Job Well Done

The fans reaction here is like Golden had a 4-9 season.
I know the record is not as good as we want, but this guy just led the program through the darkest time in our history. Why don't we just give him 2 more clean years to prove himself.

He's done nothing exceptional the whole 3 years he's been here. You guys are overblowing what he's done. He weathered the ncaa storm, but he was being paid over $2M/year to do that, so I don't feel sorry for him.

He's done nothing on the field, and his recruiting has been average at best. The guy's all smoke and mirrors, soundbites, and hashtags.

he stayed at a time nobody would have blamed him for leaving. not condoning the flirtation with PSU but the guy deserves credit for coming in and keeping us from completely falling apart. whether he can get it to the elite level remains to be seen but the extreme negativity is over the top and not proportionate to the season we had.

He stayed because he was being paid $2.2M/year. It wasn't like he was volunteering in Haiti, son. Come on, man. Wake the fck up. I'd say some hurtful things to you right now, but I can't do that.

i am not nominating him for charitable giver of the year. i know he got paid but he could have gotten paid more to leave. its not like he got so much more than other coaches get. the man got paid. so what. he did a good job considering the circumstances. now he has to turn the corner. everyone knows that. its just the malcontents on here that are demanding it all happen immediately.

Advertisement
Lets make a list of better coaches/staffs in the ACC. Golden isn't top 6 even. There are at least 2 better coaches in the coastal. Beamer and Cutcliffe. Jimbo and Dabo/Chad Morris in the Atlantic. Add Petrino to that list. Top 6 might be being kind.

He wasn't even close to Grobe, who got pushed out.

I swear, I wonder if journalists in other college towns are always out to get those teams just like the "journalists" in Miami are all out to get UM. sickening.

Two things:
CiS will never get credentials now. So bring back WEZ.

Other team's coaches are members here. Lulz.

Advertisement
I know the record is not as good as we want, but this guy just led the program through the darkest time in our history. Why don't we just give him 2 more clean years to prove himself.

He's done nothing exceptional the whole 3 years he's been here. You guys are overblowing what he's done. He weathered the ncaa storm, but he was being paid over $2M/year to do that, so I don't feel sorry for him.

He's done nothing on the field, and his recruiting has been average at best. The guy's all smoke and mirrors, soundbites, and hashtags.

he stayed at a time nobody would have blamed him for leaving. not condoning the flirtation with PSU but the guy deserves credit for coming in and keeping us from completely falling apart. whether he can get it to the elite level remains to be seen but the extreme negativity is over the top and not proportionate to the season we had.

He stayed because he was being paid $2.2M/year. It wasn't like he was volunteering in Haiti, son. Come on, man. Wake the fck up. I'd say some hurtful things to you right now, but I can't do that.

i am not nominating him for charitable giver of the year. i know he got paid but he could have gotten paid more to leave. its not like he got so much more than other coaches get. the man got paid. so what. he did a good job considering the circumstances. now he has to turn the corner. everyone knows that. its just the malcontents on here that are demanding it all happen immediately.

You sure about that? I doubt it.

I was a big "Give Al a chance. He is a GREAT recruiter and he will right the ship" apologist BUT NOT ANY MORE. Not after how he handled the PSU situation. Total disrespect to us fans and to the recruits AND to the players. I know we are not the "it" school at the moment, but I will be damned for this no title having clown to disrespect this program all in the name of Penn State. He has one year in my book. Win 10 games and win the ACC Coastal next year or I will be on the "negative crew" bandwagon starting this time next year.

And no, these are not the darkest of times. 1997 the darkest of times. The 5-6 year. Especially after FSU manhandled us in Tallahassee 47-0 and almost killed Scott Covington in the process when the was thrown in the goal post. I had lost all hope for us ever coming back. If we came back from those days, IDGAF what anybody says, we can come back from ANYTHING! We just need Al to either get his head out of his a$$ or fire him and find someone who wants to lead us back to greatness.

You sure about that? I doubt it.

UCLA is really regretting him not wanting to talk with them. The Vols? Wisky? The first two have better coaches clearly. When he gets fired here, and I'm supremely confident that happens if there isn't some drastic change in the way he runs his operation, we'll see who is looking to shell out the dough for Al.

The Guy wins 9 games with an NCAA investigation going on for his entire tenure and you have him getting fired next year. Please. Not saying we don't need to do better but you guys act like we were sub 500

Advertisement
Miami fans are always over reacting. This isn't anything new. Although it has gotten worse this year and has come to the point that no one wants to associate them selfs with the canes. Including myself at the bowl game, not because of the score but because of the "smart" fan behind me.

You just made London's point.

The other coaches would have shown them posts from CaneInsider, but there were none.

Advertisement
I swear, I wonder if journalists in other college towns are always out to get those teams just like the "journalists" in Miami are all out to get UM. sickening.

Ive said this 1000 times. Its one of the HUGE disadvantages UM has, and another reason why I disagree with D$ and many others here about how "great" the UM HC job appears to most outsiders. If you worked in a newspaper in Tuscaloosa, Columbus, Gainesville, Austin, etc... odds are you have SOME tie to OSU, UF, UA, etc... so you have SOME sense of loyalty to the school. On top of that, many if not most of your readers will have a strong tie to those programs, so they dont want to read a reporter trashing the "home team". In Miami, the UM alumni base is smaller than the FSU and UF alumni base. Even most Canes fans, really dont have much allegiance to the U itself, just the team. And as for the local media, well, the vast majority have NO tie or loyalty to the university, and infact, are mostly alumni of rival schools. Top that off with the fact that they all want to be "big shot" reporters and use UM as a punching bag to try to generate controversy and increase their readership, and frankly, the community doesnt even care.

UM is behind the 8 ball in the modern era of College Football. Its almost impossible for a smaller private university to compete with what this has become.

Good, it shows miami fans or passionate and it goes against the nobody cares or goes to games pitch. It also turns up the heat on Al and the admin. Pressure is good.

Yes, that's really showing them. Because people on national TV cant see an empty stadium every Saturday, but boy our fans can sure light up Twitter to trash our program like there is no tommorow.

Things going well? 45K in the Stadium if were lucky. Things run into trouble, 100K posts/tweets calling our coach a fat slimeball loser for the world to see.

We're now to the point where even the local players down here who like the program, are disgusted with the fan base. Go read their tweets.

But yes, this is "good".

Advertisement
So coaches are contacting recruits during the dead period to throw Miami under the bus?

Face to Face contact isn't permitted but them do whatever possible to throw us under the bus isn't shocking... Maybe we should return the favor, posing as FSU and UF fans!

So it has nothing to do with the ****ery and ineptitude of Golden? It's all the fans fault?

It is simple for recruiting fans. SHUT THE **** UP ON TWITTER! Follow kids all day long but do not mention them in tweets. The boards are not a problem, but twitter comments are killing The U with some kids.

No. The fans are reacting like we went 2 and 4 in our last 6 games while giving up 500 yards of offense per game.

Which includes an embarrassing bowl loss on national tv.

Oh wait that did happen.

I think what is truly is upsetting to most fans is Al saying that we are trending in the right direction and he is not making changes to the defense.

Advertisement
Back