Job Well Done

Advertisement
Good, it shows miami fans or passionate and it goes against the nobody cares or goes to games pitch. It also turns up the heat on Al and the admin. Pressure is good.

The Fake Tom Jicha ‏@FakeTomJicha 17m
@MiamiRadioBeast Golden caused the negativity by being handed his *** by Carlie Strong then just days afterwards he starts flirting with PS!

Minus the misspelling of Charlie and being generally incoherent, whoever FakeTomJicha is nailed it.

/End thread.

Advertisement
So coaches are contacting recruits during the dead period to throw Miami under the bus?

you stalking this guy has more me more worried....

who gives a **** what he says or anyone on here unless it has a legit source...

I can see both sides. Golden could've avoided criticism by not ****ting the bed. Also, I imagine UF's message boards were frustrated this season as well?

Last edited:
The fans reaction here is like Golden had a 4-9 season.
I know the record is not as good as we want, but this guy just led the program through the darkest time in our history. Why don't we just give him 2 more clean years to prove himself.

Advertisement
I know the record is not as good as we want, but this guy just led the program through the darkest time in our history. Why don't we just give him 2 more clean years to prove himself.

You haven't been following long if you think this is the darkest time in UM history

He's done nothing exceptional the whole 3 years he's been here. You guys are overblowing what he's done. He weathered the ncaa storm, but he was being paid over $2M/year to do that, so I don't feel sorry for him.

He's done nothing on the field, and his recruiting has been average at best. The guy's all smoke and mirrors, soundbites, and hashtags.

We were threatened death penalty. Tell me what was worse than that if you don't think the past 2-3 years was the darkest time.

You haven't been following long if you think this is the darkest time in UM history

He's done nothing exceptional the whole 3 years he's been here. You guys are overblowing what he's done. He weathered the ncaa storm, but he was being paid over $2M/year to do that, so I don't feel sorry for him.

He's done nothing on the field, and his recruiting has been average at best. The guy's all smoke and mirrors, soundbites, and hashtags.

he stayed at a time nobody would have blamed him for leaving. not condoning the flirtation with PSU but the guy deserves credit for coming in and keeping us from completely falling apart during a rediculously long ncaa investigation. how quickly people forget what it was like to have that hanging over our heads.

whether he can get it to the elite level remains to be seen but the extreme negativity is over the top and not proportionate to the season we had.

Advertisement
We were threatened death penalty. Tell me what was worse than that if you don't think the past 2-3 years was the darkest time.

UM was never threatened with the death penalty. The only time the NCAA even mentioned it was in response to media inquiries. BTW, the guy you're applauding was head over heels in his attempt to get a job at a school with worse sanctions. The worse thing to ever happen to Golden at Miami is the NCAA coming to a decision. He can't hide behind it anymore. Now he has to stand on his record.

Last edited:

he stayed at a time nobody would have blamed him for leaving. not condoning the flirtation with PSU but the guy deserves credit for coming in and keeping us from completely falling apart. whether he can get it to the elite level remains to be seen but the extreme negativity is over the top and not proportionate to the season we had.

He stayed because he was being paid $2.2M/year. It wasn't like he was volunteering in Haiti, son. Come on, man. Wake the fck up. I'd say some hurtful things to you right now, but I can't do that.

Advertisement

Well there was the time when the football program was nearly shutdown before Howard was hired. There was also the time when the team was bombed to the Stone Age for the Pell Grant scandal.

UM was never threatened with the death penalty. The only time the NCAA even mentioned it was in response to media inquiries. BTW, the guy you're applauding was head over heels in his attempt to get a job at a school with worse sanctions. The worse thing to ever happen to Golden at Miami is the NCAA coming to a decision. He can't hide behind it anymore.

Agree

UM was never threatened with the death penalty. The only time the NCAA even mentioned it was in response to media inquiries. BTW, the guy you're applauding was head over heels in his attempt to get a job at a school with worse sanctions. The worse thing to ever happen to Golden at Miami is the NCAA coming to a decision. He can't hide behind it anymore.

Good stuff. And the death penalty was only mentioned in the context that Emmert said, "All potential punishments are on the table". It's the same thing he says every time anyone asks him if the death penalty is possible.

Lets make a list of better coaches/staffs in the ACC. Golden isn't top 6 even. There are at least 2 better coaches in the coastal. Beamer and Cutcliffe. Jimbo and Dabo/Chad Morris in the Atlantic. Add Petrino to that list. Top 6 might be being kind.

Advertisement
Back