JJ Weaver

Advertisement
Hadn't heard about the knee injury. If there's anything serious there, it'd be one thing if he was already committed. This staff has shown they don't drop kids because of injury. Given the way he's played his recruitment, that could definitely be in play as a reason why he wouldn't end up at Miami. I hadn't heard about that and it's not what I was referring to though.

I could see, the way things are going, Bogle basically getting left out as we run out of spots. I don't disagree with the sentiment that says "stack chips", but at some point, there's a limit to how many guys we can sign. If players want to "enjoy the process", at some point, they quite simply risk losing their spot in the class.

As much as the predominant sentiment around here is all doom and gloom over recruiting, we're at a list of ~16-18 commits right now, depending on how you feel about "silents". There may be a couple that could end up getting dropped, but basically we've only got 7-9 spots left to fill. We're in it for a lot of really good players to fill those spots.

When we do what we're gonna do on the football field this year, some people are going to find that it's too late to jump on the bandwagon.

Bogle might be one of those guys having too much fun admiring himself in the mirror to grab his opportunity before it's too late.
Agreed with everything you say. Better hop on now before it’s too late. I get going through the process but when you act like a fool on social media the staff gets tired of it. I know these kids are 17-18 years old but you gotta grow up especially with this type of decision.

I’d love to take 5 guys but I feel someone will get dropped or someone will leave cuz of competition. Hoping Miami gets the depth straightened out at d end by next year and not have to move guys from LB to play there like Joyner and McCray.

Youre not going to win. Maybe Roberts moves inside maybe but Richt and Diaz both like Big Defensive lineman

Advertisement
Youre not going to win. Maybe Roberts moves inside maybe but Richt and Diaz both like Big Defensive lineman

Big as in what? Tall/Long yes, big as in heavy? I don't see where that conclusion comes from. Jackson played at like 250 last year, mcIntosh was under 290lbs, Willis is 300lbs, Garvin is what 250lbs? We got what Nesta and Miller are the only DT listed over 300lbs. We got what, 2 DEs over 260lbs? If anything I would say Diaz prefers quicker, penetrating D-lineman over bigger and stronger.

Yea actually I have worked out quite a lot. Going into my senior year of high school I was 147 pounds and now in my sophomore year in college Im 175. Which is exactly why Im telling you what Im telling you. When you first start working out you put on a lot of weight fast but once you get to a certain level called a plateau you cant put on muscle as fast or barely any at all and so the only way to put on more weight is by bulking up and adding fat. Anaele clearly is already there and I see no reason why he needs to gain anymore bad weight with how lean yet big his body is

Going from 147-175 at 5'4 is way different then going from 243-265 at 6'4. Also, just look at the guy. He is going to have a lot easier time packing on weight then someone who plateaus at 175. Genetics play a big part in this.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back