Jimmy Johnson

Advertisement
My original point was that Coach E doesn’t get enough credit here. Simple enough.
He gets enough from you to Defeat Napoleon's army....but absolutely NO culpability from you whatsoever in ref to his Garbage & Lazy recruiting...that began a spiral for UM.....Win 2 NCs with 90% of another Coaches players....but when my recruiting, and irresponsible control of players began to smell like a septic tank, I'll just run...and leave the entire mess to a 1st time...42yr old HC....Who took said pile of Sh*t...that your Bill Walsh 2.0 HC left....and left the CFB world Speechless 5yrs later....Lol....Take 31 Schollies from Erickson from 89-92...with No T.V...or Bowl for a yr....
People and Publications calling for you to Shut the program down....and see how Mr Erickson fairs then....I can guarantee you he wouldn't have Won ANY NCs....He had 3yrs to recruit OLmen...and failed miserably....

Coach's record after 5 years:
JJ
Record: 52-9 (.852)
Record vs Top 25: 19-7 (.731)
Record vs Top 10: 12-4 (.750)
Wins vs #1's: 4
NC's: 1

Erickson-
Record: 53-7 (.883)
Record vs Top 25: 16-6 (.727)
Record vs Top 10: 10-4 (.714)
Wins vs #1's: 2
NC's: 2
JJ left Erickson Waayyyy more talent than what Shnelly left JJ....Thats absolutely undeniable....

I posted this a few yrs ago, and thought I'd post again...These are JJ's own words to then UM DC Tom Olivadotti in a very Heated exchange shortly after Shnellenberger left UM about the Superiority of the 4-3 D...vs the 3-4 D....(When I met JJ during a trip to the Keys, I asked him if this was true and accurate, and he laughed and said it was)
"Quote"....Look *******, the Selmon Bros were AAs in an Upfield Pressure Def at Oklahoma, while you were coaching at some place called Salesianum Prep School in F*cking Delaware. Did you ever happen to wonder who might have thought up the Oklahoma Upfield pressure Defense that got the Football worlds attention?, all the way to Salesianum Prep in F*cking Delaware??.....
ME...Thats who....The Point is...my Scheme, with the right talent to execute it, can disrupt ANY Offense...Now, I know you believe otherwise...and I couldn't care less....We WILL be running a 4-3, regardless of what you, or anyone else thinks....
Olivadotti quit shortly afterwords....Talk about Savage......My favorite UM HC ever...(with Butch a close 2nd)

All must bow down in the presence of His Most Holy Coiffed One.

Last edited:
You
He gets enough from you to Defeat Napoleon's army....but absolutely NO culpability from you whatsoever in ref to his Garbage & Lazy recruiting...that began a spiral for UM.....Win 2 NCs with 90% of another Coaches players....but when my recruiting, and irresponsible control of players began to smell like a septic tank, I'll just run...and leave the entire mess to a 1st time...42yr old HC....Who took said pile of Sh*t...that your Bill Walsh 2.0 HC left....and left the CFB world Speechless 5yrs later....Lol....Take 31 Schollies from Erickson from 89-92...with No T.V...or Bowl for a yr....
People and Publications calling for you to Shut the program down....and see how Mr Erickson fairs then....I can guarantee you he wouldn't have Won ANY NCs....He had 3yrs to recruit OLmen...and failed miserably....
Dennis Erickson 2005 UM HOF!
For some odd reason, I cannot find Butch! There has to be a mistake in the UM Hall of Fame records. Butch is a combo of Lombardi, Stagg, Belichek, Noll, Coach Nick and every other great coach in football history and he is so highly regarded in UM circles that he has never had an interview for the Open HC position here since he got out of dodge. I wonder why????

Advertisement
I agree! I’m going to play golf. Thanks for your input as you are correct. I support my friends, nothing personal
And you absolutely Should...but at the same time I haven't ONCE heard you admit to the FACT that Erickson Won 2 NCs with another coaches kids...Not ONCE that his recruiting declined terribly....Nobody is hating Dennis...
I'm well aware of the 89-91 teams....But those were 90% JJs kids....JJ didnt leave the cupboard bare, like Erickson left Butch....

You

For some odd reason, I cannot find Butch! There has to be a mistake in the UM Hall of Fame records. Butch is a combo of Lombardi, Stagg, Belichek, Noll, Coach Nick and every other great coach in football history and he is so highly regarded in UM circles that he has never had an interview for the Open HC position here since he got out of dodge. I wonder why????
Butch has 2 SB Rings as a Devastating coach for the Cowboys....Butch created a team that would Smack ANY Erickson team off a cliff....Butch sent 26 1st rounders into the NFL....not to mention 3 HOFers...and a couple more in yrs to come....Butch was able to ALSO create UMs Best OL ever....even going into Canada to snag 2 starters...Butch was able to do this under the worst sanctions, aside from SMU in CFB History...
What tf is Ericksons excuse??....

You

What was his gift??...A case of Vodka??

Butch has 2 SB Rings as a Devastating coach for the Cowboys....Butch created a team that would Smack ANY Erickson team off a cliff....Butch sent 26 1st rounders into the NFL....not to mention 3 HOFers...and a couple more in yrs to come....Butch was able to ALSO create UMs Best OL ever....even going into Canada to snag 2 starters...Butch was able to do this under the worst sanctions, aside from SMU in CFB History...
In your world Jimmy and Butch did it all here. However the records show Jimmy and Butchie winning 1 NC with all of their great players and Coach E winning 2 NCs with all of Jimmy and Butchies great players. Can you explain? I’m perplexed

Advertisement
Lol at Butch not in UMs HOF....So f-ing what??...And who's to say it won't happen eventually??....BOT has alot of f-ing nerve to EVER say anything Bad about Butch...The same azzholes who agreed to hire Coker...Shannon and Golden....Boy...that speaks volumes....Lol...

Lol at Butch not in UMs HOF....So f-ing what??...And who's to say it won't happen eventually??....BOT has alot of f-ing nerve to EVER say anything Bad about Butch...The same azzholes who agreed to hire Coker...Shannon and Golden....Boy...that speaks volumes....Lol...
But Superfan can vilify our only Coach with 2 NCs

In your world Jimmy and Butch did it all here. However the records show Jimmy and Butchie winning 1 NC with all of their great players and Coach E winning 2 NCs with all of Jimmy and Butchies great players. Can you explain? I’m perplexed
Erickson should hand over ANY HOF Awards to JJ yesterday.....Take 31 schollies from Mr Walsh and THEN come talk to me....Comparing JJ as a FB coach too Erickson is complete stupidity....JJ shook up CFB....and then preceded to Shake up the NFL....Only thing Erickson shook up was a Martini...

Every Single One A Butch Kid...Now go Show me how Erickson without ANY sanctions fairs against this.....You simply can't.....Oh...and Btw...This team would slap that Bama 93 team across the Palmetto and back.....

Advertisement
Erickson should hand over ANY HOF Awards to JJ yesterday.....Take 31 schollies from Mr Walsh and THEN come talk to me....Comparing JJ as a FB coach too Erickson is complete stupidity....JJ shook up CFB....and then preceded to Shake up the NFL....Only thing Erickson shook up was a Martini...
Dennis Erickson HC 1989 & 1991 NCs. Why do you despise Coach E?
He’s only our winningest coach of his era. Again Coach E won 2 NCs with Jimmy and Butchies kids, they won 1.

JJ MADE UM the U....If JJ stays at UM....We don't lose to Bama..Why??...Do I really have to say it??....Lol...JJ stays at UM...Not only do we Win the 89 and 91 NCs....We win the 90...92...and 94 NCs without ANY Doubt in my mind....

Advertisement
He most certainly did....The 88 class was JJs....Tez included....When JJ wanted someone from 84-88 he without ANY question sent Butch....Plain and Simple....whats funny and ironic at the same time is, once JJs kids left after the 91/92 season....things started going downhill in ref to recruiting....Once Butch's kids left at the end of the 2004 season...The exact same thing transpired....What a f-ing coincidence I tell ya....LoL....

I don't why you're hung up on this. No one questions JJ and Butch's recruiting skills, and no one says Erickson was their peer in that subject.

That's on Jimmy. It was his decision to start Vinny, not bench Vinny, and let Vinny keep throwing.
I agree. But there's a difference between a bad personnel decision in a single game and bad coaching.

I'm sure he figured Vinny would get back in the groove before it was over. As it was it was close. It probably would have been better if they jumped out to a bigger lead. Then he would have replaced a rusty Testaverde with Toretta.

Advertisement
Back