Joe Brady Interested in OC Job

Advertisement
I don't know if he would or wouldn't kill it here. Too many "perfect fits" have failed. But people forget that we were sure we were going to beat the **** out of LSU going into that game, mainly because they had a 23 year old who couldn't play at Ohio State, had an average arm, etc. The question like all hires is what portion of that TEAM success was attributed to Brady being on staff, but I can tell you with certainty it was at least a decent amount.

The best coaches and GM's and AD's with millions of dollars of tools at their disposal, are pretty much 50/50 when it comes to drafting players and hiring coaches. It's hard. Really hard.

Its mind blowing to me that people discredit someone who installed most of LSUs passing concepts and RPOs and elevated an offense that was **** poor throwing the ball to a unit who broke records at large.

He won the ******* Broyles Award, do you honestly think they give that to someone who hasnt done ****? Do you think he gets a job in the NFL based on hype alone?

I will join @Cribby and keep myself out of here. Holy crap...

The best coaches and GM's and AD's with millions of dollars of tools at their disposal, are pretty much 50/50 when it comes to drafting players and hiring coaches. It's hard. Really hard.
Yep... obviously spending money will help open up a larger pool with more experience and better credentials, but yea, it is really tough. We have done ourselves zero favors with a shoe string budget and shopping in the discount bin, but this new money does not necessarily mean surefire success. But too many variables at the prior stops, and too many unknowns at future to say something will be anywhere near a sure thing. With that said, I like our options and chances MUCH more today than in the past.

Advertisement
I’m having an aneurism reading people don’t want Brady but want Mullen…. Wat?

Mullen chose frenks over trask lol and was it jones over Richardson? Don’t remember… anyways,

Read what urban meyer said about Mullen, how toxic he is, TEBOW didn’t like him. They had to recruit in spite of him, he made players miserable… keep Mullen the **** away

I’m having an aneurism reading people don’t want Brady but want Mullen…. Wat?

Mullen chose frenks over trask lol and was it jokes over Richardson? Don’t remember… anyways,

Read what urban meyer said about Mullen, how toxic he is, TEBOW didn’t like him. They had to recruit in spite of him, he made players miserable… keep Mullen the **** away

Brady and Briles need to be the first 17 phone calls. Make both of those guys tell you no before you even consider anyone else.

Both brilliant minds, young, running the style of offense we need with play-calling experience at a high level.

I

I’m not sure if any of you have ever experience high level coaching but you don’t go from a twenty three year old jag college starter to god because the light went on lol. That scheme with elite coaching is what simplifies the game especially for qb’s

I’m an Eagles fan and I’ve seen it too many times to count with Andy Reid. Taking buns / jags , coaching them up and trading for first or second rounders.
He was Malik Rosier against us

Advertisement
im horny GIF

How was the running attack with Brady? That's also key with the RBs we have.
Clyde edwards Helaire had like 1,400+ yards 16 TDs with 55 Rec in passing game. They were a passing team with Burrow and those WR and Helaire was also involed in that attack but they could run to close out games.

Brady is a perfect fit for what we have currently. It’s the perfect scheme and the perfect qb. Brady was the first name I thought of and was thrilled when I was told he was interested.
I have just one reservation with Brady. A criticism of Mario is the inability to develop QBs (e.g., Herbert underperformed given his success in the NFL, etc.). So, while I love the idea of having Brady implement a high-octane passing offense, we need somebody to develop QBs.

Brady can be the OC/WR coach (assumes McClendon does not come and Likens isn't retained) but we need to pair him with a QB whisperer. Lashlee, while not perfect, developed the QBs.

Advertisement
I have many of the same concerns as others regarding Brady's limited experience.

To me, the easy solution is to make him co-OC/pass game coordinator, and hire a co-OC/run game coordinator.

The best case scenario is have Brady as Co-OC passing game and Dorsey Co-OC QB coach.

Don’t tell me it’s not possible, because we have seen some miracles in the last 48 hours.

You pay them in their money, you know that Brady is going to jump at another situation in one or two years, Ken steps in as full-time OC, and that should cover us for the.m next 3-4 years at least.

Advertisement
Its mind blowing to me that people discredit someone who installed most of LSUs passing concepts and RPOs and elevated an offense that was **** poor throwing the ball to a unit who broke records at large.

He won the ******* Broyles Award, do you honestly think they give that to someone who hasnt done ****? Do you think he gets a job in the NFL based on hype alone?

I will join @Cribby and keep myself out of here. Holy crap...
Exactly.

People act like NFL and other college coaches have the same information we do. They don't. They have a ton more. They talk amongst themselves. There is a reason Brady has the rep he does. Coaches know what he's capable of.

Y'all are under the influence of some heavy hallucinagens if you think bringing in Brady would be anything less than a jaw-dropping home run. He typically also coaches WRs so that would make McClendon's role unclear and we'd need a QB coach but if he wants the hire pull the trigger and figure it out later.

Advertisement
Back