JJ Weaver

Advertisement
Anaele is already 243 pounds with another year to go. It doesn’t matter if everybody else thinks he’s a DE...he’s going to outgrow the position.

His frame reminds me of Chad Thomas... not so much someone that can play inside... 275 is probably is ideal weight for college/pro

uxgiwrdbfmhlboc79ooy

Anaele is already 243 pounds with another year to go. It doesn’t matter if everybody else thinks he’s a DE...he’s going to outgrow the position.
Not every DE thats 240+ in high school is gonna end up inside. Kid already has a lot of good weight on him which means that he is already college ready for DE in that aspect. Usually the kids that you move inside are the ones that are that heavy with some bad weight. Cant only be getting 200 pound defensive ends and expecting all of them to put on 50 pounds.

Advertisement
Like some have said, just because a kid may be 260+ entering college doesn’t mean he will automatically outgrow DE IMO. Depends on the frame, length, build of the kid. Anuele is long and wiry, he could be a 6’5 280 SDE like C. Thomas in 2 years, who knows. Regardless it’s way too early to make any assumptions/predictions now. Just sign him first because he will have the whole country knocking on his door if he doesn’t already.

Not every DE thats 240+ in high school is gonna end up inside. Kid already has a lot of good weight on him which means that he is already college ready for DE in that aspect. Usually the kids that you move inside are the ones that are that heavy with some bad weight. Cant only be getting 200 pound defensive ends and expecting all of them to put on 50 pounds.
That’s not what I’m saying at all. I just said Arik Gilbert was a DE and he’s 247...but he’s 6’5 and Sam is 6’3 and 1/2. Could he shoot up? Absolutely but right now he looks like he’s going to be an extremely athletic DT.

That’s not what I’m saying at all. I just said Arik Gilbert was a DE and he’s 247...but he’s 6’5 and Sam is 6’3 and 1/2. Could he shoot up? Absolutely but right now he looks like he’s going to be an extremely athletic DT.
Understood, could very well be. At the end of the day just sign all the talented big men you can and figure it out later.

Off topic but we need the big boy from Sebastian River, ain’t no doubt about what he is playing in college lol. Anyone have any updates with him?

He would have to put on fat to get there. No way this kid is putting on 50+ pounds of more muscle. So why do that? 6'4 is not bad for a DE Bogle is 6'3 the only difference is he is 40 pounds lighter. If you have the kids body ready why not keep him there.

Advertisement
He would have to put on fat to get there. No way this kid is putting on 50+ pounds of more muscle. So why do that? 6'4 is not bad for a DE Bogle is 6'3 the only difference is he is 40 pounds lighter. If you have the kids body ready why not keep him there.
So you think a high junior already weighing 243 naturally probably won’t put on at minimum another 15 pounds by next year and then would have to put on 20 pounds of fat to meet target weight? Have you ever worked out before? Do you even know last year was his first year playing football so he’s never really been in a weight room?

Understood, could very well be. At the end of the day just sign all the talented big men you can and figure it out later.

Off topic but we need the big boy from Sebastian River, ain’t no doubt about what he is playing in college lol. Anyone have any updates with him?
Timmy Smith? I’ve heard nothing...

So you think a high junior already weighing 243 naturally probably won’t put on at minimum another 15 pounds by next year and then would have to put on 20 pounds of fat to meet target weight? Have you ever worked out before? Do you even know last year was his first year playing football so he’s never really been in a weight room?
Yea actually I have worked out quite a lot. Going into my senior year of high school I was 147 pounds and now in my sophomore year in college Im 175. Which is exactly why Im telling you what Im telling you. When you first start working out you put on a lot of weight fast but once you get to a certain level called a plateau you cant put on muscle as fast or barely any at all and so the only way to put on more weight is by bulking up and adding fat. Anaele clearly is already there and I see no reason why he needs to gain anymore bad weight with how lean yet big his body is

Yea actually I have worked out quite a lot. Going into my senior year of high school I was 147 pounds and now in my sophomore year in college Im 175. Which is exactly why Im telling you what Im telling you. When you first start working out you put on a lot of weight fast but once you get to a certain level called a plateau you cant put on muscle as fast or barely any at all and so the only way to put on more weight is by bulking up and adding fat. Anaele clearly is already there and I see no reason why he needs to gain anymore bad weight with how lean yet big his body is
There’s plenty of room because last year was his first year playing football and actually having a training regiment. C’mon dude, if you work out as much as you say you do you know that this kid has plenty more to go. I went from 170 to 220 in a matter of 2 years and I’ve worked out all my life and my brother went from 160 to 225 and plateaued there. He isn’t going to plateau anytime soon.

Advertisement
Man alot of you sound just like Al Golden.

None of you are Gus or even on his staff. **** while we are at it, let's add another 50 pounds on Rousseau body since he is only 17 and can still grow.

Miami is not some ******* G5 school that takes 240 DEs and turn them in 275 DTs. Plenty of DTs with DT size that we can recruit in 2020. Give me Smith and Dumerville, Collins in the 2021 class also.

Yall sound stupid as **** and dont know what yall talking about.

You talking about the rumor about his knee injury? Or just him being all over the place liking a different school each week?

Hadn't heard about the knee injury. If there's anything serious there, it'd be one thing if he was already committed. This staff has shown they don't drop kids because of injury. Given the way he's played his recruitment, that could definitely be in play as a reason why he wouldn't end up at Miami. I hadn't heard about that and it's not what I was referring to though.

I could see, the way things are going, Bogle basically getting left out as we run out of spots. I don't disagree with the sentiment that says "stack chips", but at some point, there's a limit to how many guys we can sign. If players want to "enjoy the process", at some point, they quite simply risk losing their spot in the class.

As much as the predominant sentiment around here is all doom and gloom over recruiting, we're at a list of ~16-18 commits right now, depending on how you feel about "silents". There may be a couple that could end up getting dropped, but basically we've only got 7-9 spots left to fill. We're in it for a lot of really good players to fill those spots.

When we do what we're gonna do on the football field this year, some people are going to find that it's too late to jump on the bandwagon.

Bogle might be one of those guys having too much fun admiring himself in the mirror to grab his opportunity before it's too late.

Man alot of you sound just like Al Golden.

None of you are Gus or even on his staff. **** while we are at it, let's add another 50 pounds on Rousseau body since he is only 17 and can still grow.

Miami is not some ******* G5 school that takes 240 DEs and turn them in 275 DTs. Plenty of DTs with DT size that we can recruit in 2020. Give me Smith and Dumerville, Collins in the 2021 class also.

Yall sound stupid as **** and dont know what yall talking about.
So what you’re saying is that this kid isn’t going to be 260 coming out of high school even though he’s growing at that rate and on top of that he’s already maxed out even though he’s only played a year of football and hasn’t been on a training regiment.

But I don’t know what I’m talking about...yea ok. Just remember the last guy I said this would happen too was Pat Bethel and where does he play now?

Advertisement
Pat Bethal is nowhere as long or as athletic. Just stop.

And if he is 260, cool. I like bigger DEs anyway

So what you’re saying is that this kid isn’t going to be 260 coming out of high school even though he’s growing at that rate and on top of that he’s already maxed out even though he’s only played a year of football and hasn’t been on a training regiment.

But I don’t know what I’m talking about...yea ok. Just remember the last guy I said this would happen too was Pat Bethel and where does he play now?
Again different body types. Look at this kid and look at Pat Bethel coming out of highschool. Anyone who can see can tell that aint no where near the same.

Pat Bethal is nowhere as long or as athletic. Just stop.

And if he is 260, cool. I like bigger DEs anyway
I wasn’t comparing them as football players. I like how you think a kid coming in at 260 won’t outgrow DE.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back