Jimmy Johnson

Lol...like I'm not friends with players who played for Erickson...You'd be shocked...You have no idea who I'm friends with...I can name 5-6 Players that played under Erickson, and have been in my home numerous times....Lets stop that nonsense now...
The QB of those teams had 30 players in my hometown for his wedding. Guess where they partied?

Advertisement
Failed??...2 playoff appearances since the Civil War...Stop it...Butch had every reason to leave whether you like to hear it or not....Oh...and by the way...UMs FB GPA was at an alltime High under Butch....Alot higher than Ericksons teams...thats 100% Fact....
Like Mike Irvin said to his dad when he asked Mike how his grades were “if you are worried about my grades, you should have sent me to MIT”

Like Mike Irvin said to his dad when he asked Mike how his grades were “if you are worried about my grades, you should have sent me to MIT”
Again what would Gino know?
What would he know?....only a Batsh*t crazy person, would mention Erickson in the same sentence with someone who completely revolutionized Off FB in the NFL....

What would he know?....only a Batsh*t crazy person, would mention Erickson in the same sentence with someone who completely revolutionized Off FB in the NFL....
I’ll be at his house in the Gables next week so I’ll let him know that he is crazy! FYI Coach E ran an offense 30 years ago that evolved into today’s spread.

Advertisement
I’ll be at his house in the Gables next week so I’ll let him know that he is crazy! FYI Coach E ran an offense 30 years ago that evolved into today’s spread.
Dont care what Gino says....I care what Montana and Young (2 HOFers) have to say above that....

Dont care what Gino says....I care what Montana and Young (2 HOFers) have to say above that....
I didn’t know Joe and Steve played at UM! Gino is one of the great ambassadors of this university and any fan would appreciate his successes on and off the field. G Must not have been one of your pals!

Best record ever!

Coach's record after 5 years:
JJ
Record: 52-9 (.852)
Record vs Top 25: 19-7 (.731)
Record vs Top 10: 12-4 (.750)
Wins vs #1's: 4
NC's: 1

Erickson-
Record: 53-7 (.883)
Record vs Top 25: 16-6 (.727)
Record vs Top 10: 10-4 (.714)
Wins vs #1's: 2
NC's: 2

Coach's record after 5 years:
JJ
Record: 52-9 (.852)
Record vs Top 25: 19-7 (.731)
Record vs Top 10: 12-4 (.750)
Wins vs #1's: 4
NC's: 1

Erickson-
Record: 53-7 (.883)
Record vs Top 25: 16-6 (.727)
Record vs Top 10: 10-4 (.714)
Wins vs #1's: 2
NC's: 2
Numbers don’t lie!

Advertisement
The numbers say...
W/L records are nearly identical.
Jimmy played a slightly tougher schedule with better results.
I'm not going out on a limb here when I say JJ probably has more top 25 wins and more wins vs #1's than any other UM coach in history.
I believe Coach E was 63-9 at UM

Again what would Gino know?
Just curious......... is your hero Butch in the UM HOF?
FYI Coach E was inducted to the UM HOF in 2005. Now, why would UM induct Dennis Erickson into their HOF if he committed these alleged NCAA infractions you mentioned?

Love Gino...Dont p
I didn’t know Joe and Steve played at UM! Gino is one of the great ambassadors of this university and any fan would appreciate his successes on and off the field. G Must not have been one of your pals!
Love Gino...Always have...Please dont put words in my mouth, to fit your narrative...and btw...My entire post had nothing to do with Erickson...until you entered the fray with Erickson stuff....The OP was about JJ....Thanx for turning the original topic into this.

Advertisement
Just curious......... is your hero Butch in the UM HOF?
FYI Coach E was inducted to the UM HOF in 2005. Now, why would UM induct Dennis Erickson into their HOF if he committed these alleged NCAA infractions you mentioned?
Because he Won 2 NCs....Complete different staffs....different ADs....and Butch NEVER saw eye to eye with UMs BOT....and NOBODY said Erickson commited ANYTHING other than being completely Lackadaisical with Discipline...and stinking up the joint recruiting his last 2yrs....

Because he Won 2 NCs....Complete different staffs....different ADs....and Butch NEVER saw eye to eye with UMs BOT....and NOBODY said Erickson commited ANYTHING other than being completely Lackadaisical with Discipline...and stinking up the joint recruiting his last 2yrs....
Well you chose to mention LOIC. Loom Coach E us in the HOF and a great guy end of story

Love Gino...Dont p

Love Gino...Always have...Please dont put words in my mouth, to fit your narrative...and btw...My entire post had nothing to do with Erickson...until you entered the fray with Erickson stuff....The OP was about JJ....Thanx for turning the original topic into this.
Just commenting on UM HCs of with JJ and Coach E were. You said Gino was bat**** crazy for mentioning Walsh and Coach E in the same sentence. Just look up the page a bit!

Advertisement
Just commenting on UM HCs of with JJ and Coach E were. You said Gino was bat**** crazy for mentioning Walsh and Coach E in the same sentence. Just look up the page a bit!
Thought you were done??....Walsh that revolutionized NFL Offenses with his West Coast Spread Long (early 80s) before Erickson was at UM...and you think Ericksons Off gameplan against Bama was smart??...You have a Stable of Good too Great RBs....and you decide it would be better to run a one back too no back gameplan against Curry and Copeland, with a 5'8 160lb (soaking wet) RB..(Conley?) Leaving Torretta like a sitting Duck??....C'mon Man....

Not exactly....they ran a 3-4 and 5-2....One was called Monster (Tony Fitzpatrick is a friend and we talked about it at length)

Yes, they ran 30 fronts out of the 5-2 but it was definitely a 5-2 base. Any defense with a nose it all starts there and make no mistake Tony was the key. I remember him as a little dude even for that time period, but he was a flipping animal and dominated at "monster". That defense also had Freddie Robinson and Kevin ***an at tackles. The most under appreciated guy on that defense was Ken Sisk. He was an absolute stud in the Orange Bowl game.

Yes, they ran 30 fronts out of the 5-2 but it was definitely a 5-2 base. Any defense with a nose it all starts there and make no mistake Tony was the key. I remember him as a little dude even for that time period, but he was a flipping animal and dominated at "monster". That defense also had Freddie Robinson and Kevin ***an at tackles. The most under appreciated guy on that defense was Ken Sisk. He was an absolute stud in the Orange Bowl game.
I spoke too Tony at length last yr at the ND game about the Monster....Im pretty close to former UM Punter Greg Labelle...and we spoke about it as well.

To summarize, 2 guys “debating” which coach, jj or Erickson had the better record at the U. Same guys also boasting who personally knows more former Cane players. In summary, it appears to me that both of these guys have very boring lives and need to brag and “debate” an issue to compensate for their inadequacies in the “real” world of everyday life.

Advertisement
Back