Joaquin and Romberg on Tate Martell

What did I edit?

If saying their critique was pathetic because it wasn't strong enough and wondering why Blake is seemingly granted immunity is deemed an attack or blasting then you might want to go reassess what you view as leftist triggering and snowflakedom.

It was a third grade level of verbal dexterity that allowed them to attack the current ”culture" at Miami by blasting Tathan by name instead of Manny/Blake but it'll play well with the simps that believe "Joaquin said dominate“ is the universal answer to all of life's mysteries.

One might say that level of softness and being scurred to actually attack the millionaire adults by name is also the type of pussiness that would lead a program to lose to FIU and Dook.

I personally have no issue when former players are critical of current players. But to go after a QB that took zero snaps at the effing position as your public move here now after the last two weeks is pretty weak sauce.

Last edited: 41 minutes ago
Your words. You attacked them as ‘third grade level.‘ You mocked the idea that culture is an issue with your quotes around the term. You mocked the people who might agree with their comments as ‘simps.’ You mock the ‘Joaquin said dominate’ quote for no reason other than to cast aspersions at him and those who might agree with him here. No one said it’s the answer to anything let alone life’s mysteries, yet you toss that out there because you are triggered. Yes, triggered.

You then say Joaquin and Romberg are soft and scared to attack others. You call their exchange ‘pussiness’ and imply it’s connected in some way with our current bad play. You finally call their comments ’weak sauce.’

That you really don’t believe that all constitutes blasting them and their comments Is just more evidence of how triggered you are.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Your words. You attacked them as ‘third grade level.‘ You mocked the idea that culture is an issue with your quotes around the term. You mocked the people who might agree with their comments as ‘simps.’ You mock the ‘Joaquin said dominate’ quote for no reason other than to cast aspersions at him and those who might agree with him here. No one said it’s the answer to anything let alone life’s mysteries, yet you toss that out there because you are triggered. Yes, triggered.

You then say Joaquin and Romberg are soft and scared to attack others. You call their exchange ‘pussiness’ and imply it’s connected in some way with our current bad play. You finally call their comments ’weak sauce.’

That you really don’t believe that all constitutes blasting them and their comments Is just more evidence of how triggered you are.

Do you really think this makes me look like the triggered one here?

You've now extrapolated out your critique of me supposedly bashing Romberg and Joaquin to include me bashing those that would get moist over their comments. I never denied THAT bashing. I stand by labeling anyone as a simpleton that thinks attacking Martell is actually a substantial critique of our current issues and those responsible for them.

Exactly. Ed Reed as a 22 yr old de facto athletic director was part of a verrrry shortsighted and verrrry detrimental decision because all of those players were blinded by their own historical level of greatness.....as players.

Any AD worth his salt would've made it abundantly clear to that group that they were beyond special and a decision that feels right to them at the moment may not work at all for the longterm health of the program when we inevitably have players in here that aren't as insanely good as you guys.

Instead we had an AD that just acted in fear and/or laziness and here we are almost 20 years later.
Again, you are triggered and its funny, and pathetic. Ed Reed wasn’t a ‘de facto athletic director’ in any respect whatsoever. You are deflecting responsibility from where it belongs. We had an actual AD. De facto and de jure. That is who made the coaching decision. And you seemingly grasp this as you point out a better AD would have decided differently.

Those players were not blinded at all. You are the one who is blinded. By bitterness and whatever causes the emotional state associated with triggering these days.

They were short sighted. THEY won with Coker, but look what the **** Coker did AFTER those players left. We're talking about an entire program that was driven into the ditch by the guy they demanded to be hired. They pressured the AD, and the AD folded. It was a **** poor move by those players, Ed Reed included. He is not above reproach. No player that walked into that office and demanded Coker be hired is.
Short sited? They won a title that year. We should all be short sited. They were right they could win with him. Players passing through the program aren’t supposed to be making coaching choices and arent supposed to be responsible for outcomes years after they depart. That is what the Admin is there to worry about.

He's the least of our problems. Maybe if our coaches would let him take a few snaps.
That is a big problem...when you Claim you need time away form the team for personal reasons..just to hangout with your girl for thanksgiving...man get that Grey boy out of here...that’s the cancer...

Advertisement
Do you really think this makes me look like the triggered one here?

You've now extrapolated out your critique of me supposedly bashing Romberg and Joaquin to include me bashing those that would get moist over their comments. I never denied THAT bashing. I stand by labeling anyone as a simpleton that thinks attacking Martell is actually a substantial critique of our current issues and those responsible for them.
It’s always great to watch posters double down when they should just slink off.

yes, youre the one triggered here. By joaquin and those you imagine agree with him.

Again, you are triggered and its funny, and pathetic. Ed Reed wasn’t a ‘de facto athletic director’ in any respect whatsoever. You are deflecting responsibility from where it belongs. We had an actual AD. De facto and de jure. That is who made the coaching decision. And you seemingly grasp this as you point out a better AD would have decided differently.

Those players were not blinded at all. You are the one who is blinded. By bitterness and whatever causes the emotional state associated with triggering these days.

Broooooo....take a pill or something and calm down. You're very emotional and excitable this morning.

When you have a weak and/or lazy AD that folds to the pressure of Ed Reed (and Dorsey/Portis) then those players ARE making the decisions as de facto AD.

They were all barely over 20 yrs old. Of course they were shortsighted (anyone in that situation would be) but that decision had longterm devastating effects despite the national championship you reference- one those guys could've won without a freakin' head coach at all.

Advertisement
Both angles re 2001 are correct, imo, and you all are simply arguing different things. Those 2001 guys didn't want someone like Barry Alvarez coming in and changing everything up as they knew they were talented enough to win a title if sh-t could just remain on the status quo. And they were right. I don't fault them one bit for desiring that, expressing that, and ultimately delivering on it.

At the same time, unquestionably, you can trace our program back to that period in time since there has seemingly been this culture year in and year out where it's all about catering to the players. Who is starting, what recruits will have to compete for PT, who isn't playing enough, who might transfer, who have the coaches earned the respect of, etc. I have to go back that full two decades to see a team that feels like a group of young men being lead by a true leader they respected, instead of an HC scattering around trying to keep the players corralled onto a single field. And it's naive not to connect the dots that this run-by-the-players mentality started in that locker room in 2001, then carried over to those locker rooms in 2002 and 2003 that were **** near equally as talented, and has continued ever since even as the talent level has dropped. It became "cultural". And with no respected leader in place, even a roster of good players usually doesn't end up playing well together as a team. That 2001 team was the very definition of lightning in a bottle. It ain't happening again.

I personally think both points are true. But you can't fault the 2001 kids for what they did. Not one bit. If there's any criticism to come from this history, it's 100% to the admin. Though I personally still support the decision to keep Coker on for 2001. I just think they were very short-sighted in not having an immediate change of plans for 2002 even if the 01 kids pulled it off. Anyone with a pulse should have known that natty was won by that roster of players, not the coaching staff. Once Coker was kept on beyond that, the country club culture took root.

Last edited:
This cuck fan mentality is a problem, as well.

The legend of Tate Martell continues with some of y'all—just because dude was good in high school and has that one highlight reel from garbage time against Rutgers.

Dude's head is up his girlfriend's culo and nowhere near football—to the point where he's gone ghost with his family and is asking for leaves of absence—but all of that would be different if coaches just gave him a few snaps.

Don't get it either.

I appreciate that there are those who are willing to challenge the players, instead of heaping all of the blame on the coaches.

There's more than enough blame to go around. Our players are mentally weak pussies.

If you're reading this and you play at Miami.....F-CK YOU!

Advertisement
That is a big problem...when you Claim you need time away form the team for personal reasons..just to hangout with your girl for thanksgiving...man get that Grey boy out of here...that’s the cancer...

Y’all mafukkas stupid! What is he supposed to lock himself in a dungeon and not see the light of day?! Cmon man y’all sound like little battered girls! Football is just a game people play for fun. If he ain’t happy then let him do what he needs to do to be happy. Who tf else would he be with for thanksgiving if not his girl? I understand that if he is with the team then he should not be doing that but he is away from the team during that time. It’s not like we were playing him anyway. Kid could be as good as bruh from Texas a&m and we wasted that talent by not going spread and letting him ball.

Y’all mafukkas stupid! What is he supposed to lock himself in a dungeon and not see the light of day?! Cmon man y’all sound like little battered girls! Football is just a game people play for fun. If he ain’t happy then let him do what he needs to do to be happy. Who tf else would he be with for thanksgiving if not his girl? I understand that if he is with the team then he should not be doing that but he is away from the team during that time. It’s not like we were playing him anyway. Kid could be as good as bruh from Texas a&m and we wasted that talent by not going spread and letting him ball.
Excuses me..don’t he play football for the University of Miami ? If he having personal issues cool we support him...he can go wherever he wants to just keep that off the Web..handle your business & get back healthy...that dude living the life & don’t care about UM football..yea he could be A good one or he might scrub...

Advertisement
In another month he’s going to be known as Kiki’s BF. In 3 months when he’s done with football and she dumps him he’ll forgotten. If he has one ounce of a brain, he’d be busting his *** in practice demanding the coaches start him in the bowl. If they decline, them you high tail it outta here. If they agree, you end up being the starting QB at Miami and get to keep your dime.

1000000% CORRECT SIR.....

This girl is going to move on to suck some Movie-Star/Millionaire/Billionaire's cokk on his private 1000ft yatch while Tate looks for a 3rd string job as a FG-holder in the CFL....

Poor kid had no concept of how hot the pussees would be on South Beach....

Nah. That group of players wasnt diseased. That’s an insane, bitter take at revisionist history. They were so culturally strong, they won with Coker as coach. No other group of men in cfb history could have achieved that. You’re criticizing Ed Reed at this point. Talk about absurd. Coker sucked and their preference ended poorly later on, after a title and another *title. But the fail was on our AD for hiring him, not them for asking.

Now, the disease does go to Coker, but not the Butch players. Country Club Coker did start this disease.
Those guys got thoroughly outworked and slapped around by Ohio Taint physically. And that was especially true of the loudmouth OL. They clowned and planned celebrations prior to the game then flopped despite a humongous talent advantage.

UM fans are starting to sound like triggered leftists. Reflexively bashing former players whose take is correct, just because they didn’t go after someone else. The revolution is eating its own. How dare they correctly observe a cultural flaw unless they observed my preferred example of a cultural flaw!

One would think the truth of their position would be a defense to the criticisms leveled at them here. Martell built his rep with social media photos of hot chicks and fancy life, so not sure why its surprising that that draws attention when the team sucks and he’s not just awol but getting social media attention for his whereabouts.

Moreover, two guys from the good years who actually care enough to come back and show up, work with kids, etc. Romberg called out OL earlier this year. Was he wrong?
How are you and the dopey former players so certain that Tate’s leave is a cultural issue and not a legitimate psychological or substance issue? Because you saw a picture of him and he wasn’t in the process of slitting his wrists or curled up in the fetal position in the picture?

From the reports throughout summer workouts, Tate was regularly the winner of the hardest worker award. I know you super he men will look at those awards as another symptom of softness somehow, but can you at least concede that you have no clue if Tate’s leave from the team is related to a possible psychological condition?

Attachments

• escape-goat-is-escaping-your-fail~2.jpeg
    escape-goat-is-escaping-your-fail~2.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 6
Advertisement
Back