, I think he will. In all likelihood, he'll land on his feet back at the collegiate level as an offensive coordinator and will find a lot of growth in his next stop."
Sam Darnold is TERRIBLE.

Def the guys fault when his best player can’t stay healthy, QBs and WR aren’t even starters on most teams in NFL.

****, that’s amazing considering what Borrow did. If Brady does come in, I don’t expect him to replicate what he did that year. I hope he can but can’t expect it. But if it can be similar, and if the D is above average, look out.
Rooster gonna steal votes from TVD in that offense.. But TVD will still win it.. Rooster gonna be a STAR in that offense.. Lawd hope we get Jahmyr Gibbs too, **** it..

Advertisement
Back