Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

it was never about ensminger nor about brady being bad

it's everything about us being a major institution and wanting someone more proven, that's it. don't change the narrative

You prefer experience. Steve Esminger is experienced.

On a completely unrelated note, Josh Gattis was just awarded the Broyles award today. He didn't have any playcalling experience before getting the opportunity at Michigan. Good for him.

Advertisement
it was never about ensminger nor about brady being bad

it's everything about us being a major institution and wanting someone more proven, that's it. don't change the narrative
Exactly
The point is how the perception has completely changed
I guarantee Brady doesn’t consider manny Miami

You prefer experience. Steve Esminger is experienced.

On a completely unrelated note, Josh Gattis was just awarded the Broyles award today. He didn't have any playcalling experience before getting the opportunity at Michigan. Good for him.
again you're changing the narrative because you don't seem capable of intelligent conversation

the point is not about ensminger and I never stated I wanted him or someone with just "experience" I said I want someone who's proven they are successful

Brady i'm sure will be good, I would prefer someone great

carry on though pal have yourself a good night

Advertisement
Not persuasive. He didn't call all of the plays at LSU, had perhaps the most talented offense in CFB history, and had a more seasoned play-caller/support staff to help him along. He implemented new concepts, but that doesn't make him a great game-day coach.

He then got a solo gig in the NFL and failed.

Did you watch any of those Carolina games?
No one thought that was even the most talented LSU offense of this decade, let alone in the history of college football, going into that season, this is WILD revisionist history. He turned Jefferson into a first rounder, CEH into a first rounder, Burrow into John Elway…none of them were even mentioned as all conference types going into that season. even the dudes ON THAT LSU TEAM recognized that he was the one responsible for it even if he wasn’t OC in title.

again you're changing the narrative because you don't seem capable of intelligent conversation

the point is not about ensminger and I never stated I wanted him or someone with just "experience" I said I want someone who's proven they are successful

Brady i'm sure will be good, I would prefer someone great

carry on though pal have yourself a good night
Proven to be successful

Like Steve Esminger...?

If numbers are right, you have your new OC.
boom GIF

Brady would kill it here
And surprisingly our oline isn’t half bad at pass blocking and that’s before Mario
So I think **** have the oline esp against the acc to run a train through it
And I remember one lsu game burrow was getting killed and after a couple series they went complete short quick throws and he started lighting them up
This guy is next level can’t compare to any other candidate

Advertisement
If Brady’s the OC, we’ll need an independent QB coach. Wonder who’s out there that’s any good?

I thought it was generally understood that Ensminger was effectively OC in name only that last season at LSU. Brady did all the work. That would explain why Brady was the hot commodity after that year and no one rushed in to hire Ensminger away.

Advertisement
If Brady’s the OC, we’ll need an independent QB coach. Wonder who’s out there that’s any good?
Brady installed the D, and worked with Burrow while Emsminger called the plays. Possible Brady acts as OC/QB with help from a Co-OC calling/giving insight again. Unless, the draw for him is it being his show.

Advertisement
Brady can coach QBs. He worked with QBs under Sean Payton.
Ah, thought he was a WR coach for some reason. If that’s the case, then it’s either McClendon or Likens I’m sure. Don’t know any other WR coaches out there Mario could target.

I thought it was generally understood that Ensminger was effectively OC in name only that last season at LSU. Brady did all the work. That would explain why Brady was the hot commodity after that year and no one rushed in to hire Ensminger away.
I don’t believe that’s true. I’m pretty sure Esminger called all the plays outside the red zone.

Brady’s main value add was that he modernized Esminger’s scheme and was heavily involved in game planning.

The media essentially lionized him since LSU was putting up absurd stats, but actually gave him more credit than he deserved.

Ah, thought he was a WR coach for some reason. If that’s the case, then it’s either McClendon or Likens I’m sure. Don’t know any other WR coaches out there Mario could target.
I mean he played WR in college and coached WR at LSU when he was passing game coordinator. That's just where he fit in to the staff makeup with Ensminger coaching QBs and it made sense.

But he learned and got traction for that job learning under Sean Payton and learning his system - mainly the RPO game.

Advertisement
Back