Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Joe Brady can hang his hat on that 2019 LSU team. That offense was crazy. Joe Brady is option 1, 2, 3 before I move on. If he's not a great recruiter, get recruiters around him.

Advertisement
LOL at anybody sh*tting on Brady’s NFL tenure.

The league is heavily based on QB talent. If you don’t have a good QB, you will not be successful long-term.

I’m a 49ers fan. Kyle Shanahan is considered one of the top offensive minds in the NFL.

He began his tenure 1-10 with a bottom 10 offense until he got a competent QB in Garoppolo. All of a sudden, they looked like a top 5 offense and got to the Super Bowl 2 years later.

Brady had crap QB play with a bad OL and the star RB out.

Even if you want to place all the blame on him, he got to call plays against complex NFL defenses for a season and a half.

He won’t see anything like that in the ACC, especially with Venables gone.

Don’t overthink this.

Brady—not Ensminger—won the Broyles Award in 2019.

Everybody knows who the brains of that operation was.

After last season, Ensminger “retired” to an analyst role.

And people believe he was the one stirring the drink?

Do. Not. Overthink. This.
Esto!

People forget that Steve Ensminger was the OC at LSU the year they won the NC.Brady brought Sean Payton’s passing game to Baton Rouge but everything he did was run through Ensminger,he actually called the plays.

Not saying Brady won’t be great here cause if nothing else he was a protege of Payton and knows his system but let’s not make it seem like he’s Bill Walsh cause there’s a big difference in reading plays off a sheet, it’s another thing to put them into an order that actually works against the defense you’re playing against.That’s where Ensminger came in.

Not saying he won’t be a good hire.Just saying don’t clean out a space for him in the CFB hall of fame just yet.

Last edited:
Advertisement
People are really discounting in this thread just how bad Brady's offenses were at Carolina. He had like top 5 worst offenses in the league and we're clamoring for him like he's automatic and we can't even question his credentials. It's crazy.

"One of the biggest reasons I believe the Brady/Panthers marriage didn't last long is because of Brady's experience calling plays. A lot of people forget that he wasn't the offensive coordinator at LSU, he was the passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach, thus meaning he has never had full control of an offense before. Looking back on it, you could argue that those star players that he had at LSU were the sole reason he earned an opportunity with Rhule and the Panthers in the first place. Sometimes players make a coach look better than he really is. That's not to say Brady won't ever regain that success, I think he will. In all likelihood, he'll land on his feet back at the collegiate level as an offensive coordinator and will find a lot of growth in his next stop."
Brady didn't last long because Carolina is HORRIBLE...lol, they flat out have nothing. The most significant player is McCaffrey who's constantly hurt, WR's are below average and you started not one, but two DUDS at QB in Darnold and Newton who's washed up.

BTW, I was at the Panthers/Dolphins game and there were plays to be had but Cam was so terribly bad that he couldn't hit the side of the widest Red Barn in Southwest Ranches.

The truth lies somewhere in between re: Brady, though I believe he'd do well here.

Of course, the best thing to do would be to sign Art Briles, who is the best offensive mind of his generation.

Advertisement
Back